SNK Playmore Files New Maximum Impact Trademark in Japan

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
OH GOD, maximum impact is so shitty its like playing a retarded version of dead or alive. i hope this doesnt happen.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
On the plus side, Falcoon is gone so no more shitty character designs.

But on the downside, SNKP is mostly made up of faggots who have no idea what they're doing....so many of those characters that already exist might make a return. =/

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Shit as long as this doesn't conflict with KOF XIV i'm all for it.

I hated the MI series up until MIRA. MIRA was actually pretty fun and had me really looking forward to what improvements MI3 would have. That game was of course, cancelled so we never got to see what could have been. For me, all they need to do is fix the stupid OTG, Wall and Ground bounce systems and get rid of dial a combos. Chain combos could work but dial a combos need to go.

Bring it closer to traditional KoF or at least Fatal Fury.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Well, damn. :(

All this time I was hoping for a KOF14, sadly without 2D art, but still.
But this....a full-fledged MI? Damn....that sucks.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Please god not another Maximum Impact.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah I wish they wouldn't waste those wonderful art assets but one way or the other KoF XIV is going 3D. I don't think a new MI has any affect on that.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I have mixed feelings about this... I wish it was kof 14 instead of mi3. But I am glad SNK is doing something other than rerelease stuff. I'm curious of what the future holds of this game.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Anything that's not pachislot or mobile games. Yeah the bar is set pretty low...

Last edited:

ritsuka666

n00b
Glad SNK is giving another chance for Maximum Impact. This serie have so much potential. Lol@ a negativity here... urgh.... /=

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Fwiw, I rather like MIRA. If a new game were to be something like that, it could probably be fairly fun. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Lets hope it's happening. Although I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. But every other time SNK registered a trade mark (kof, rof) it for a new game. So I guess we could be seeing last blade in 3d?

No. Look forward to Last Blade mahjong or pachislot

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Maximum Impact is good news to me because it's more likely now the main series may remain 2D. I don't mind the wait as long as it happens eventually and turns out as good as KOF13.

The other titles mentioned are almost certainly mobile games.

And to whoever mentioned Dead or Alive, DoA5 is great.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Trademarks can be renewed without any actual game development happening. Sometimes companies do it just so they can legally squat on them.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
maybe I'm slow but what makes you guys think this is not simply for another MI pachislot?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
maybe I'm slow but what makes you guys think this is not simply for another MI pachislot?

SNK has posted job listings for a new kof which has been said it is going to be in 3d. Since the new kof is going to be 3d, this MI trademark will most likely be for the new kof.

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
Did the last Maximum Impact actually do well enough to encourage a sequel then? It seems to have been universally panned while the last 2d KOF game was actually pretty decent I thought. I must admit I only gave maximum impact a few hours of my time but I did not think too much of it.

It's a sad world where a mediocre 3d fighter makes more money than a really good 2d one. Must be just me but I really prefer the precision of a 2d fighter over a 3d one.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Maximum Impact pachislot with 3D rendered cutscenes on a lcd screen. Cant wait.

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
After the success of XIII I really don't think they'd be stupid enough to make a fully 3d fighter instead of KOF XIV, especially since the fighting game community's level of giving a shit about 3d fighters is right now at an all time low.

It's probably trademark camping. I do think the next KOF is going to be 2.5d likr SVIV and the new Guilty Gear, however.

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
I hope you are right. That would be much more preferable than a 3d fighter for me.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I wouldn't hate a new MI, but I admit I played with the blinders on because it gave me an opportunity to play the characters in a different setting with a different engine. I knew, playing it, that it was a mess but I just looked past it for the fan service and easter egg aspects more than anything.

Honestly, though, why does anybody expect anything out of SNK-Playmore anymore?