Turboexpress LCD mod

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks for the link! I think im gonna so a little bit of snipping so i can mod my turboexpress and nomad.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
The rechargeable battery lasted 4 hrs and 15 min on a hucard. I'm gonna try the everdrive next.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
damn thats what I call a TB express, it looks pretty with that screen and not the little one that you cant read anything. Now I can look for one to use my everdrive.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I'm at 3hrs and 23min of running time with an ever drive and still going, the battery should die any moment.

I think the next battery test will be with a Turbo express stock screen + everdrive

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Tremendous! Fine work right there! This could turn into a fix for many other handhelds as well. Original GBA would be ace.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
holy shit, does that lcd screen mod make a world of a difference! I need this done to my express asap!!!!!!

as well as my nomad :)

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I'm trying to run a battery test with a stock Turboexpress and the everdrive. Hopefully I get that done today.

The bad thing is that the Turboexpress shuts off the stock screen if there's no activity.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm trying to run a battery test with a stock Turboexpress and the everdrive. Hopefully I get that done today.

The bad thing is that the Turboexpress shuts off the stock screen if there's no activity.

Hehe, I noticed that recently. Cool thing to do for a '90 device.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
This is pretty freakin' sweet. If only the everdrive worked on it, I may actually consider doing something like this!!!

It does.

I had my screen replaced a few months ago but went with a smaller, closer to the original LCD. I just prefer the look and it doesn't affect my gaming.

Nice job though! Another saved unit.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I noticed some very minor jailbars in the picture on the screen. Most noticeable with Bonk.

I wonder if the same jailbar fix would work on the TE/GT as it does on the home consoles?

It stands to reason it probably would.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I noticed some very minor jailbars in the picture on the screen. Most noticeable with Bonk.

I wonder if the same jailbar fix would work on the TE/GT as it does on the home consoles?

It stands to reason it probably would.

Lowering the brightness eliminated the jailbars.

I had it set way to high.

I need to snag that TurboExpress from you sometime BladeDancer314. Blazing Lasers on the PSP isn't cutting it anymore.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I need to snag that TurboExpress from you sometime BladeDancer314. Blazing Lasers on the PSP isn't cutting it anymore.

Yes you need to come get it, before I start to get some ideas and start hacking on it!

Everything looks to be working on it now, just needs new caps.

leonk

Marked Wolf
Anyone got an express they're willing to hook me up with for a reasonable price?

PM me.. :)