WTF is up with Amazon delivering on Sundays?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Was expecting some trivial items and delivery said Sunday. Figured Monday, maybe Sunday with one of those gypsy services.

Literally watched a USPS van pull in front of the house and the driver proceed to eat a sandwich and talk on his phone and drive away without getting out and walking 15 feet. I seriously watched through the kitchen windows for 10 min.

A couple hours later I checked delivery status and what do you know it said "Delivered"

I really could have used those velco zip ties this afternoon.

My mind is boggled

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Speaking of the whole "delivered" thing... I have mail sent to a PO as I'm never home during the day. There's been many times I've checked status on an order and had it specify 'delivered'. I'd go to the PO only to find that it isn't in my box yet. The owner of the PO informed me that often times when drivers are picking up their packages for the day, they'll scan them off(which registers as delivered) before making the actual delivery.

I'm guessing the drivers are "expected" to make all of their deliveries each day and this probably speeds up the process?.... :spock:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
. I seriously watched through the kitchen windows for 10 min.

did it once cross your mind during those ten minutes of peering through the window shades to open your door, walk to the guy and ask if it's your package

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Was expecting some trivial items and delivery said Sunday. Figured Monday, maybe Sunday with one of those gypsy services.

Literally watched a USPS van pull in front of the house and the driver proceed to eat a sandwich and talk on his phone and drive away without getting out and walking 15 feet. I seriously watched through the kitchen windows for 10 min.

A couple hours later I checked delivery status and what do you know it said "Delivered"

I really could have used those velco zip ties this afternoon.

My mind is boggled

Amazon was experimenting with this during the holidays in the metro areas of the country with the intent of trying to make it permanent at some point in the future.

It's nothing but a good thing as delivery 7 days a week is pretty helpful.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Speaking of the whole "delivered" thing... I have mail sent to a PO as I'm never home during the day. There's been many times I've checked status on an order and had it specify 'delivered'. I'd go to the PO only to find that it isn't in my box yet. The owner of the PO informed me that often times when drivers are picking up their packages for the day, they'll scan them off(which registers as delivered) before making the actual delivery.

I'm guessing the drivers are "expected" to make all of their deliveries each day and this probably speeds up the process?.... :spock:

It happens to me on occasion as well. It's the lazy delivery driver scanning all his packages prior to putting them on his truck. He's supposed to scan them as they are delivered.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

I've complained many times to my local PO about this already............

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Sunday deliveries have been going well for me through USPS. I definitely prefer them to the "gypsy" services as they usually deliver super late on Sunday instead of in the early afternoon.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
USPS will deliver on Sundays if it is an Express package or sometimes when they are backed up.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I noticed that as well. I didn't even pay extra for it, it came as a part of my Prime account. I went to take the garbage out on Sunday night and it looked like the mailbox wasn't closed right. Opened it up and there was a package inside. Lucky for me my family and I have been friends with the mailman for years. He made us a "Marked Service Point". Inside of our mailbox is a barcode that the mailman has to scan. It lets the head office know where they are on route. So even if they don't have mail for us they always have to come to scan the label inside of our mailbox.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
My mail box makes such a loud noise when opened and closed that I can pretty much tell that mail is being delivered from pretty much anywhere inside the house.

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Yea, USPS is moving to a 5 day a week mail delivery and 7 days a week package delivery