should snk remake games

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Here's a couple that occurred to me: sequels to magician lord and crystalis. So much could be done with those ips.

djexotic

n00b
the reason i ask is because i seen a bit of the new kof game (video/pictures) they are working on with a rumor of them using the unreal engine like guilty gear is doing. so i was guessing that if they made a remake or a new game out their library like metal slug or mutant nation with new animation and 3d background. not saying putting out a game with a new fresh coat of paint over it if you get what i mean.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Make 3D Classics versions of Metal Slug titles for the 3DS. I'll take those in a heartbeat.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Totally. I love those. Kid Icarus is amazing.

Btw--the 3ds port of steel empire is really good...

Oddly enough, Sega seems to be the only ones making em anymore. But then again Nintendo outsourced them to smaller devs anyway. Still though, out of all the games they said they'd release, only a handful came out. I like the Sega ones better though because they actually add features rather than almost a straight port.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Oddly enough, Sega seems to be the only ones making em anymore. But then again Nintendo outsourced them to smaller devs anyway. Still though, out of all the games they said they'd release, only a handful came out. I like the Sega ones better though because they actually add features rather than almost a straight port.

Some of the ones they did release raised my eyebrows a bit. Urban champion. Ooookay.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Some of the ones they did release raised my eyebrows a bit. Urban champion. Ooookay.

I feel like Super Mario Bros 3 would've been perfect for a 3D classics release... Oh well. Anyway, SNKP wouldn't have to do much to port the Metal Slug games over. It's basically the same assets with a touch of 3D.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
3 Count Bout. It'd be kind of hard to produce something worse than the original.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Which is the best kof?

Which is the best ss?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Why go through all the trouble and effort to remake a game, when there are no shortage of people who will pay 5-10 bucks a pop for unaltered emulation digital download? And lets face it, even if the did go through the expense of remaking one, most people are just going to say "meh, not paying more than five bucks" anyway.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
As soon as I read the question I had a thought of P.O.W. looking like that bad Final Fight xbox 180 remake or the Double Dragon II remake of recent. I died a little at the thought of that.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Yeah, man. I wanna see a new Legend of Success Joe game. Maybe SNK could get the rights to use EA's Fight Night engine and make a kick-ass game.

I'm guessing that you're being sarcastic. But, at the same time, that actually doesn't sound half bad. Granted, it hasn't got a snowball's chance in Hell of happening; but, it still doesn't sound half bad. :)

spoonz

Quiz Detective
I honestly wouldn't mind some remakes but that would all depend on the graphical style being used.

Sengoku, Aero Fighters and Rage of the Dragons with updated graphics please.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sengoku, Aero Fighters and Rage of the Dragons with updated graphics please.

Yeah man, those 1991 graphics suck..umm..yeah those 1994 graphics suck…ermm..those 2002 graphics suck.

Not to mention only 1 of the 3 is SNK, silly.

DeusVult

Another Striker
i dont think they should remake any of there titles, maybe some new ones altogether would be good, probably be released via steam/microsoft and sony marketplaces etc....

would be nice if they could finish and release the ones that where almost ready but never made it to release.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Pre-Neo.

New Guerrilla War with Twin Stick action. Make it with all the rotary characters available and add more shit, more buttons, more weapons, more missions, harder, bring back the glory days of rotary into twin sticks. They have done Geometry wars and then a gazillion clones followed, none of them had even gotten close to awesome except for Omega V and that's not really a top down shooter, more like hori but so awesome, like forgotten worlds for the Capcom Calssics Col. Excellent use of twin sticks there. Guwange Arrange mode is close, very close but we need better, Mamorukun got close too, but we need better, I dunno, I'm not a programmer, just a gamer, but I want it done damn it!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
New Guerrilla War with Twin Stick action. Make it with all the rotary characters available and add more shit, more buttons, more weapons, more missions, harder, bring back the glory days of rotary into twin sticks. They have done Geometry wars and then a gazillion clones followed, none of them had even gotten close to awesome except for Omega V and that's not really a top down shooter, more like hori but so awesome, like forgotten worlds for the Capcom Calssics Col. Excellent use of twin sticks there. Guwange Arrange mode is close, very close but we need better, Mamorukun got close too, but we need better, I dunno, I'm not a programmer, just a gamer, but I want it done damn it!
:scratch: I don't fully get it, but it sounds awesome. You should write a book also.

enix2093

Crazed MVS Addict
If it means making KoF 2000 look like the most recent KoF games, then hells no. There's a certain beauty to SNK's pixel graphics look, before they converted to the KoF12 stupid (IMO) anime look. They definitely need to stay away from the new fighting rage of having the 2.5D look (SF4, MK9, KI3).

It would be nice for them to scale their shit up to HD quality and re-release like a collection for new systems though. Like a KoF Anthology that had everything up to Neowave or whatever in a nice HD presentation, untouched aside from scaling.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If it means making KoF 2000 look like the most recent KoF games, then hells no. There's a certain beauty to SNK's pixel graphics look, before they converted to the KoF12 stupid (IMO) anime look. They definitely need to stay away from the new fighting rage of having the 2.5D look (SF4, MK9, KI3).

It would be nice for them to scale their shit up to HD quality and re-release like a collection for new systems though. Like a KoF Anthology that had everything up to Neowave or whatever in a nice HD presentation, untouched aside from scaling.

WOW, I disagree completely. I thought the KOFXII sprite were glorious on their own right. I can agree with the style on some characters like Athena and so on but damn, that game should have been Fatal Fury vs AOF with Geese as the boss with both outfits. Those sprites are so insane. KOFXIII butchered them in favor of "tighter" gameplay.

The last KOFs 99 and on had a share of silly sprites, so they were heading this way already from a while. Some people just got them pink glasses going on...