Sneaker Collecting

West

Mr. Big's Thug
I don't know (understand?) this hobby of collecting sneakers but out of curiosity, what are some really expensive highly sought after shoes? Are they Kizuna Encounter home cart expensive?

Some of the more expensive shoes can go well into the $1-3000 range, with some of the rarest fetching 10k or more. If you go on ebay and type in nike and sort by highest price you'll see some veeeeerrryyyy expensive and rare shoes. Thing is, the moment you put them on your feet they loose around 1/3 to half of their value.

Some crazy rare and sought after (these are only a few of many):
Any original Jordan
Nike Paris SB
Nike Entourage Air Force 1
Air max 1 amsterdam
Nike Air Yeezy
Nike Wu Tang Dunk High
Nike Air Foamposite Galaxy
Air Jordan 4 Eminem

Any of those go for between $1000 up to $5000

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
7Ha8sdN.jpg

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
When I go down to Chicago I see alot of guys with the tags and stickers still on their clothes and shoes. Are they collectors too? Does leaving the tags on increase the value?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Do they plug into the Classic NES?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
We're collecting shoes now? can't wait for the thread on pen collections.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Some of the more expensive shoes can go well into the $1-3000 range, with some of the rarest fetching 10k or more. If you go on ebay and type in nike and sort by highest price you'll see some veeeeerrryyyy expensive and rare shoes. Thing is, the moment you put them on your feet they loose around 1/3 to half of their value.

Some crazy rare and sought after (these are only a few of many):
Any original Jordan
Nike Paris SB
Nike Entourage Air Force 1
Air max 1 amsterdam
Nike Air Yeezy
Nike Wu Tang Dunk High
Nike Air Foamposite Galaxy
Air Jordan 4 Eminem

Any of those go for between $1000 up to $5000
Jordan 5 Oregon Ducks. Only made for the Oregon men's basketball team. Quick as they got them the players flipped them on eBay. Mark Wahlberg has Been spotted in a pair. 10k easy for the real deal. That green suede with the duck logo instead of the jumpman. Things are fire.

On a more affordable note. I picked up a pair of Jordan 11 university blue and whites. And a pair of NMDs in like a sand/brown color. Also some fun adventure time themed doc martens. Big purple lumpy space princess boots. dunno what my next buy will be, but I like my most recents.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Just got these half off:
Nike-Sock-Dart-3-1-681x455.jpg

When I go down to Chicago I see alot of guys with the tags and stickers still on their clothes and shoes. Are they collectors too? Does leaving the tags on increase the value?
No, this is like how some people leave the tags on their hats. It's supposed to make it look like the person stole the item and didn't bother to remove the stickers / tags.

We're collecting shoes now? can't wait for the thread on pen collections.

Bitch, please. People have been collecting sneakers long before videogames.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not a sneaker collector but I know guys who collect Jordan's. I guess it's no different then collecting anything else. I usually have 4 or 5 pairs that I wear till they get worn out, then buy new ones.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
With sneaker collecting, I assume that someone out there makes plastic cases to keep the boxes minty...? And are the shoes worth more with all the original crumpled up paper still in tact? (Okay, I'm joking...but you never know.)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
you have not lived until you made a stick out of a shoebox.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
With sneaker collecting, I assume that someone out there makes plastic cases to keep the boxes minty...? And are the shoes worth more with all the original crumpled up paper still in tact? (Okay, I'm joking...but you never know.)

Collecting shoes is like collecting games in some ways. They're definitely worth more if they have the box and all the papers in store bought condition, never tried on, etc. If you're storing shoes, you should take out all the crumpled paper in the toes, it will fuck them up in the long run. The box will always have a bit of wear but to a collector if the shoe is new and doesn't have the OG box it definitely detracts from the value, especially if the box is unique, has art on it, or is special in some way.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Collecting shoes is like collecting games in some ways. They're definitely worth more if they have the box and all the papers in store bought condition, never tried on, etc. If you're storing shoes, you should take out all the crumpled paper in the toes, it will fuck them up in the long run. The box will always have a bit of wear but to a collector if the shoe is new and doesn't have the OG box it definitely detracts from the value, especially if the box is unique, has art on it, or is special in some way.

Hmm, yes and no.

Complete in box equivalent would be "deadstock" which has all the packaging and has never been worn.

However, if you go to a sneaker con or whatever, you're far more likely to just see tables full of loose sneakers laced to one another. I never have and never would buy used sneakers, but it's a pretty common thing.

I'd also like to clarify that I don't "collect" sneakers. I wear all of mine, though I'll often save the ones I buy in the winter and then wear them in the spring / summer since New England weather is brutal on most materials.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Check this biz out. Official Capcom x Ubiq sneaker collaboration. SF2, Ghosts&Goblins, MegaMan, and Monster Hunter (wtf is up with this shit?! They should have clearly done Strider instead).

ubiq-capcom-street-fighter2-copy.jpg

http://footwearnews.com/2017/focus/...asic-video-games-inspire-new-sneakers-395048/

Just put in my pre-order on Atmos. (http://www.atmos-tokyo.com/shop/goods/search.aspx?search=x&keyword=ubiq+capcom&image.x=0&image.y=0)

I gotta say I was flabbergasted to see that they had size 13's available in Japan. That pretty much never happens with Japan only releases.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Ah, man, those are pretty hot. I work around the corner from Ubiq's main store. I hope they decide to carry them there.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I gotta say I was flabbergasted to see that they had size 13's available in Japan. That pretty much never happens with Japan only releases.

These aren't Japan only, though. Ubiq is a shop in Philly.

Ah, man, those are pretty hot. I work around the corner from Ubiq's main store. I hope they decide to carry them there.

They def. will.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
These aren't Japan only, though. Ubiq is a shop in Philly.

They def. will.

Hopefully they will. I gave Ubiq ring about them a few hours ago and they had no idea what I was talking about. Reportedly they are currently exclusive to Japan, will all be made to order, and shipped to buyers in November. We'll see if all that holds true as I agree, it would be silly if they didn't have a general release at the Ubiq store closer to the release date.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
If Ubiq have them on site at some point and you guys want a pair, let me know.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The beastie boys called them "Sneaker Pimps".

People collect the damndest things, I swear.

I should talk though - I collect band, anime, game, geek tshirts, hoodies, video games.