Very 1st Arcade Game you ever played?

mrjiggs

Kabuki Klasher
I cant remember so I'm gonna go with the first few I remember.

Silkworm at a Circle K
Rastan at Circle K as well

Pac Man Cocktail at Pizza Hut
Michael Jacksons Moonwalker at Skateland

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
A cocktail Pac man at a bowling alley.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Asteroids in 1980 at the local Pizza Hut we went to every Friday night. They had Space Invaders there before but I didn't care. The noises for Asteroids drew me in.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Probably Pacman or Asteroids but I can't remember.

I do clearly remember pumping coins into Double Dragon though so I'm going to go with that. The love of brawlers was cemented.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
1983 - Q*bert, The Penny Arcade, Nantasket Beach

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I wish I could remember. I had to be extraordinarily young, because my father was interested in Atari. It had to be Pac-Man or something, I assume.

mrjiggs

Kabuki Klasher
I was gonna say, alot of people are probly gonna say pac-man or maybe tron. :)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
It happened way too young for me to remember, but it was probably something like Pac Man. I remember going to the mall arcades quite a bit with my dad, Pole Position was probably one of my favorite games, to this day I still prefer racing games over all others.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Donkey Kong at a Venture store can't remember when but guessing the early to mid 80's.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
The first I remember was Ikari Warriors at Marsh Grocery store, they also got a R-Type & Shinobi later

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Not really sure but if I had to guess it was probably one of the Pacman iterations.

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
It was Asteroids Deluxe, but I recall playing Joust in the same day as well. Still two of my favorites. :D

Alle

n00b
Probably Asteroids, but the first arcade that really hook me was Donkey Kong Jr.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I think it was Spy Hunter or maybe its was Demolition Derby by Midway at a local skate ring.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Watched my Mom's buddy play Moon Patrol. Popped my 1st token into Gyruss.

At the Roller Rink, y'all.

80s as fuck.

zxtec

Cheng's Errand Boy
The earliest arcade games I remember playing was Pac-Man and Donkey Kong.

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I wanted it to be Spy Hunter but someone else was playing it so it ended up being Arkanoid.
I think so anyway, I was only around 4 years old. I seem to remember this being the case, but I may have just thought it so much over the years that I've convinced myself this is true.
Or it was implanted Total Recall stylee.....

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Both Super Punch-out and Vs. Duck Hunt in very early '85. After that I remember playing Donkey Kong Jr., Pacman, Joust and Galaga a little later. Shit didn't get real until '88-89 IMO. Final Fight got me hooked like you wouldn't believe.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Both Super Punch-out and Vs. Duck Hunt in very early '85. After that I remember playing Donkey Kong Jr., Pacman, Joust and Galaga a little later. Shit didn't get real until '88-89 IMO. Final Fight got me hooked like you wouldn't believe.

Hell yeah the first time I played F.F. arcade I dethroned D.D. on beat'em ups.

Contra arcade is what got me hooked hard into video games. Still to this day holds a special place w/ me.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Pac man cocktail in Pizza hunt in the mid 80s...I actually did a lot of my arcade gaming at that place come to think of it. They had a program here called "book it", and if you finished a book you got a personal pan pizza as a reward. They ran that for the entire time I was in elementary school...played Simpsons, xmen, captain America, TMNT, Operation Wolf, and ninja gaiden there for the first time too.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Probably Pac-Man since we had it on our first PC, and I always used to play it. I remember playing Street Fighter II right when it came out, though, and getting hooked.