Greetings from a NEO GEO n00b.

losgunn

n00b
It seems I can finally post threads, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a collector of classic consoles and games who only recently decided to get into the NG scene -- by "recently", I mean I just got my AES console in the mail, and am in the process of getting a CMVS. I only have one game, an MVS Metal Slug cart. The term n00b is so appropriate it hurts.

I also haven't participated in a forum since high school(roughly ten years ago), so it'll take me a bit to get back into the swing of things. I'm a rather decent artist and graphic designer, and I have a degree in video game design and programming, but I work as a welder.

Just wanted to say hello to everybody and thank whoever decided to give me the rights to post threads.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Welcome! Metal Slug was my first cart too, not at all a bad way to start :)

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Humble intro. Welcome to the drama, bud.

losgunn

n00b
Welcome bud. :)

Are you making the CMVS yourself or buying one?

I'm getting one from James from Jamma Nation X, the OMF model. Later on after I get some technical expertise under my belt I might try my hand at a supergun so I can get an Atomiswave and a Naomi among others.

losgunn

n00b
Welcome! Metal Slug was my first cart too, not at all a bad way to start :)

Thanks, I've always been a huge MS fan. The area I live in hasn't had a decent arcade since the mid 90s, all the places that had cabinets closed down. As soon as the CMVS comes in I'll be reliving those glory days every afternoon.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Next thing you need to do is get Metal Slug X, skip Metal Slug 2, it's not worth it.

losgunn

n00b
Next thing you need to do is get Metal Slug X, skip Metal Slug 2, it's not worth it.

The plan is to get both -- same reason I want to get the Atomiswave eventually, so I can get Metal Slug 6. I'm aiming for the first seven(1,2,x,3,4,5,6).