P.T. demo (PS4) anyone?

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Demo was released about a week ago. I was away for the week so I barely downloaded it this weekend.
Anyways, I just finished it.
The game is the scariest game I've ever played. The youtube reactions to the game are real. I seriously lost my shit several times.
Some of the last few puzzles were annoying. Also, no one has been able to figure out 100% how to trigger the final puzzle. I ended up doing one of the online theories, and it worked for me.
Anyone else played it?
Going to leave this guy's vid here. That is pretty close to my reaction playing the game:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So wait, I thought I might have seen a sheet at the end? I'm not sure what he freaked out about.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
LOL @ the crying dude. I need to download this :lolz:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
What a fucking pussy, totally hamming it up for the recording.

I will have to d/l the demo and check it out.

Castor Troy

What a fucking pussy, totally hamming it up for the recording.

I will have to d/l the demo and check it out.

Play it at night. The controls are simple (analogs for movement, and R3 to inspect stuff).
If you're able to record yourself playing it, please do so.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I tried looking in the demo section but didn't find it, however I was too lazy to use the search function.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Was not sure what the hell the guy was screaming/crying about. Zero context whatsoever. He was just walking down an empty hallway.

Jon

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I tried looking in the demo section but didn't find it, however I was too lazy to use the search function.

Search for PT on PS4. It will come right up.

I DLed it last night. Looking forward to giving it a try tonight.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
I thought it was pretty decent for what it is supposed to be, a teaser. Definitely some surprising moments. I enjoyed the psychological element of the hallway especially as you progress. I can see the Guillermo Del Toro influence as the girl kinda reminds me of the baddie in Mama.

Anyway, hopefully the game they make will be good.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yeah definitely reminded me of mama. The jump takes spooked the shit out of me, but the stuff that really unsettles is just the mundane shit like family photos, the telephone and the radio.

When you have an out of control imagination like mine, even the clock freaked me out because like in a bad dream, a "clock" is no longer a clock, but now it's merely a visual aid or a symbol that dark spirits use to convey some cryptic message to you....or just fuck you around.

<shivers>

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'm sorry to be a complete idiot.. but what does P.T. stand for? I tried to google info.
What's the story behind the game? A link will do.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I played it with the wife. Definitely fun, a few solid jump scares. One in particular gave me a real solid startle. But overall, not crazy crap your pants scary, but really fun to play around with for a few hours

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Watched a walkthrough of it by a person who isn't a complete buffoon. Very effective use of sound. Genuinely frightening in a way no Silent Hill game has been since... 2? Maybe? Obviously the final product will have nothing to do with the teaser but this was a fantastic and unique way to announce a new game.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Watched a walkthrough of it by a person who isn't a complete buffoon. Very effective use of sound. Genuinely frightening in a way no Silent Hill game has been since... 2? Maybe? Obviously the final product will have nothing to do with the teaser but this was a fantastic and unique way to announce a new game.

I wish the final product would have EVERYTHING to do with the teaser. Really enjoyed the play style in first person. Felt like Amnesia except more modern

Castor Troy

Yeah definitely reminded me of mama. The jump takes spooked the shit out of me, but the stuff that really unsettles is just the mundane shit like family photos, the telephone and the radio.

When you have an out of control imagination like mine, even the clock freaked me out because like in a bad dream, a "clock" is no longer a clock, but now it's merely a visual aid or a symbol that dark spirits use to convey some cryptic message to you....or just fuck you around.

<shivers>

I agree. Going to add that the narrow corridors gave a claustrophobic vibe that really made my experience uncomfortable.
After the first few stages cleared, I wanted to seriously delete this game from my HD. I'm glad I stuck through it and finished it.
---edit---
I would also like if the game was third person POV when outdoors, but first person POV when indoors.

Last edited:

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Boring, Repetitive looping, poor controls and weak game design with cryptic, yet poorly placed puzzles. Oh, and kojima is involved. Will there be 4 hr long cutscenes in the final game? If this is a sign of things to come for the next silent hill, then I am really scared shitless for the franchise...

Castor Troy

The game will be removed from the PSN Store in 4 days.
Even if you don't have a PS4 right now, you can dl the game (as long as you have a PSN account).
Link
It's a fun and scary puzzle game. It's a shame how things went down at Konami.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Even if you don't have a PS4 right now, you can dl the game (as long as you have a PSN account).
Link

Agreed- PT is the single scariest game I've ever played, and it's not close. Kojima's mastery of horror is on obvious display. Don't want to believe that there's no more Silent Hills.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So wait, is the game officially cancelled or is this all speculation?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Link

Thanks for the link. This flew under the radar for me until recently; glad I'm in under the wire to check out what I'm sure will scare the bejeezus out of me.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
So wait, is the game officially cancelled or is this all speculation?

Cancelled. Too bad too. Here are the details:

http://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hills-isn-t-going-to-happen-291005.phtml

Director del Toro says Silent Hills isn't going to happen
10:30 AM ON 04.26.2015

It breaks his 'greasy heart'
Looks like the pending delisting of P.T. was a bad omen after all. According to a quote procured by photojournalist Matt Hackney at a recent Q&A event, famed writer-director Guillermo del Toro has confirmed that Silent Hills is "...not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart." He went on to say some unrelated things like he "actually hope to destroy some (SF buildings) in Pacific Rim 2. In this draft, we get medieval on S.F." and "If you get herpes for love, I'm with you man!"

If P.T. ends up being the only piece of the Silent Hills puzzle to survive the loss of Kojima, then that's a pretty nice note to go out on. It's hard to imagine how Konami could save face after this one. Outside of reuniting Team Silent for an all new game, just about any future Silent Hill announcement they may pull together from here will likely feel like a downgrade compared to the Kojima/Reedus/del Toro project they once promised.

Guillermo Del Toro on Silent Hills: “It’s not gonna happen”