msnap1.jpg

I raise u:
post-5399-0-46401600-1336319131.jpg

What other console has a wood finish!

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Me too.

I have a transparent non-seaman official shell JPN Dreamcast, and I admit it's the only reason I still have a DC.

I'm a sucker.

:lolz: Sorry, I have the humor level of a 12 yr old. non-seaman hit my funny bone.

Actually, not sure if I've seen this one. So is it essentially the non-colored semi transparent one but without the Seaman logo on it? Pics pls, I may "need" this. :(

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
:lolz: Sorry, I have the humor level of a 12 yr old. non-seaman hit my funny bone.

Actually, not sure if I've seen this one. So is it essentially the non-colored semi transparent one but without the Seaman logo on it? Pics pls, I may "need" this. :(

It's in "storage".

Yes, it's non-colored semi transparent. I've yet to find out the exact history of this variant. I can't find many pictures of it online either (I found one), but this is how it looks at the lower lefthand corner. It has the SEGA and the windows CE logos on the front, so I would imagine this rules out the possibility of it being a generic replacement shell, but who knows.

dccollectie januari 2.jpg

Last edited:

DeusVult

Another Striker
3DO Panasonic FZ-1, always thought it was one of the smarter looking consoles designs, of the cd ones anyway.

cartridge based consoles I would say n64 or jaguar are cool looking also.

but overall I think the FZ-1 is the coolest console out there

zxtec

Cheng's Errand Boy
Every time this topic comes up, this always wins. #nocontest
Sega-Saturn-JP-Mk2-Console-Set.jpg

Really clean and cool looking for sure. Definitely my favorite Saturn color.

Unfortunately, like most white consoles, they look terrible when they sometimes turn yellow...

pvrTHlS.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For me it's the Super Grafx. Thought that shit was made of metal when I was a kid when I saw it in an import gaming shop.

aliencmvs.jpg

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
NES With the R.O.B. of course.
Nintendo-NES-M9-Display-RARE-Deluxe-ROB-1.jpg

FIST_FUCKER....DO WANT THAT DISPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Either way...best looking console? PC ENGINE Duo R...sexy lines, white, clean...love that damn thing (and the one in the pic was mine)

Duo-R.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
FIST_FUCKER....DO WANT THAT DISPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Either way...best looking console? PC ENGINE Duo R...sexy lines, white, clean...love that damn thing (and the one in the pic was mine)

Duo-R.jpg

ooh, nice. Is the stock LED blue? For me, it just needs a touch of black here and there and it would pop even more.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Yes I like that one too, too bad it was Europe only as far as I know.

I think it was a UK release at least, not sure about the rest of the EU. I lucked out with mine. Some dude was selling the shell, clear controllers and the box on eBay over 10 years ago. I scooped for about 35bux and just swapped out the standard black shell on mine. So I kinda cheated. ;)

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I'm drawn to all of the combo systems: Twin Famicom, Wondermega 1, DUO/R/RX, Multi-Mega/CDX, Q.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
It's in "storage".

Yes, it's non-colored semi transparent. I've yet to find out the exact history of this variant. I can't find many pictures of it online either (I found one), but this is how it looks at the lower lefthand corner. It has the SEGA and the windows CE logos on the front, so I would imagine this rules out the possibility of it being a generic replacement shell, but who knows.

View attachment 17988

It's an first-party replacement shell. There were a handful of other colors as well. But yeah, the DC, Sega, and Windows CE logos mean it's not a generic replacement.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Every time this topic comes up, this always wins. #nocontest
Sega-Saturn-JP-Mk2-Console-Set.jpg

Something about that console really pops in a way no other white console has ever been able to. I was lucky enough to find one NOS in 2001 so no yellowing for me.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Saw a box of yellowed SNES's at the thrift store yesterday (and a $40 boxed Rayman for Jaguar), and remembered that was what had happened to my own back in the day. Was always curious as to WHY that happened.

Anyway, the SuperGrafx is just too bad a ramma jamma to be denied.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Saw a box of yellowed SNES's at the thrift store yesterday (and a $40 boxed Rayman for Jaguar), and remembered that was what had happened to my own back in the day. Was always curious as to WHY that happened.
It's something to do with one of chemicals in the plastic.