Another new member here to say hi!

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hello all,

I recently signed up after lurking for quite sometime. Over the past 2-3 years I have slowly started to get more into retro games, mainly as I have become more disenfranchised with modern games, DLC, digital content, lack of complete physical games/ownership etc. Games from my youth were so much fun and replaying SNES and Dreamcast games recently was a great way to re-kindle my joy of gaming.

I played Neo back in the arcades in the 90s, saw AES and CD systems in stores but was never able to own one. I started playing Neo Games a few year back on other systems and real fancied the real deal so I have just ordered an Omega CMVS and have been scanning ebay and the likes for carts to get me started. I just can't decide whether to try and stick to English labels or get the Japanese ones as they do tend to be cheaper and are the exact same game inside. I do know I want intact serials, clean and preferably with the yellow warning label as lose carts with a neominibox.

I live in the UK and sourcing MVS carts domestically is limited and importing from the US is pretty expensive. I have been looking on AiExpress for a 120-In-1 to get me started and then I can pick up genuine carts of my faves.

Well thats my introduction

Larrs888

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Welcome bud. Make sure you read the market rules.

If not, it was nice knowing ya :D

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Welcome bud. Make sure you read the market rules.

If not, it was nice knowing ya :D

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yeah I have read through the market rules, no worries there for me. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some of the games I want soon. My Omega should arrive in the next 2-3 weeks so I have some time to get a stick and a cart or two.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Welcome tot the forums! I wouldn't just stick to English labels if i were you. Otherwise you might miss some really good deals out there.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Welcome tot the forums! I wouldn't just stick to English labels if i were you. Otherwise you might miss some really good deals out there.

Thanks, yeah I think thats the way to play it for sure. I have Jap games for my other systems so why the hell not for the MVS! I am actually going to Osaka, Japan in October/November so I'll be doing some research prior to departure to see where a good place to pick up carts is. If anyone knows of any good retro stores selling MVS in Osaka it would be great to hear from you.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I believe the Omega has a Unibios so really it does not matter what region of game you get. As long as the Bios is set to US or Europe everything will be in English. I tend to use the Euro setting on my Big Red. You get the blood and stuff of the JP version but Everything is in English.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Thanks, yeah I think thats the way to play it for sure. I have Jap games for my other systems so why the hell not for the MVS! I am actually going to Osaka, Japan in October/November so I'll be doing some research prior to departure to see where a good place to pick up carts is. If anyone knows of any good retro stores selling MVS in Osaka it would be great to hear from you.

welcome man.

prices on mvs don't really change to much depending on what language the label is written. For AES, yeah that's true, but not really MVS. As far as sticking to one region of labels, I try to collect jp only label MVS. There's a couple reasons for it, First, I play everything in jp region anyway, and second, it keeps me from buying carts left and right, and only going after something I want.

About Neo stuff in Japan, don't expect to find MVS in your average used retro game stores over there. You will find AES, and Neo CD, but you have to remember, MVS is an ARCADE format, and you will only be able to find them for sale in stores that sell PCBs like MAK and G-Front. As far as Osaka, I don't know if there are stores there that sell pcbs. Let me know if you catch a tigers game over there :)

Last edited:

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
welcome man.

prices on mvs don't really change to much depending on what language the label is written. For AES, yeah that's true, but not really MVS. As far as sticking to one region of labels, I try to collect jp only label MVS. There's a couple reasons for it, First, I play everything in jp region anyway, and second, it keeps me from buying carts left and right, and only going after something I want.

About Neo stuff in Japan, don't expect to find MVS in your average used retro game stores over there. You will find AES, and Neo CD, but you have to remember, MVS is an ARCADE format, and you will only be able to find them for sale in stores that sell PCBs like MAK and G-Front. As far as Osaka, I don't know if there are stores there that sell pcbs. Let me know if you catch a tigers game over there :)

Thanks for the tips :) Yeah I was just thinking that about MVS carts in the wild, probably not. If I do stumble across anything I'll be sure to let you all know. I have just ordered the 120-in-1 so I'll have something to play when my Omega arrives but don't worry I hate boots and will hunt after originals as soon as the now severely depleted wallet allows!

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Welcome! The Omega is a great machine. Keep an eye out for dirt cheap MVS carts that look ragged. Usually you can clean em off (really easy to open too) and you can store em in Windy sleeves or Shockboxes if you want em pretty on the shelf.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I have just ordered the 120-in-1 so I'll have something to play when my Omega arrives but don't worry I hate boots and will hunt after originals as soon as the now severely depleted wallet allows!

easy there brother :lolz:, yeah bootlegs are generally forwned upon here, but like at least 90% us here own a multicart of some sort, so don't worry we aren't gonna jump down your throat for it.

I think a multicart can be good for helping you figure out what you want to collect. You can try to find the games that aren't on the cart, and you can test out others to see if they are worth it to you. I'm not exactly proud of mine, but it's convenient. ;)

and again welcome aboard :)

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, is nice to finally be a member here and I look forward to chipping in where I can :)

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
welcome my fellow neo-ite!

Kiss the money in your wallet goodbye. This will be the last time you will see it,