Neo Geo is great for retro gaming and parenting

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I’ll concede, it’s probably annoying for single folks to see shit constantly about my "kid is soooo into games like me", or “parenting is soooo awesome, what’s wrong with you for being single”… etc. etc. I realize that, and can see how some of the parents feedback in this thread could've been perceived that way.

Like I said before, I personally feel that you’re not any lesser for being at either stage in life. Hell, some folks just don’t want kids at all… ever. And that’s fine. Some of those folks who choose to be single shouldn’t procreate anyway but that’s a different topic altogether. ;)

However, I realize this shit must get old with you single dudes… but hell, it’s a parenting thread, so fuggit.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Personally I think of the Beatles as revolutionary, like Elvis, like Little Richard, but I feel they are overrated at times.

People that think MS2>MSX usually can 1cc MS2 but not MSX, I can't 1cc neither and I have love for both but once I get in the depths of each of them, I'll provide a more solid opinion. For now my opinion is MSX > MS2 'cause of the slowdown. Lifeforce NES slowdown is amazing, MS2 slowdown can test my patience.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The Beatles are overrated.

2>X

Im enjoy being married, and can't wait till we have a kid.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
My wife and I have been together for 12 years (married for almost 7 of those years) and just had out first child this year. I remember about 4 years ago deciding that we were not going to have children. 2 years ago, we decided to be more open to the idea and if we had a kid, we had a kid together.

I'm excited to share my interests with him but also learn what he's into. I hope we share interests but if he isn't into retro gaming, I'm not going to force him to play. Right now he's been grabbing the SNES controller out of my hand or practicing quarter circle rotations on the joystick when I have him with me at an arcade cab.

Between feedings, playtime, diaper changes, naptime and work, I'm still able to get a fair amount of NG into my day without neglecting my son or getting frustrated with game interruption.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
despite having only hard arcade games the neo geo is probably more casual friendly system than the snes or ps2 etc. Because you can save in every level you lose and keep playing where you left off in almost every game.

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
It's great being married but having kids does make it harder. Less time together, less sleep, more stress meaning more arguements. I can see why some marriages fail when kids arrive. I've been married 5 years, got a boy turning 4 next week and a 2 year old boy too. Time is precious and it's hard to find time for games but I try what I can. I love the old style games where if you have 15 minutes you can play something. New games now take 15 minutes to install an update and go through a pile of crap before you can start.

I'll always keep my Neo and SNes for that reason and can't wait till my older boy is able to play too!

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
It's true that sometimes it's a bit difficult to play games when having kids. But as per me this is due to the fact that having a 2 years old kid that wants to play on the LCD TV as if it were a touchscreen when I'm playing makes it a bit hard to play :D

Nevertheless I agree on the fact that the NG games are more friendly than other supports like PS3-PS4 with their war games and lots of violence and kids see NeoGeo games maybe more like caricatures and so they tend to be more interested on them tahn woth other platforms