World Heros 2 Jet - Whom to practice on?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Ok so I did the arcade challenge on some "non-Ryu-style" chars and I especially liked Scorpion from Martial Masters.

I'm playing against a friend all the time and I just need to pick another char to get good with. Don't want to play a chick and it should be "non-Ryu-style" - also the Wrestler is out of question because my pal is a big Wrestling fan and always picks him.

Grateful for input and first insights

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I think we both know what needs to come next berry. Embrace the large hands and feet.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
edited because I mixed up names - Brocken... hmmm - isn't that another missile spammer?

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
No projectile and not a wrestler? How about Kim Dragon or Shura?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Use either Hanzou or Fuuma.

Don't listen to anybody. World Heroes can be awesome if approached properly.

But…WH2Jet has the least going for it out of all of them.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Use either Hanzou or Fuuma.

Don't listen to anybody. World Heroes can be awesome if approached properly.

But…WH2Jet has the least going for it out of all of them.
ive really been wanting to get into this series, so in your opinion which title actually has the most going for it? i know whp is the most "true fighting game" of them all, but that doesnt mean it is the best. or does it? lemme hear your thoughts.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
ive really been wanting to get into this series, so in your opinion which title actually has the most going for it? i know whp is the most "true fighting game" of them all, but that doesnt mean it is the best. or does it? lemme hear your thoughts.

Well first, OP my Hanzo and Fuuma recommendation was just a set up to say "What do you mean they're like Ryu and Ken?! WH is NOTHING like SF".

Now on a serious note, in general the WH series is not very good. Then again, I don't have my PHD in World Heroes either.

WH2Jet doesn't have much going for it because it's not the redizzy fest of WH1 (and to a lesser extent, 2). No death matches, less music. I can't say for a fact that 2Jet is less broken. But it seems that way. And in that sense, a bland game becomes blander.

WH1 is fun because of the easy redizzy combos. WH2 as well to an extent. But if you don't have the patience to get a feel for the floaty slow physics and the light tap strong hold system, they are a chore to play. If you don't get giddy over broken combos, they are boring to play.

As you've stated, WHP is the most complete game in the series. It has many modern hall marks beneath it's "I still look outdated for 1995" exterior. Guard crush normals, EX-moves, desperation moves, auto guard normals, taunt cancels, jump cancels. I've never played it at a high level (or any fighting game for that matter), so I can't say whether all of these gimmicks are relevant to the bottom line or not.

WHP is the easiest to control, has the least weird physics, and has enough to it to not make everybody barf. The World Heroes series is not good overall, and whenever I extol the series, it's half-jokingly. But, as I've said, when approached with the right mentality (preparing to work harder to accomplish basic things taken for granted it most fighting games etc.), the series can be fun.

Last edited:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Thank you for your insights - I guess from a more experienced player perspective you are absolutely correct. Funny enough we pick this up not expecting the perfect fighting game experience but a great funny cast and an easy game to get into (for n00bs that is). I would love to see deathmatches in WH2Jet - but unfortunately they got rid of those :(

Having read your info I might give WH Perfect another chance - in our experience it tried to be something it couldn't be with Perfect. The gameplay just seemed to be off with this one - the "pick it up and bash" feeling was gone :)

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
does wh2j still have the death match arenas? if not i think i may start with the original. i remember being kind of disappointed with wh2 because the death matches were not as great as i recall (if i am remembering correctly) they were in wh1.
honestly had kind of forgotten about the series entirely... now i want to grab an mvs copy of wh1.