West

Mr. Big's Thug
Anyone here into collecting sneakers?

Here are a few of my recent pickups, all deadstock:

Krink Air Force 1's w/signed box
Espo Air Force 2's w/signed box
Tiffany Dunk Highs

sneakers.JPG

I'm a size 13 so finding the rarer stuff can be very tricky.

Anyone else got a sneaker addiction or just pick up a pair of shoes they're really digging?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah fam.

I used to have see-through forces. They was dope when next to my skeleton saturn.

SUPREME where are you? SMH.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I got Guy's from SF Alpha Nike, old school with foam and the whole deal.

I also own a lot of converse hi and lo ALL-Star.

Not really collecting per say, but I like old school sneakers.

The other day I grabbed a pair of Blue Adidas Dragon, so sick!

Orion Adidas were the shit back in the day of the ...and justice for all Metallica album, so rad in 1988 with black hi top adidas, mad trasher elite!

West

Mr. Big's Thug
I got Guy's from SF Alpha Nike, old school with foam and the whole deal.

I also own a lot of converse hi and lo ALL-Star.

Not really collecting per say, but I like old school sneakers.

The other day I grabbed a pair of Blue Adidas Dragon, so sick!

Orion Adidas were the shit back in the day of the ...and justice for all Metallica album, so rad in 1988 with black hi top adidas, mad trasher elite!

What are the SF Alpha Guy sneakers? I always wondered which Nike model those might be. They look kinda like Vandals or Air Force One Highs but could be Dunk Highs too I imagine.

I collect both new and old sneakers. Partially I want to find all the sneakers I wanted as a kid but could never have (why I have a weak spot for Jordan 3's and Air Max's), but there's a lot of new stuff that comes out that I keep up on. I wish they would retro all the 80's Airwalk sneakers that they made back in their heyday. Airwalk was so ahead of their time with sneaker design. But they were soooo heavy to skate in ;)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
hmn, I looked everywhere for a model tag somewhere, the box isn't the original box, also I know Guy's are high tops but these ones are low, however the white sign and the eraser sole is there along with the vibrant red swede. I'll take a pic of them later as I know you'll recognize them easy enough.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Those see through AF1's are cool as hell.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
hmn, I looked everywhere for a model tag somewhere, the box isn't the original box, also I know Guy's are high tops but these ones are low, however the white sign and the eraser sole is there along with the vibrant red swede. I'll take a pic of them later as I know you'll recognize them easy enough.

Yeah man, I'd like to see what you have on these.

Here are a few possibilities I always considered but not are exactly like what he has.

Dunk Highs, Blazers, and Vandals.

Attachments

• dunk highs.jpg
    dunk highs.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 207
  • red_vandals.jpg
    red_vandals.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 200
  • vandals.jpg
    vandals.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 208

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Those see through AF1's are cool as hell.

Thanks man. It took me forever to find them in my size (at a reasonable price hehe).

They also come with a pair of special socks ;)

Check it out:

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 205

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Not much of a collector since I wear what I buy. My best ones are the tokidoki Onitsuka Tiger highs, airbrushed by hand.

2013-Onitsuka-Tiger-Fabre-74-X-Tokidoki-Blue-Magenta-Women-Men-1124__23454_zoom.jpg

I used to avoid buying Nikes but recently broke down and bought the Soldier VIIs because they look like they fell off of Eva-01. I really regret not getting the Tiffany Dunks. Recently, my friend got the Kill Bill Tigers that say "FUCK YOU" on the soles.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
I also just wear what I buy and rarely have two pairs of sneakers in rotation at once.
I'm currently enjoying my 2nd pair of Beavis and Butthead shoes

ADR_1062.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Onitsuka Tigers all the way cheapest and most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Not much of a collector since I wear what I buy. My best ones are the tokidoki Onitsuka Tiger highs, airbrushed by hand.

View attachment 18119

I used to avoid buying Nikes but recently broke down and bought the Soldier VIIs because they look like they fell off of Eva-01. I really regret not getting the Tiffany Dunks. Recently, my friend got the Kill Bill Tigers that say "FUCK YOU" on the soles.

