What's this about a black kid being shot again

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Straight-outta-compton-nwa-movie.jpg

Eazy-E, Eazy-E, Eazy-E can suck a big, fat.....diiiick....

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Everyone involved is a shit heel. The media and the usual suspects (Al + company) for race-baiting the local populace when the details of the story weren't out there yet, the cops for handling the guy's arrest and the aftermath about as poorly as humanly possible, the victim if he indeed was the burglar on the tape and the locals who think looting and rioting is the proper response to a situation like this.

There are a lot of tough questions that need to be asked after a situation like this (about racial profiling, police procedure, why the police are armed like the military, the media's role in causing the news rather than reporting it) but none of them will be asked because everyone's yelling the same, tired bullshit.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Everyone involved is a shit heel. The media and the usual suspects (Al + company) for race-baiting the local populace when the details of the story weren't out there yet, the cops for handling the guy's arrest and the aftermath about as poorly as humanly possible, the victim if he indeed was the burglar on the tape and the locals who think looting and rioting is the proper response to a situation like this.

There are a lot of tough questions that need to be asked after a situation like this (about racial profiling, police procedure, why the police are armed like the military, the media's role in causing the news rather than reporting it) but none of them will be asked because everyone's yelling the same, tired bullshit.

Well said, one giant clusterfuck from all sides.

State of emergency's been declared and there's a curfew tonight. Word has it that the Nation of Islam and (new?) Black Panthers have folks in town to join the fun.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
...soooooo...I'm not the only guy who looks out his window and sees black people wandering around in the street...

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Privileged white people have a LOT of nerve to talk about low income blacks rioting over this issue. Let's not forget recent riots over Joe Paterno's firing, a surfing contest in Huntington Beach, and the 2011 Stanley Cup riot. Hardly ANYONE said anything about these riots. Sure there were news stories but in regards to the public, people were ghosts.

The difference between the two is one group of people were rioting over what seems to be "injustice" while another group riots because a competition didn't go the way they wanted to or one of their own was "wrongfully accused".

I'm in no way in support of the looters in Fergurson but for everything else, their anger was (and still is) justified. On the other side, it's "privileged injustice".

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The stage is set for another political drama.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
On a related note…

I'm going down to the Lou in a few weeks…staying about 10 miles from all of this shit, hope my hotel doesn't get burnt to the ground while I'm down there (LOL?)...

Bring a gun.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Privileged white people have a LOT of nerve to talk about low income blacks rioting over this issue. Let's not forget recent riots over Joe Paterno's firing, a surfing contest in Huntington Beach, and the 2011 Stanley Cup riot. Hardly ANYONE said anything about these riots. Sure there were news stories but in regards to the public, people were ghosts.

The difference between the two is one group of people were rioting over what seems to be "injustice" while another group riots because a competition didn't go the way they wanted to or one of their own was "wrongfully accused".

I'm in no way in support of the looters in Fergurson but for everything else, their anger was (and still is) justified. On the other side, it's "privileged injustice".

Ad homonym.

You'd think an educator would know better.

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Ad hominem

If you're going to call me out on guilty by association, at least have the correct spelling. :)

Auto correct didn't turn red under it so, thought I was OK.

I'd just like to point out that this is coming from the same guy that calls a riot "justified".

Jon

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
This is literally happening in my neighborhood.
Five minutes down the street.
This last week has been nothing but a shit storm of bad press, bad decisions (from all parties),
& misinformation.
Michael Brown did not deserve to die.
Darren Wilson most likely never wanted to shoot anyone.
But when you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object

You hit the nail right on the head!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Bring a gun.

Indeed...I always travel armed.

I really don't like the word "privileged" being slapped on all white people. I can't believe I'm actually going to say this on the hyphen...but that actually offends me. All white people being called privileged is just as bad as someone labeling all black folks as being niggers. A vast majority of this country (people of all colors) are FAR from privileged. That term is quickly becoming highly offensive, I'm curious how I'll handle it the first time some ignorant fuck tries to call me that to my face.

I love how, once again, the media has successfully blown something out of proportion and once again, divided people.

A thug robs someone, gets all squirrelly and thug police do what thug police often do...kill someone.

As a result...here we go with the race bullshit once again...and the media...and the rioting...and the looting...and the division of people that should be unifying against the real problem this country has...the government.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
the real problem this country has...the government.

...hmmmm...perhaps... I myself would be tempted to point the finger at parenting becoming a thing of the past first. Seems a lot of our problems come from people that have crap parents...or no parents. People just keep having kids and then they don't do anything with them, they just pawn them off anyplace they can and they don't show these kids how to act.

You hate to blame the kids because they had the back luck of being born with idiot parents, but 18yrs later those kids are grown 6ft 300lb adults with no moral direction. Then all you have is whats infront of you. We all saw him shaking down a man *literally* half his size. Fucking pathetic. Clearly nobody instilled in him why that makes you a shitty person for doing that. Then he gave an officer a hard time, clearly nobody taught him to respect authority. This young guy was failed by his parents, you wanna point fingers, point them at the parents because they had the last 2 decades to show their son how to act.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
As a result...here we go with the race bullshit once again...and the media...and the rioting...and the looting...and the division of people that should be unifying against the real problem this country has...the government.

Close, but you're one (maybe two, depending on which intermediaries you want to consider) away from the real issue up the food chain.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I really don't like the word "privileged" being slapped on all white people. I can't believe I'm actually going to say this on the hyphen...but that actually offends me. All white people being called privileged is just as bad as someone labeling all black folks as being niggers. A vast majority of this country (people of all colors) are FAR from privileged. That term is quickly becoming highly offensive, I'm curious how I'll handle it the first time some ignorant fuck tries to call me that to my face.

I take offense being called privileged too. No, I'm not privileged, I work for my money (what little I make) and I'm proud of it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I take offense being called privileged too. No, I'm not privileged, I work for my money (what little I make) and I'm proud of it.

Everyone has struggles...and everyone is made to suffer from time to time. (As some here already know) I grew up on welfare with a father that smoked pot constantly and a physically abusive, alcoholic mother. There are few periods in my life where they would go on coke binges...times where I would have to take care of my younger sister on my own.

Now, I don't deserve a medal, or help or even an "I'm sorry"...but I had a rough start...like many do. I had to make choices like anyone else and I did. I chose to work hard, I chose not to take my parent's path. I've had no privilege...and no help. When I hear the term "white privilege" it fucking pisses me off...because there isn't such a thing. What does exist is "wealthy privilege". White, black, brown, green, red...it doesn't matter. He who has the gold makes the rules. With enough coin, you can buy all the privilege you want, and skin color has shit to do with it.

When it comes down to what's going on in Missouri, people have to choose to be something more than their environment...they have to choose to be something more than their upbringing. Or they can choose to sink in the shit like their parents did. These people had the choice...choose to protest intelligently...or choose to loot and burn things down. Obviously, many of them chose to do it the wrong way.