Is it OK to replace the shell on MVS 111 in 1 cart?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
So, I have an 111 in one cart. The label is shit, and the ugly, cheap-feeling, pus-yellow cart is shit.

To make a long story short, I have a Kof 99 that doesn't work. It'll probably cost me more to fix than to buy a new one. So I plan to replace the shitty, default multi-cart shell with the pretty KOF 99' one.

I guess I can discard the boards or give them away (if any body wants them).

Is there any reason I couldn't do this? I've never took apart one of these multicarts, so I don't know if opening it up will destroy anything (mounts, wires etc)... should the boards be mounted differently. Basically I want to ensure I wont break anything when I open it up.

Anything that would prevent me putting the muli-cart boards in an official mvs case?

Anybody even done this?

Thanks for the help.

PS: Will a mod please move this to tech-support?

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
It will fit fine. You wont have any problems. Be careful though when removing the multicart pcb's as they are sometimes connected via wires.

Also, If you want to get rid of the KOF99, I could use it for some practice work.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yeah, it's okay. Change the innards as well while you're at it. A trashcan is a good place to get rid of that crap.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
Maybe I would trash it, if it wasn't my only way of playing titles like KOF '03, NiTD, PI2 and SSVS.

Those are all games I enjoy playing once in awhile, but can't bring myself to buy them at the price people sell them at.

Damn didn't know there was so much hate for multi-cart. Take it easy on us peasants who don't have enough dough to buy over-priced titles.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I also don't have KoF03 or SSVS because I can't afford them but I'd rather cut my fingers off than buying one of those fake-ass POS carts.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Maybe I would trash it, if it wasn't my only way of playing titles like KOF '03, NiTD, PI2 and SSVS.

Those are all games I enjoy playing once in awhile, but can't bring myself to buy them at the price people sell them at.

Damn didn't know there was so much hate for multi-cart. Take it easy on us peasants who don't have enough dough to buy over-priced titles.

That seems like a huge overreaction to the joke-like post Tak made.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
I was being mildly pretentious.

Or you can just think of me as a retard.

Either works.

Last edited:

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
Since when has lacking money been part of pretentious?

Pretentious in respect to my 'reaction'.

Stop acting like you give a fuck. Just in case you do:

FITE+ME+FGT_f86659_4639535.jpg

PS: The official MVS case worked fine for the shitty multi-cart boards.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm not being 100% serious here. I love you guys. :D

Besides, a guy with a location like 2D_Master can't be that bad! :)

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
yes this is what i did with my 161 and played it that way for a long time. It was annoying to stare at this banana yellow as i played on a converter