Looks Like Blade Runner 2 Happening With Ridley And Harrison!!!

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
This is going to be another bellyflop like Prometheus.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My interest level in a new Blade Runner movie involving Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford is low.

I hope they get a writer that will give Scott an airtight script that he can't fuck with. Scott has shown us that when revisiting his speculative stuff, the details of the story aren't as important as getting the look of the world right. It was a very sloppy, arrogant movie that sacrificed narrative for big ideas.

I don't understand why we need to see Harrison Ford in a Blade Runner sequel. What's the point? His story's told. And since he's going to show his age, it's unlikely that they'll go with the 'Deckard was a replicant' storyline, even though that's the better version IMO.

Wonder if SYd Mead will be involved?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My interest level in a new Blade Runner movie involving Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford is low.

I hope they get a writer that will give Scott an airtight script that he can't fuck with. Scott has shown us that when revisiting his speculative stuff, the details of the story aren't as important as getting the look of the world right. It was a very sloppy, arrogant movie that sacrificed narrative for big ideas.

I don't understand why we need to see Harrison Ford in a Blade Runner sequel. What's the point? His story's told. And since he's going to show his age, it's unlikely that they'll go with the 'Deckard was a replicant' storyline, even though that's the better version IMO.

Wonder if SYd Mead will be involved?

My thoughts exactly. Deckard's story is told - what else is there to say? Why exactly is this moving happening? This will end up a disappointment.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I think that the world is vivid enough and populated with enough things that if they wanted to ask some more questions about the essence of humanity as seen through the eyes of a machine, they could do it.

What about a movie purely from a fugitive replicant's POV? Or a group of fugitives? What about a movie that shows more than just the xenophobic metropolis we witnessed in the first movie? What about a film that explores what replicants are used for in other parts of the world? The universe? The injustices they suffer and face because they're machines? What about larger sized independently thinking machines that are used for things like mining operations? Intelligent military drones that have been developed using the neural processors of replicant technology? What about replicants using cyberspace to escape persecution, moving their consciousnesses into new bodies through virtual functions in order to, effectively, live forever? Replicants building replicants, an allegory for parenthood?

Granted, this subject matter would have to be handled in a certain way to not seem like pandering or proselytizing. That's why they need a writer that will give Scott something he can't fuck up.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Makes you feel right at home, doesn't it?

"north korea was pretty tight y'all"

faggot.

get back to making shitty youtube vids no one cares to watch, gotta get that youtube money brah

I think that the world is vivid enough and populated with enough things that if they wanted to ask some more questions about the essence of humanity as seen through the eyes of a machine, they could do it.

What about a movie purely from a fugitive replicant's POV? Or a group of fugitives? What about a movie that shows more than just the xenophobic metropolis we witnessed in the first movie? What about a film that explores what replicants are used for in other parts of the world? The universe? The injustices they suffer and face because they're machines? What about larger sized independently thinking machines that are used for things like mining operations? Intelligent military drones that have been developed using the neural processors of replicant technology? What about replicants using cyberspace to escape persecution, moving their consciousnesses into new bodies through virtual functions in order to, effectively, live forever? Replicants building replicants, an allegory for parenthood?

Granted, this subject matter would have to be handled in a certain way to not seem like pandering or proselytizing. That's why they need a writer that will give Scott something he can't fuck up.

did you ever watch the old showtime series Total Recall 2070? even though it was called Total Recall, it was related closer to Blade Runner, iirc.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
get back to making shitty youtube vids no one cares to watch, gotta get that youtube money brah

Make more shitty posts about your boring life in the chinese slum you live in that nobody gives a shit about.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I anticipate this to be a combination of Prometheus and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Can't wait. :thevt:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Make more shitty posts about your boring life in the chinese slum you live in that nobody gives a shit about.

except i don't, you slack-jawed inbred

I guess it's good to know you're jealous of me since it's all you ever talk about

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It depends how good the story is. Philip K. Dick only wrote the first book in the series of four, and that was used for the first movie. So I don't know what they're basing the script on.

I don't believe the plan was ever for it to be a series. The Phillip K. Dick story was a novella called 'Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?'. The 'series' stuff was just an attempt to cash in on the cult status of the movie.

It's unlikely Scott will draw anything from the subsequent novels.

'sage:

I never saw that series. I'll have to look into it.

Honestly, I'd much rather see James Cameron adapt Bubblegum Crisis into live action. To me, Bubblegum Crisis (with some tweaks) is the logical evolution that Blade Runner's world would go through. Artificial humans weaponizing themselves and that same technology being used for a variety of functions in society.

That AD Police episode where that cyborg used his tongue because it was the only sensory organ he still possessed was an awesome story.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I'm a bit disappointed to hear they are making a sequel as there is no way that it will live up to the original. As was said before, the story has already been told. That said, Blade Runner is my favorite movie of all time so I'm sure I'll end up watching this POS hoping they will do it justice.....

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
If this sucks I may give up on new movies forever.

Be prepared to give up on all new movies. At best this movie might be a watchable, descent movie.....More than likely an over-hyped special effects train wreck. Oh but Harrison Ford is in it, what was the last good movie he was in?

To be honest, I hope I'm wrong and this is Ridley Scott's next masterpiece. But let's be realistic.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Oh but Harrison Ford is in it, what was the last good movie he was in?

The last movie I enjoyed him in was Air Force One in 1997. The last really good film he made was The Fugitive in 1993. I'm not holding out hope for this one either.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I'm a bit disappointed to hear they are making a sequel as there is no way that it will live up to the original. As was said before, the story has already been told. That said, Blade Runner is my favorite movie of all time so I'm sure I'll end up watching this POS hoping they will do it justice.....
I doesn't matter that the story has been told. With movies, it's always possible (but not that likely) to do a new story that's good.
What I liked about Blade Runner was that they kept Deckard's status as a replicant ambigious. But then the director ruined that aspect of it by releasing a new version of the movie, with a scene that implied he was a replicant.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Personally, I immediately have negative feelings when a remake is made… especially if I loved the original film such as Blade Runner. That's not to say the remake will suck, but usually they do. At least it seems that way.

Unfortunately we live in an era where movie remakes are now the norm whereas 25+ years ago the movies coming out were defining the era. I think that is the key difference. It’s like the creative juices and originality of Hollywood hit a collective low at some point and started capitalizing on movie franchises of yesteryear with a marketable name/brand.

Remakes that bummed me out (in no particular order):

Psycho
The Karate Kid
Nightmare on Elm Street
Total Recall
Robocop
Conan the Barbarian
Old Boy (not a remake of a “classic” but still, meh)
Planet of the Apes
The Longest Yard

That’s all that I can think of for now… sigh.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Personally, I immediately have negative feelings when a remake is made… especially if I loved the original film such as Blade Runner. That's not to say the remake will suck, but usually they do. At least it seems that way.

Unfortunately we live in an era where movie remakes are now the norm whereas 25+ years ago the movies coming out were defining the era. I think that is the key difference. It’s like the creative juices and originality of Hollywood hit a collective low at some point and started capitalizing on movie franchises of yesteryear with a marketable name/brand.

Remakes that bummed me out (in no particular order):

Psycho
The Karate Kid
Nightmare on Elm Street
Total Recall
Robocop
Conan the Barbarian
Old Boy (not a remake of a “classic” but still, meh)
Planet of the Apes
The Longest Yard

That’s all that I can think of for now… sigh.
The best year for movies was 1984.