Who has preordered Smash for 3DS?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11692/p/430

Nintendo put up the update for the game that you'll have to download if you want to play it online. It adds in some bug fixes that had just been put into the Japanese version. That way you can download the update now so the game will automatically boot up whenever you're ready to play.

I think most of my day will be picking Sonic, running off the side and killing myself until I unlock all of the characters. It sucks because I really want to play as the Duck Hunt Dog and it's 110 Smash matches you have to do until it's unlocked. The page on GameFAQ's had two options to unlock certain characters but it looked like they went back on a couple of them so you can only unlock them by doing the stupid smash matches.

Also, I'm going to leave my code below if you want to play. PM me with your code so I can add you.

3668-8514-9846

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I really wish they would just do away with the stupid hoops you have to jump through to unlock characters.

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
I also have both on preorder, i just hope the 3ds version controls are decent though.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I downloaded the digital version last night. Maybe I'll play some of it this weekend? If I can pull myself away from Destiny or Warframe...or Tomb Raider. Probably not... :)

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
just picked my copy up, wish I was playing the Wii U version right now with an actual controller but this will do for now.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Put about ten hours on it since I bought it after work yesterday.

Pac-Man and Little Mac are really fun to play

Sonic and Captain Falcon (my main since Smash 64) are both much improved over their Brawl iterations

Took me less than an hour to unlock all the characters. Just repeatedly played one stock versus matches until I got them all.

Having Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man in the same game still blows my mind.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Duck Hunt's hard to get used too but he's a lot of fun. Sucks it takes so long to unlock him, as well as everything. My first day was spent with trying all of the characters in one stock battles to see how they worked while unlocking everything. It doesn't help that to get all of the stages you need to do the first pages of challenges, but since it's Mr. Game and Watch's stage I doubt people will care.

I REALLY like Pac-Man. He's super floaty and all of his moves are Namco related. I still don't know many of the games he references with his taunts. I like being able to spike people with his Pac-Land fire hydrant and have the water shove them off the stage. I also like how the bigger characters got buffs. In Brawl quicker characters could beat you up quicker, but they have had a damage decrease. Mac can still fuck you up, it's just his stage recovery is shit.

I just find it weird with the clones. I don't know why they have them taking up three spots on the roster. It's fun to have them because they do play differently but I don't know why they didn't have it like when you play as Alph. If you go through Olimar's costumes you can play as Alph and he plays differently then Olimar does. So how come Alph is under Olimar then another spot on the character selection? They could have done that with the other characters, have Mario but cycle through the costumes and you get the Doc. Thank god they brought him back, I've hated Mario since they gave him the Fludd in Brawl.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Good game but I can't stand the controls and the screen on the 3DS. Waiting for the real version.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm really happy they gave Fire Emblem so much love, 4 characters ! But i wish they could of made them more diverse, only Robin is really different being a Mage. Why not have a big heavy slow but powerful knight or axe wielder. Or a really fast but light Assassin or Mymordian, or Lynn! I guess we will see when the DLC comes out, I really feel like they missed a big oppoprtunity here

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
I just received an update from BestBuy about the amiibo figurines I pre-ordered. They date has changed to 11/21, I'm guessing that's the release date for the wiiU version.
Edit: Nintendo has confirmed the 11/21 release date.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Meta Knight is still pretty boss. I hope they release amiibos for every character.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I don't really have any other reason to own a 3DS but I think I'm going to cave and get it.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Really enjoying the game so far. If anyone wants to go a few rounds send me your 3DS friend code.

I impulse-bought the special edition 3DS XL plus the game. About 10 hours in and almost have everything unlocked (not cheating either with these 1-man stock matches). Solid iteration of the game - just have to keep the 3D off.

Rocking the shit out of Jigglypuff since the N64 days. Was a boss character then and is still a boss character now. So powerful and unexpected to those online kids who don't know the true puff-power!

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I've maybe put in seven hours or so. While I am definitely enjoying the game, I am not too fond of it on a handheld. Guess that makes me even more hyped for the Wii U version though.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I only bought this game because I had a $15 Toys R Us giftcard, thinking I'd only casually get into it. As time has gone by, I find I really enjoy this game. Having trouble beating Duck Hunt right now. I find I have to play it in small spurts to get the most out of it.

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
Finished all my other 3DS games so I got this. This is the first Smash game I own, and man, 2D fighter skills do not really translate well to this game.

I like pretending Palutena has an Aegis Reflector or Little Mac has a Galactica Phantom though.

Magician

20 Year Member
Since content for Destiny and Warframe has run dry I believe I'll finally sit down and play this over the weekend.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Since content for Destiny and Warframe has run dry I believe I'll finally sit down and play this over the weekend.

Enjoy. It's a fun game with a ton of content. Online play is laggy as a heads-up.

Magician

20 Year Member
So I played quite a bit today. I unlocked a few of the hidden characters and completed 30 of the 35 challenges. The game's a blast but Shroom's right, the screen is too small for all the action that's going on. But the size of the roster and the number of stages to play...just wow. I really appreciate how awesome and unique each stage looks and feels.

Pat505

War Room Troll
I also found the screen too small in this game with 4v4. I do have to say though just playing 1v1 I don't have that problem anymore at all. Never really been a Smash bros player but this game is extremely fun and I also find the online very good although once again I've only been playing 1v1 winning about .00005% of my matches.