Destiny - Any NG forum members playing?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Arms Day seems fun, but it's going to depend on what the ranking rewards are.

Really excited for Taken King.

Rift is awesome.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
im a bit lost on them (noob so duh i dont understand half the game) ive fully researched a few. havnt attempted the crucible ones, and have no idea how to research the rocket launcher that needs high ranking kills only, i guess im a bit lost on them. theyre powerful but seem bland.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
On the SUROS launcher from this weak you need to kill Majors or Ultras with it. A Major is an enemy with a yellow health bar. An Ultra is an enemy with a skull next to its name and a yellow health bar (a boss.)

When you complete the testing requirements of the weapon you automatically gain reputation with the gunsmith.

From there I have no idea what to do with the weapons. I just deleted mine.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The symbol for Oryx, the Taken King, looks suspiciously similar to the symbol on the speaker (the "destiny" symbol and presumably a symbol of the traveller).

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Not sure if both are related but I never trusted the Speaker anyways...

FinalAttack

New Challenger
Yeah same here. Did they vote for him to be the speaker or did he just decide he is the new king?

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Wow, gotta say, I like what I see in Taken King!

I've never been that excited to see blue and green loots lol.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Wow, gotta say, I like what I see in Taken King!

I've never been that excited to see blue and green loots lol.

Ha, same! But also sad that many green drops match or beat my Legendary/Exotic gear I already had. Inevitable with the level cap increase I suppose.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Finished main story (doesn't take long but very enjoyable!)

Tips:
make space when you play the new story as you will pick up new gear (weapon and armor) MUCH better than we had before.
Try to unlock your third class asap (usually after the first or second TTK chapter), then you can cash in the XP quests.
Watch out for blue and green drops, they are now much better than most legendary gear that we had
Don't forget to dance :)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Story Missions waaaaaay better now. Dreadnaut is insane. Patrol is fun again (for now at least)

Remember that weapon stats don't matter in crucible. You'll want to ditch your old armor though so you'll have tolerable cool downs.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Dammm heroic missions are hard now.
Heroic Daily attempt:
Spent 3 hours yesterday with a full team (average light of 210ish) into a mission of 240 recommended light, got our ass kicked by the boss :(

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just keep working up until you get to 240 light. Complete all the story missions and do your quests and you'll get there. The Heroic Strikes can be challenging. Some are easier than others, of course, and some of the strikes have been remixed. Regular Undying Mind is still haaaaaaaaard, while the remixed version with Taken enemies, is way easier. Valus Ta'aurc still sucks no matter what. Damn bullet sponge.

Run vanguard strikes. You get good loot. I can't wait to see what Xur brings.

Is the strike where you fight the boss in the dark an homage to a Dark Souls 2 boss? I think yes.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If anyone is dumb enough to be playing this on the 360, then hit me up: Lagduf.

Looking for a raid team.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Someone gifted me a copy so I'm back on the wagon on ps4...

170 vision of confluence is still a bad motherfucker.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Killed the Warpriest (TTK 1st raid boss) yesterday in roughly 3 hours of attempt.

The new raid is a lot of fun! :)

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I dont work that night, lets do this. If you want to hit the raid i can get spares.

FinalAttack

New Challenger
I am ready to shoot things in the face and fail at the raid. Its going to be great.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
TTK is the game that Destiny should have been at launch, if they can keep this level of content then I'll be a happy gamer.

I'll most likely be upgrading to the XBone version by the end of the year. The 360 is starting to show its age on Court of Oryx tier 2 runes (Stolen Runes) with lots of slowdown when you get certain boss combinations. Game really pushes the 360 otherwise.

I had last week off and I've probably put 40 hours in to taken king already. Have yet to do the raid - which has basically been my Destiny problem since I was geared up enough to do a raid. When my crew upgrades hopefully we'll all be able to do it. Plus I'd like to run VoG and Crota a few more times.

The PvP questline they've added is pretty intense. My buds just finished up the Five Elimination wins. Doing this questline could be tough if you're a lone wolf.

I'm at 290ish light on my Warlock. I'll probably attempt Nightfall this week.

Last edited:

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Join us, lagduf, join the ps4 destiny crew.

I agree with you completely about how ttk has changed the game. It really feels put together now.