Destiny - Any NG forum members playing?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I play it quite a bit, but I'm on Xbox One only. I have all the expansions and my main is a level 32 Hunter. If any other Xbone players want to play, feel free to add me.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Anyone playing this on PS3? It's only $30 now, there's no subscription fee and I even have a solid internet connection at home these days. I'd be interested in picking it up if anyone else is still playing it.

Maybe I'll just wait until I get a PS4, I know a few people playing that version online.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Anyone playing this on PS3? It's only $30 now, there's no subscription fee and I even have a solid internet connection at home these days. I'd be interested in picking it up if anyone else is still playing it.

Maybe I'll just wait until I get a PS4, I know a few people playing that version online.

I can play on 3 or 4...
Would much prefer to play on 4, going back to 3 is painful.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I can play on 3 or 4...
Would much prefer to play on 4, going back to 3 is painful.

Noted. :D

PS3: 1
PS4: 3 (probably a lot more)

Even though the Bone is expected to have mod support for Fallout 4, I'm still leaning towards the PS4 over the Bone right now.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Noted. :D

PS3: 1
PS4: 3 (probably a lot more)

Even though the Bone is expected to have mod support for Fallout 4, I'm still leaning towards the PS4 over the Bone right now.

I play a couple of times a week and am always down to run a raid or the prison...

Level 34 with the gjallarhorn, putting in that work.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Wait until the next expansion drops on 9/15/15 before you pick it up. They'll have a new edition of the game for $60 total in which you get Destiny, Expansion 1, 2, (each expansion is $20) and you will get the new expansion "The Taken King" (which will cost $40). So it's a pretty stupid good deal.

Assuming Destiny is worth $30 you're looking at $110 worth of content for $60.

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Wait until the next expansion drops on 9/15/15 before you pick it up. They'll have a new edition of the game for $60 total in which you get Destiny, Expansion 1, 2, (each expansion is $20) and you will get the new expansion "The Taken King" (which will cost $40). So it's a pretty stupid good deal.

Assuming Destiny is worth $30 you're looking at $110 worth of content for $60.

Snap! Thanks for the heads up, Wes. Since that won't drop until September anyways, I may as well wait for a Black Friday special on a PS4. If I start saving now, I may just buy myself the PS4 and the Wii U and call it an early Christmas. :D

daybona

Juz,
Level 32 hunter on PS4. Add me!

My PSN is Daybona.

I'm looking for help with the final thorn raid, but I also wanna do Vault of Glass and Crotas End. I'm happy to play Prison of Elders or Trials of Osirus, but I've never played them before. I'm also looking to make a new character soon as well, so I'm happy to play with someone who's just starting out as well!

I'm usually on Wednesdays 7pm to 10pm est, but also many other times although usually not for quite as long. Looking forward to playing with you all :)

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
lolifoxgirlng here. Add me, I am sure craig and I can get a crew together to run you through vog.

Pat505

War Room Troll
I have Level 34 Titan, Warlock and Hunter. VOG or Crota I have gone through them tons of times. I still have not even attempted prison of elders lvl 35. I have done trials and have a handfull of adept weapons.

Anybody play crucible a lot? Them having made more shotguns to comptete with fel winters has made shotguns so long range and powerfull I really feel fusion rifles are obsolite. Not like you cant use them but youd have more success using a party crasher or matador 64.

Ps4
Rugedman

Last edited:

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I like shotguns and autorifle combos myself for the crucible. I could probably score a few more headshot kos with a thorn or last word, but in a lot of maps I find using something like hard light helps me get a lot of assists. Im all about machine guns for the heavy slot tho, leave your ghorns at home.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Machine guns are way better in crucible then rockets. Rockets can be more clutch, and they're the preferred heavy in ToO, but in regular crucible I'll run my Jolder's Hammer or Thunderlord all day, 'erry day.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I 365'd my corrective measures...
Holy shit that's a bad motherfucker!!!
I pretty much 365'd all my vault guns,
Vision of confluence is one of the best imho.

Truth is a pretty good pvp rocket launcher.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
We should get a trials team going. Almost finished with my thorn bounty then its on.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm speculating that we're going to see a big weapon rebalancing for PvP when The Taken King drops. Thoughts?

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Its my thinking that ghorn will lose its elemental effect, thorn will see a clip size or accuracy nerf, and scouts might see some kind of a buff as they are some of the least useful pvp weapons. Hand cannon dominance will end.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
They slammed autos so much when they started doing this "balancing", it'd be nice to see them move back up, even if slightly.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Atheons and hard light are still go tos for me in crucible and iron banner. You can really carry an organized team with consistant damage in a sustained fight. Hand cannons are still better for a lot of scenarios at medium range but I drink enough to make the extra clip size worth the trade off in dps.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Community Manager Deej mentioned on Bungie forums recently that they'll be discussing "balancing" to the game pretty soon.

For Crucible my main weapon is still a Pulse Rifle. I used Three Little Words for the longest time and recently switched to The Messenger which is slightly better thanks to perk versatility (high stability or an awesome amount of ammo) - I think it fires slightly faster but I can't be sure. The Messenger is just a beast. Thought I've yet to get an Adept version from Trials of Osiris :( I did end up getting an Adept Scolar with Arc damage on it this past Trials. Only my 4th weapon from The Lighthouse. First one was a Solar Summoner :( Then I got two Solar Scholars. Glad to finally have an Arc Scholar. Now I just need a void primary.

I've recently been using Legendary hand cannons in crucible. Pretty damn fun, though given an appropriate map. They seem balanced if a little underpowered...but maybe that's just cuz Thorn and The Last Word are just so damn good. I can't wait until Hawkmoon drops for Xbox users.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Saw the patch notes, the blackhammer nerf sucks. I have been cheesing the thorn bounty in rumble, so much faster than doing it normally.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Blackhammer was way OP on bosses anyway. Now you can just run out of ammo. Are you really going to get more than 18 crits in a row?

This from someone who just got Blackhammer a couple weeks ago. I got Ice Breaker about 2 weeks later. I never use any other snipers now.

I went to Mercruy on monday and got a Jewel of Osiris. Pretty good stuff it is. Solar though. Of the 5 Adept weapons I have 4 of them are solar :( Still no Adept Messenger either.