should snk remake games

djexotic

n00b
i was wondering from ya if you would like to see snk remake some of the old arcade/home ports games being remade with newer graphys and gameplay since nowadays everything is getting a new start. here my list they should remade:

p.o.w.
the ikari warriors
metal slug
kings of monsters

what are ya games you wanna see get remake

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
i was wondering from ya if you would like to see snk remake some of the old arcade/home ports games being remade with newer graphys and gameplay since nowadays everything is getting a new start. here my list they should remade:

p.o.w.
the ikari warriors
metal slug
kings of monsters

Why are you grouping pre-neo geo SNK with Neo-Geo games? Even methguy would discern between the two.

One thing I do love about nowadays is that everything is getting a new start! However, I don't believe the graphys are the problem with some of the games you've mentioned.

Last edited:

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
A neogeo style take on Guerrilla War would be great... odd they never did it to be honest... But same could be said for Ikari Warriors...

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I do not think that they can do too much with the Metal Slug series. Does anyone remember that PS2 Japanese third person version? That was a dreadful game just like when they did that with the PS1 version of Contra. And then to have Metal Slug with cell shaded graphics would just not work out. Does anyone else have any suggestions which would reboot Metal Slug? That series definitely needs a new direction because every Metal Slug seems to just recycle the enemies with new backgrounds and that is getting old.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
SNK should put out new hardware that will run mvs carts on my LCD tv. Then I would be happy!

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I would like to see a snk arcade classics volume 2 tho! bit the fact that the company ng dev team are putting out new games is good enough. I would like to pick up some of those games.

wish they would release 2nd prints tho ;/

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member

Yeah man I wanna see a new Legend of Success Joe game. Maybe SNK could get the rights to use EA's Fight Night engine and make a kick ass game.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I don't want remakes, but maybe new games based on the old IP's would be cool. They just need to presever the gameplay. Don't turn Ikari Warriors into an FPS.

Actually, what I'd REALLY like to see is newer games based on old IP's running on Neo-Geo hardware, or at least make it LOOK like it's running on NG hardware. Scanlines and all. That'd be pretty cool.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
We have had enough collections, re-releases, re-makes, and mobile garbage. We need a brand new game.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
personally i hate remakes so i vote no. wish they would just make some new games like a new fatal fury

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
A neogeo style take on Guerrilla War would be great... odd they never did it to be honest... But same could be said for Ikari Warriors...

They're sort of like Shock Troopers.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
I think new games would be a much better idea than remakes. New Real Bout or new Samurai Showdown that isn't anything like SS VI would be nice.

SNK1st

n00b
they need to make a brand new games specially fighting games, or add a new characters in KOF series, making more samurai shodown is just more shit, the only playable are " samurai shodown 2 & 4 "

they need to focus on Fatal fury & KOF.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
I want a new Metal Slug, but I think they need to take the series in a completely different direction to keep it interesting.