Ninja Master's original?

actionking

n00b
Bought a NM recently and I want to confirm it, if it's really a original. Afaik it looks very original, but if someone could confirm it, I would be a very happy Ninja Master's owner :)

33z4kjq.jpg

72ro8x.jpg

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
It uses original chips, but we can't tell you if its a legit copy or a conversion unless we get high resolution scans of the solder side

Nvm its a conversion you can see the jumpers are respldered and not done right on the BK1. Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Pedrobear

Cheng's Errand Boy
Legit carts can sometime have manually adjusted jumpers/components, don't jump to conclusions on this alone.

actionking

n00b
Are you sure?
I hope not :( The soldering on the solder side looks quite ok, though.
Below some pictures.

2lc0d4j.jpg

11hct5e.jpg

Can you tell me where the resoldered jumpers are?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The resoldered jumpers are on the component side of the PROGBK1 board.

Judging by all the flux on the chips, I'd say it's a conversion. SNK original carts are much cleaner than that.

Last edited:

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Legit carts can sometime have manually adjusted jumpers/components, don't jump to conclusions on this alone.

Uh yes you can when you see upside down jumpers. SNK would never manufacture a board like that

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
The resoldered jumpers are on the component side of the PROGBK1 board.

Judging by all the flux on the chips, I'd say it's a conversion. SNK original carts are much cleaner than that.
Ditto
Also where the V3 and V4, EP1 and EP2 slots the original would have solder on them and not a exposed through hole.

Last edited:

Pedrobear

Cheng's Errand Boy
Uh yes you can when you see upside down jumpers. SNK would never manufacture a board like that

Because an upside down jumper donesn't work right? It is super important to have it the right side when fixing a cart batch.
You'd be surprised the jumk you find into some carts. Heck sometime they don't even put jumpers and use an ugly solder blob, or flying wires. SNK carts.

Anyway this one does seem fishy, check paperwork closely as well as components manufacturing dates.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Because an upside down jumper donesn't work right? It is super important to have it the right side when fixing a cart batch.
You'd be surprised the jumk you find into some carts. Heck sometime they don't even put jumpers and use an ugly solder blob, or flying wires. SNK carts.

Anyway this one does seem fishy, check paperwork closely as well as components manufacturing dates.
I have never seen a SNK repair job where they had put a jumper upside down. I never said it wouldnt work. and I my self have a few SNK repair carts and the solder jobs and globs still look cleaner than that flux covered jumper. and We have deemed its a conversion you can tell from the solderside photos with all that flux and missing solder from the V3,V4,EP1,EP2 sockets.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Hopefully the OP gets his money back....

actionking

n00b
No worries. The seller wasn't aware that he is selling a conversion and we will try to find a solution, now. He didn't want to trick me with that NM.

The outcome is quite sad. Artwork, manual etc. were really looking like an original and I was forward looking to get an original Ninja Master's. It was (for my standards) a serious purchase and maybe my first serious one at all. Sadly it ended also in my first failure :/

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Where/who did you buy this from if you don't mind me asking? If the guy regularly sells homecarts, it would serve as a good heads-up to other potential buyers.

I'm not saying he knowingly sold a conversion (although it doesn't look good regardless) but it would help nevertheless.

actionking

n00b
I already found a satisfying solution with my seller (a normal guy, not a shop) and maybe I can close this case about next week.
But also my seller bought this NM advertised as original from his seller and they have to discuss this little problem from on.
From my seller I know, he didn't do it by purpose. I don't know, if this is the same with his seller.
So by know we don't know, where this conversion came from, who's fault etc. Therefore it is not wise to talk about names atm.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I already found a satisfying solution with my seller (a normal guy, not a shop) and maybe I can close this case about next week.
But also my seller bought this NM advertised as original from his seller and they have to discuss this little problem from on.
From my seller I know, he didn't do it by purpose. I don't know, if this is the same with his seller.
So by know we don't know, where this conversion came from, who's fault etc. Therefore it is not wise to talk about names atm.

Dude, I could tell you I didn't know it was conversion. You are only setting it up for the next guy. Dropping names here is nothing new, you are only helping others get scammed. I'm not trying to be mean here.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
What made you think it could be a Conversion since the artwork and manual look original?
By the way it's always great to see some noob members buying high priced carts with absolutely no clue about Neo Geo and bootlegs at all.

actionking

n00b
By the way it's always great to see some noob members buying high priced carts with absolutely no clue about Neo Geo and bootlegs at all.

Reminds me of what you said once

Suicider from Nexgam said:
Aber ein Glück gibt es Feindbilder. Die werden meistens dann rausgekramt, wenn man keine wirklichen Argumente hat :beifall:

;)
You don't know me, you don't know what happend here, so don't prejudice.

Artwork and manual are as an original. Compered it many time before I bought it. But I was maybe the first one who opened this baby here.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Europe, home of the conversions. Probably came from Stefano or some other douche.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Must be really shitty sitting on a conversion eh? You tell me this is your 41st AES game and you don't even know how to spot a conversion from the solder points? Man I can only pity you and this has nothing to do with you as a 'Feindbild'.
You compared the manual/insert to what? You already own an original NM, then why posting this thread? Post some pictures of the manual/insert and we can go from there. Otherwise I'd recommend you not to collect AES anymore. You'd be on the safe side.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Wow if this is his 41st, I wonder how many other conversions are sitting in his 'collection'. Not to mention, how many came from the same seller.

As Suicide Killer said, post pictures of the manuals etc... as they can easily be reprinted.

actionking

n00b
Must be really shitty sitting on a conversion eh?

I'm not the one who is sitting on it (thanks to paypal :) )

You tell me this is your 41st AES game and you don't even know how to spot a conversion from the solder points?

You didn't read anything, right. I said it was my first serious purchase. Second I bought most of my games between 99-01 and at that time there weren't any huge problems with cons.

Man I can only pity you and this has nothing to do with you as a 'Feindbild'.

What I wanted to say is, that you don't know anything about what happend here, about my person or something else. You just see that I have only a few posts in this forum and automatically I'm a noob..... And you get angry when someone is saying to greedy people that they are gypsies. You act exactly the same way, with prejudices against other people.

Wow if this is his 41st, I wonder how many other conversions are sitting in his 'collection'. Not to mention, how many came from the same seller.

1. none, 2. none

Below some pictures. Then enlighten me.
Hope the picture quality is good enough. I own atm only my smartphone cam and those pics aren't the best. Those pics are from the seller.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/jkf0o3.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/1zxrrea.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/vz9c08.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/op4j04.jpg

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
I'm no expert but I don't think the four lines in the rom cartridge logo on the manual should blur together like that?

actionking

n00b
Oh could be. I just compared it with my other carts and at ones those lines are separated clearly.

Hm, overlooked this :/
Anyway it's not my cup of tea anymore.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
What I wanted to say is, that you don't know anything about what happend here, about my person or something else. You just see that I have only a few posts in this forum and automatically I'm a noob..... And you get angry when someone is saying to greedy people that they are gypsies. You act exactly the same way, with prejudices against other people.

I know, you joined this site in 2010, wrote 20 posts in 4 years, use your marketplace and PM privileges and don't give a fuck about the rest of this site. Therefore I call you a noob.
Furthermore you bought a high $$ cart, opened it up and don't know how to spot if it's a conversion. Therefore I call you a noob too since you could have left the cart closed without any difference at all.
How about actually using this site in order to learn something about the Neo (and conversions)?

PS: the only one who is angry in this thread is you. And we all know the reason why.