Destiny - Any NG forum members playing?

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Well finally got to Oryx in the raid tonight. Daughters took us a bit because of stupid mistakes. It was late and we just couldn't kill Oryx. May have had some under leveled peeps though. No real good gear drops for yet, I can get to 300 now but I can't run the raid at 300 yet. Just need to beat Oryx to get my 310 Artifact. Hopefully CoO and Heroic Strikes drop me some goodness as I can run those at 300. Still annoyed my ghost is stuck at 292.

Any tips on staggering/flinching Oryx? We repeatedly couldn't make him flinch so we could detonate. He'd open his chest we'd DPS and then be consumed by Darkness. We never got to a 2nd detonationround as we just couldn't get him to flinch :(

I know this reply is late as hell, but you need to use high impact sniper rifles. 1000 Yard Stare is a pretty easy to get option.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I know this reply is late as hell, but you need to use high impact sniper rifles. 1000 Yard Stare is a pretty easy to get option.

That's what I was using. Can't comment on the rest of the fireteam.

I'm way higher light now but haven't run the raid again. Did Trials all last weekend instead. Maybe this weekend? I dunno.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Didn't think this thread was still active but haven't been here for a while, played this game over a year & still don't have a group to do stuff, this about the only game i play so i'm down to always team up my PSN is ChiefofSBII on PS4
I have all 3 characters & over 300 light, done the normal raid a few times pretty easy & know what to do & have all exotics except void sword which only need a couple more steps, mostly play crucible so PvE or PvP don't mind teaming up for either.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Weapon Balance patch inbound tomorrow along with a lot of nice changes to the Titan including a sunbreaker nerf :D

Sparrow Racing starts tomorrow.

Looking forward most of all to new year 2 exotics.

I'm up to 311 light now thanks to some great RNG.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I like the Golgo challenge. I've at least 4 different strats to tackle the challenge!

Now at 317 of light :)

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
So I'm thinking of getting one of them ps4s and this game comes in a nice white bundle .
I gotta know if I can play it offline like as that seems like the norm now? I really don't want to get a subscription at all.

Anybody know what you can do with that star wars one offline? I've seen theres bots but if you can't bot the 'whole?' game I heard its lacking???

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
So I'm thinking of getting one of them ps4s and this game comes in a nice white bundle .
I gotta know if I can play it offline like as that seems like the norm now? I really don't want to get a subscription at all.

Anybody know what you can do with that star wars one offline? I've seen theres bots but if you can't bot the 'whole?' game I heard its lacking???

is it true?!! re:Rockys answer.
that stinks.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Yep, online only game. I spend the first 6 months after release playing the hell out of this game.... then finally got burned out. Bungie just couldn't stop mucking around with it. Plus now they're on year 2. So if you want to play the later areas or level past a certain point you'll need to buy the latest version of the game.

Nerfing my complete set of year one exotics isn't exactly making me want to come back and play either.
(FYI, I was playing the PS3 version last year).

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Nerfing my complete set of year one exotics isn't exactly making me want to come back and play either.

This.

Despite the games many and evolving flaws, I loved playing it. But to go and hit the reset button on peoples progress with their gear was too much for me. I am hoping they rethink that decision now there is new leadership at Bungie.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I cant believe its been 3 months since they released new content. Come on bungie, sell me something to play.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My Destiny play time is waaaay down these days.

I just pop on now for Iron Banner, the Occasional Trials of Osiris, and any other events (SRL, etc.)

Crimson Double is lackluster overall if you want loot, but I'm having fun with a friend.

I'm basically just waiting until we get new content too.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I haven't played in ages... It just wasn't fun anymore...

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

while it does play online, you will only need a "subscription" (Playstation Plus, which I don't have) if you want to play with/or against other ppl. I got the game when I bought a used ps4 and basically have never played a strike, crucible (PvP) or raid. There is still alot you can do in the game without Playstation Plus. I am super lttp on this game, and I haven't truly delved into all of it, but I still like it better than any Halo game, and I was HUUUGE Halo nerd.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Max 330 and i might start running regular weekly play sessions. I have some local friends that fill in so we can raid or just tear up the pvp. Let me know if you are interested.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
this week it will likely be tuesday night or wednesday night if loli is available.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
3 man the vault?

I might be down for something...

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I can get dudes to fill the party up if we cant run ng only. The locals are pretty cool.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Yeah I'm on it...

Did the new raid over the weekend. It was pretty good, but I don't think anything can touch vault of glass...

I have not tried the raid yet, fucking lfg sucks, and i think crota was a better raid. And I hated the last raid with oryx. It was just bad.

But so far its pretty good. Iron banner was pretty fun as well.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
is it bad that i'm half tempted to buy a PS4. Just to get back into Destiny. Occasionally I'll jump on my vita and notice a few of the guys from my old clan playing... damn stupid gamer itch. Must resist it.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I have not tried the raid yet, fucking lfg sucks, and i think crota was a better raid. And I hated the last raid with oryx. It was just bad.

But so far its pretty good. Iron banner was pretty fun as well.

If you play on ps4 shoot me a friend request, we usually looking for a plus one for the raid.