Faselei! JP playable?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Was looking into getting a NGPC since I have the itch and want one now. Specifically, this one since its a low price for the system from what I've seen.

My question is the Faselei cart it comes with. I'm sure its the JP version, which wouldn't be an issue if it was a platformer or fighter. Since its an SRPG, however, how much Japanese do I need to know to enjoy the game. I know none whatsoever, so on a scale of 0-5 with 0 being unplayable and 5 being minimal needed, is the cart worth keeping or should I just sell it off and hope for a lucky cheap EU loose or US loose copy?

Thanks in advance guys!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i don't think i have heard 'cheap' and 'faselei' in the same sentence for a minute now.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
You're better off with an english copy. Since the story is a big point in this game, you would be quite disappointed to not understand anything. On top all the menus and weapons descriptions are in Japanese too which ends you up with trial-and-error with no good outcome to the game (since a good mech upgrade is essential to win the missions). Sorry to disappoint you there, but look for a loose english copy. I don't know what they are going these days. Perhaps $50?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
You're better off with an english copy. Since the story is a big point in this game, you would be quite disappointed to not understand anything. On top all the menus and weapons descriptions are in Japanese too which ends you up with trial-and-error with no good outcome to the game (since a good mech upgrade is essential to win the missions). Sorry to disappoint you there, but look for a loose english copy. I don't know what they are going these days. Perhaps $50?

Thanks for the answer. Not terribly disappointed but would have been nice. If I do win the auction I may just sell the cart OE trade it since I have no use for it and it would come w the system anyways.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'll second that English Faselei! is essential if you don't know Japanese. Story is half the game.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I agree, one of the best game of the NGPC
you could found the US version in loose if you don't pay the good price for the complet game

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Yeah. Pretty glad I only paid a penny for mine (jp version). One of those "You never really expect to win things at minimum bid" moments, plus I was getting other stuff from the same buyer so it didn't even cost me the 2 bucks for shipping.

Just got Last Blade US for NGPC recently... need to eventually pick up Faselei US too.

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
No, I would avoid it unless you have some understanding of the language. You can blunder your way through the menus but this is a great game and there is no point only getting 20% of the experience.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The english loose copies should be cheap. The BIN onebay are dumb. Complete copies, expensive. Loose, there are plenty.