Damn, those are pretty dope. I dig when they do graphics under the translucent sole. It's the little details like that that get me on a sneaker.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Onitsuka Tigers all the way cheapest and most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.

Tigers are dope. The colorways are always really on point. When I went out to Asia they had some wicked colors that aren't released in the US. Too bad I'm a size 13. Good luck finding that size in Hong Kong or Tokyo ;)

As for pure comfort, New Balance is almost always a winner for me. Here are one of my favorite pairs of NB's done by a graffiti artist called Wisdum.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 175

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I wouldn't say I'm a collector, but I have amassed a collection of adidas over the last 17 years. I wear all of them and have a couple pair that I've owned for 12-14 years.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Damn, those are pretty dope. I dig when they do graphics under the translucent sole. It's the little details like that that get me on a sneaker.

Yeah, I missed out on the low-top version, and when these dropped I had just graduated and didn't have a job. I had a small pile of cash to last me until I found a job and ended up spending it on these. No regrets.

For New Balance, I got my first pair of 574s recently. They're pretty good, but I'm not in love with them. I use them mainly for the gym. They're the limited edition "island" colorway:

kl574i1i_nb_14_i

They're falling apart but I love my winter boots. They're corduroy high tops.

puma.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Oh man, I'll have some pics in here l8r. I've got cabs to unwrap, lol. Great thread!

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I love sneaker [Hi-tops] collecting but is hard for me due to being a size 14 (US)

But i generally go for a series of trainers and then get the same in different colors Like these are some of my fav that i have in red, pink and blue,
puma-sky-high-plus-1-1.jpg
but i also have reeboks, Supra but need to get into radii especially there straight jacket range

also has anyone seen Kid cudi's Summer 2015 range of trainer Haha
kid-cudi-giuseppe-zanotti-700x357.jpg

and highly recommend this book the puma story
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Puma-Story-remarkable-sportlifestyle/dp/1905736401

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
What I'm currently wearing:

reynolds-3-16-black-gold-white-orig.png
Emerica Reynolds 3 Black and Gold.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
I love sneaker [Hi-tops] collecting but is hard for me due to being a size 14 (US)

But i generally go for a series of trainers and then get the same in different colors Like these are some of my fav that i have in red, pink and blue,

but i also have reeboks, Supra but need to get into radii especially there straight jacket range

also has anyone seen Kid cudi's Summer 2015 range of trainer Haha

and highly recommend this book the puma story
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Puma-Story-remarkable-sportlifestyle/dp/1905736401

Dood! Those Kid Cudi hi tops are ridiculous. Like the've grown some kind of leather tumors all over them. The puma highs are dope. Never really been up on em.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Serious question, I'm not trying to be an asshat. Do serious collectora wear these sneakers? Or does that all depend on condition?

Below are the only pair of sneakers I wish I had back in the day and didn't. The 92 Air Jordan.

air-jordan-vi-black-red%u00255B1%u00255D.jpg

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
anyone seen these Japanese Hender Scheme sneakers? They come in a bunch of famous silhouettes (Jordan IV, Vans Era, New Balance, Reebok Alien Stomper, etc) and are made of some kind of uncured leather that slowly changes color brownas you wear em. Would want a pair of the Jordans or AF1's but they're damn pricey!!

henderscheme.jpg752768621_tp.jpg

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Just picked these up yesterday.

Federer x Jordan 3 Zoom Vapors. I love Jordan 3's so these were calling my name. Could have done without the RF logo on the toe though ;)

photo-4.JPG

These are some throwback sneakers that I just love. Airwalk Jim shoe in the Tennisball material. A lot of shoes have copied the tennis ball style after this but Airwalk was the first. They were killing it before they went under. They had shoes made of basketball material, football leather, all kinds of interesting stuff. But the Tennisball Jim shoe wins for me. Had to get 2 of those ;)
photo-5.JPG