Very 1st Arcade Game you ever played?

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Honestly, I think it was one of the House of the Dead games. Probably one of my dream cabs I want to own.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I'm not sure, but I played a few arcade games fairly regularly as a kid, such as the Simpsons and TMNT beat-em-ups. I suspect the first might have been the Ghostbusters shmup, being that it came out in 1987. I would have been about 6 years old. I remember playing it a lot at a supermarket called Laneco. Not surprisingly, Laneco went out of business in 2001; of course no supermarket can succeed whilst having cool things like an arcade. *sigh*

I sure wish I could remember as well...but its a big foggy :p

However I can say that Double Dragon (Taito) was one of the earlier ones for me. Played it at a local bowling alley that had an arcade as part of it.

article-1297434087379-0d22dfea000005dc-817262_304x257.jpg

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
I believe it was or Altered Beast or Robocop, both 1988's. I was twelve years old, these cabinets were located inside bars.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
Street Fighter 2. And it was some bizarre hack where E.Honda's slap would shoot fireballs. I was still blown away by it though

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
My very first, and extremely hazy memory, was playing a cocktail version of Space Invaders at a local restaurant that I do not recall the name to and am sure is long gone. I also remember that it was kind of broken and didn't work well. Knowing what I know now, I bet it was a bootleg of some kind. I don't remember the year, but I figure it was 1984 or 1985.

My first non-hazy memory was playing Super Mario Vs. in a Circle K that's still around. I believe this was in 1986 and I could never get past World 1-2, being 5 years old and barely tall enough to reach the joystick and buttons.

First home video game was some educational games on my uncle's Commodore 64 (Sea Speller being the one I remember most) back in 1985.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
for me the first 2 arcade I remember playing was kof 94 and bubble bobble at the local swap meet back in the late 90s before it turned into a supermarket. I used to visit my uncle and aunt since they had a booth there selling stuff. those were the good times. another first arcade games they had at that swap meet that I played were sf2, ms pacman, hard driving, primal rage and virtua racing

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
In my first post I said Final Fight... but thinking about it a bit more... it might have been Space Gun.

I remember how bad-ass the graphics, cab (it had a mounted gun)and music were.

Holy shit was I amazed at how gorey it was. I was a kid, so it was a bit scary how fast the Aliens popped out and attacked you.

Both Final Fight and Space Gun came out about the same time, so it could be either.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
first one i believe was either robocop or bad dudes. it was in a video store where the family would rent something on the weekends.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Pretty sure it was a Spyhunter cab in a lonely little diner up in Washington Island Wisconsin. It must of been 1990 when I was 4 or 5 years old. Don't remember much else about it.

NeoGeoAddicted

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I think my first arcade game was Pinball Action and next Street Fighter 2 and Final Fight.
My first home entertainment was an Intellivision and I remember to play a lot of Frogger, Donkey Kong and Burger Time.

darknezz19

n00b
I think my first was a cocktail Pacman or Ms Pacman at a local mexican food restaurant, but I barely remember that. The next was prolly Double Dragon that me and my dad played at a Cirkle K once. I got my butt whipped because of that dang backwards jump kick thing, still fun though.

ahuffman

n00b
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, was my first arcade game that I played. They had one at my local Pizza Hut and as a huge TMNT fan I loved that game.