What's this about a black kid being shot again

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The officer didn't have a taser.

Interesting…I wonder why. Possibly they're not standard issue or something. Around here, all police carry one (at least all that I look at…I'm always looking over cops when I see them to see what they are carrying…you know, cuz I'm a gun-guy…)

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Cops should be using non-lethal weapons like tazers, rubber bullets, and tear gas instead of killing people. Yes, he robbed a store, but he didnt deserve to die like that.

At least blacks aren't pussies and don't take this shit lying down and riot.

Poorly educated statement. I suggest you read up on reality.

Interesting…I wonder why. Possibly they're not standard issue or something. Around here, all police carry one (at least all that I look at…I'm always looking over cops when I see them to see what they are carrying…you know, cuz I'm a gun-guy…)

Liability and Training. There are plenty of LE Departments that just caught up with sidearms and special purpose rifles in the last 5-10 years. A local department in my area finally got rid of revolvers 5 years ago and upgraded to Glocks...

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
S5yOog0.png

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I have some cops in my family and they have told me in the past that they personally and a lot of other cops don't want to carry tasers, pepper spray, baton, etc. Why? Because if you use them, the criminal (assuming that the situation is one where they truly are criminal and did something deserving of it) will lie or say whatever they can to try and fuck over the cop. So you get into a procedural clusterfuck, all for doing everything the way you should, all because the other guy is a lying piece of shit.

Fun anecdote, one of the story I was recently told... When one of my cop relatives was younger, him and 2 other cops had taken in a guy for resisting and theft charges. They did everything by the book, it was a pretty standard stop for the charges. They get back to the precinct, the same perp walks up to him and says the officer that put him in the car roughed him up and took $20 and wanted to put in a complaint. Yeah, the guy that put him in the car WAS my relative. Guy was just throwing shit out there to try and cause trouble and wasn't even bring enough to remember who did what.

Reason I mention all these in reference to the question is the cops basically don't want to have these options on hand because then everyone asks why didn't you use this tool over that one etc for each occurance. If its just them and their badge/gun/cuffs, when they go to use their gun, its suppose to be just a question of were they in eminent danger and if they fired, was it justified. Because if they don't just have that and abide by that, the criminals, that are what they are for a reason, have no qualms trying to fuck with them because they can.

What Wasabi said earlier was right, all cops should have cameras on them at all times. They act better as do any perps around them when everyone knows its all on tape.

Marek

Banned
At least blacks aren't pussies and don't take this shit lying down and riot.

Jesus, Greg. smh.

Havent you learned that you cant make a comment about "the blax" without putting your foot in your mouth?

I have a reading list that you need to complete before I will even remotely consider your opinion on "the blax".

1) Where do we go from here? - Martin Luther King
2) Native Son - Richard Wright

Im fucking serious greg. Read a fucking book and stop sounding like a moron who has never had a meaningful interaction/friendship with a black person.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Im fucking serious greg. Read a fucking book and stop sounding like a moron who has never had a meaningful interaction/friendship with a person.

FTFY.

Greg you're the most ignorant son of a whore on this forum. Bar none.

Marek

Banned
FTFY.

Greg you're the most ignorant son of a whore on this forum. Bar none.

Well he's close but I reckon punjabee was the worst of all time and eggbert was the worst of late.

Greg is awful though. Not an awful guy, but a guy who can't stick to things he has a clue about.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

I read the officer's grand jury testimony (or at least the portion of it that CNN had on their site.) He was asked about a taser and says he doesn't wear one on his belt because it's too bulky. Not saying it's a good reason, it's just what he said.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I read the officer's grand jury testimony (or at least the portion of it that CNN had on their site.) He was asked about a taser and says he doesn't wear one on his belt because it's too bulky. Not saying it's a good reason, it's just what he said.

Yep, same reason I don't wear one.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
For once on this forum how about you actually provide that info from a source. All you do is make assumptions most of the time.
ll.

Deadly weapon" means any loaded weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other serious physical injury, may be discharged, or a switchblade knife, gravity knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, dagger, billy, blackjack, plastic knuckles, or metal knuckles - See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/PEN/ONE/A/10/10.00#sthash.QgHpR35q.dpuf

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Deadly weapon" means any loaded weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other serious physical injury, may be discharged, or a switchblade knife, gravity knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, dagger, billy, blackjack, plastic knuckles, or metal knuckles - See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/PEN/ONE/A/10/10.00#sthash.QgHpR35q.dpuf

bleh. even though only ''black belts'' might (there are places they are apparently)be required to Register their hands as such. deadly weapon statutes often contain "catch all" provisions which describe abilities used to designate other implements as deadly weapons. which I translate (since I'm not a lawyer, judge or DA etc) as if we feel like calling it a deadly weapon based on your actions during a criminal activity it will be deemed so. I'm willing to bet a potato could be or already has been classified as a deadly weapon(even without being fired from a gun){choke on it:emb:}.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If you click on Norton's link, pay attention to the statutes around his quoted section.

And be mindful that the laws are for NY, and not MO.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm willing to bet a potato could be or already has been classified as a deadly weapon(even without being fired from a gun){choke on it:emb:}.

You only have to ask the Irish about the deadly effects the potato can have.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

There are more statutes than that under NY penal code as there are various degrees and types of Assault. The only thing in common they all share is any type of Physical Assault on a PO is a felony of a certain degree. Btw fuck NY, topic of discussion doesn't even involve it. Everything I have stated and your weak replies is determined & assessed case by case in the Court Room anyway.