Sneaker Collecting

West

Mr. Big's Thug
It's a debatable question but definitely one that sneaker "collectors" get asked a lot. Speaking for myself, I wear all my shoes. Eventually ;) I admit that of all the shoes (over 300 pairs) I have, probably 20% haven't been worn because either they're too valuable and I see them more as art objects, or I just haven't gotten around to wearing em. Strangely, I like to buy a sneaker then sometimes wait like 6 months to a year before I wear it. There are absolutely big time collectors out there who never wear their shoes, and big time collectors who do.

Last edited:

West

Mr. Big's Thug
anyone seen these Japanese Hender Scheme sneakers? They come in a bunch of famous silhouettes (Jordan IV, Vans Era, New Balance, Reebok Alien Stomper, etc) and are made of some kind of uncured leather that slowly changes color brownas you wear em. Would want a pair of the Jordans or AF1's but they're damn pricey!!

Whatup PotetoB!

Yeah those are pretty sick. Jordan4's and the Alien stompers are killing it. They're getting em at this spot in Broolklyn called Idol but the J4's are gonna be like a grand and the stompers are a little less. Usually when I see a sneaker coming out of Japan I almost instantly turn my brain off to it as they NEVER have a size 13 but they're making this run in a size 12 so I could probably do em. Very tempting.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'm going to buy some new sneakers within a few weeks so my feet aren't killing me at nycc. I'd love the Labron 11s but the price tag on those is insane. Might try the mesh lunar90s. I wish onitsukas were in more stores. The color choices are usually shit.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
A friend of mine gave me a pair of Jordan 4's(the black ones) and i accidently pulled one of the back tabs off. I wound up just taking the other one off too so they would match. I messed up and told him and he nearly had a heartattack. He was like what what you did what you idiot they are selling for blah blah blah. Wish i hadn't said anything now. I like looking for deals on adidas and puma's.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
These are nice, I have quite a few there just nice and plain and also they are quite cheap now due to it being from 2010, there made by Diggy Simmons [Rev Runs son] Chivalrous Culture.

hamachi.jpg

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I own three total pairs of shoes: my Ariat cowboy boots, a pair of black and white Chuck Taylor high tops, and my old shotput/discus shoes from high school. Possibly there's a pair of cleats or sandals somewhere in the house, I dunno.

I wear the boots pretty much always, unless I'm playing basketball, running, or wearing shorts.

I'm not really into shoes but it is about time for a new pair of boots. Mine are pretty worn out and I'll fall on my ass this winter if I don't get some with some new tread.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
I own three total pairs of shoes: my Ariat cowboy boots, a pair of black and white Chuck Taylor high tops, and my old shotput/discus shoes from high school. Possibly there's a pair of cleats or sandals somewhere in the house, I dunno.

I wear the boots pretty much always, unless I'm playing basketball, running, or wearing shorts.

I'm not really into shoes but it is about time for a new pair of boots. Mine are pretty worn out and I'll fall on my ass this winter if I don't get some with some new tread.

I was in Dallas awhile back and went into a few boot shops just to check out what was up with cowboy boots and I was pretty blown away with the materials and craftsmanship. Also some of the prices that went well into the $4-5000 range so that was an eyeopener. Boots aren't really my thing but I could definitely appreciate how well they were made and the attention to detail. Very slick.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm going to buy some new sneakers within a few weeks so my feet aren't killing me at nycc. I'd love the Labron 11s but the price tag on those is insane. Might try the mesh lunar90s. I wish onitsukas were in more stores. The color choices are usually shit.

Yeah, Lebrons are dope but you gotta pony up the loot if you wanna go that way. The 11's are wicked light. Onitsukas are the jam but you're absolutely right the color ways in the states are total garbage. When I was traveling through Asia, and particularly in Japan (of course) they had amazing colors that you'd never see here. I'm a sz 13 and there are no size 13's in Asia so I was straight outta luck. If you're a size 11 or below you can usually luck out with a few websites that won't charge insane process for asia-only exclusive color ways.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
that's how I buy shoes too

:lolz:

Ever do the same with boards? I like to buy 2 of stuff I like which pretty much means records and shoes ;) I'm trying not to do it with boards but the temptation is definitely there.

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
I was big on sneaker collecting back in the 90's and had about 15 pairs of Jordan's lots of Reebok Pumps and Reebok Classics in all sorts of colors.

Anyone remember Vision Street Wear sneakers?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
They announced the Lebron 12s today. I don't really like them, but now I really want 11s before they're discontinued.

nike-lebron-xii-12-teal-grey-orange-sample-21.jpg

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I have something like 6 pairs of Vans, wear them all cause I don't want to be the collector that never wears 'em. I need fresh kicks. Fantasize about Reebok The Pump sometimes.

anyways, great thread!

West

Mr. Big's Thug
I was big on sneaker collecting back in the 90's and had about 15 pairs of Jordan's lots of Reebok Pumps and Reebok Classics in all sorts of colors.

Anyone remember Vision Street Wear sneakers?

Ohhhhh yeah. I remember those. Vision had a really solid graphical style. I was more of an Airwalk kid when it came to skate shoes though.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
I have something like 6 pairs of Vans, wear them all cause I don't want to be the collector that never wears 'em. I need fresh kicks. Fantasize about Reebok The Pump sometimes.

anyways, great thread!

These are my latest Vans pickup. Looking for the puppy ones next ;)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 73

Slugger

Marked Wolf
I don´t now nothing about sneaker collecting but I bought these in the 90´s. Just a couple of days ago I tried them on and they still fit!
reebok-respect-pack-pump-fury-omni-1.jpg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
attachment.php

comes with?
cn5417750.jpg

my new shoes
$_57.JPG

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I just ordered the mesh Lunar 90s. I couldn't find them in the stores without going into the city so I just ordered them online. Hopefully they fit similar to the Lebron VIIs.

Nike-Air-Max-Lunar90-Mens-Shoe-631744_101_A.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It's a debatable question but definitely one that sneaker "collectors" get asked a lot. Speaking for myself, I wear all my shoes. Eventually ;) I admit that of all the shoes (over 300 pairs) I have, probably 20% haven't been worn because either they're too valuable and I see them more as art objects, or I just haven't gotten around to wearing em. Strangely, I like to buy a sneaker then sometimes wait like 6 months to a year before I wear it. There are absolutely big time collectors out there who never wear their shoes, and big time collectors who do.

I don't know (understand?) this hobby of collecting sneakers but out of curiosity, what are some really expensive highly sought after shoes? Are they Kizuna Encounter home cart expensive?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I don't know (understand?) this hobby of collecting sneakers but out of curiosity, what are some really expensive highly sought after shoes? Are they Kizuna Encounter home cart expensive?

Right now? The Air Yeezys by Kanye West and Nike. Those and the 2011 Air Mag replicas.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Those and the 2011 Air Mag replicas.

The Nike Mag ― a limited edition replica of the shoes featured in the film Back To The Future: Part II ― is the only footwear I'd consider paying Neo•Geo-esque prices to get. :cool:

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
You're right - it's just Mag, not Air Mag.

Self-lacing ones are supposed to come out next year.