What's this about a black kid being shot again

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
And not one of those forms of assault involve a strike of the fist and no serious injury. otherwise, it is harassment.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
And not one of those forms of assault involve a strike of the fist and no serious injury. otherwise, it is harassment.

Striking someone without a weapon is Assault period, even in NY. Which is why there are different degrees & types. Serious Injury is not required. If you think serious injury can not be inflicted in hand 2 hand, you are a moron. If no charges are pressed by an involved party, its considered a Physical Altercation or Domestic Dispute.

You really are just a twin of joe8. As Wasabi said eariler and myself, again wtf does NY have with the topic at hand. Besides the fact, you pretend to know shit?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Striking someone without a weapon is Assault period, even in NY. Which is why there are different degrees & types. Serious Injury is not required. If you think serious injury can not be inflicted in hand 2 hand, you are a moron. If no charges are pressed by an involved party, its considered a Physical Altercation or Domestic Dispute.

You really are just a twin of joe8. As Wasabi said eariler and myself, again wtf does NY have with the topic at hand. Besides the fact, you pretend to know shit?

Nope, NY isn't like other states. Probably something to do with it's foundations in Dutch Law rather than English or French law.

In order for it to be assault (note that NY's definition of assault is more akin to other' states definition of battery) there has to be serious injury, a weapon or you some type of protected victim class (of which a police officer does not currently count as).

Sure, striking a person can cause serious physical injury. But it isn't a crime here unless you do.
http://www.leagle.com/decision/198024749NY2d198_1231.xml/MATTER OF PHILIP A.
http://www.newyorkcriminallawyer-bl...rimes-beyond-common-perception.html#more-1888
And what does it have to do with anything? I dunno. I just made a side note in a previous post for.... And you took it up upon yourself to try and prove me wrong.

And NY law matters because?

I dunno, ask him why it is so important to go off topic to try and prove me wrong.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

A typical joe8 comment. You are basically stating that all forms of Assault in NY require a weapon. That a strike from a fist, regardless of injury is considered Harrassment, which is also the wrong term, as it is Disorderly Conduct.

I dunno, ask him why it is so important to go off topic to try and prove me wrong.

You're the one that brought the NY BS into this thread and continue to go off topic. Bringing poor examples of petty Disorderly Conduct charges involving little to no injury.

My goal isn't to prove you wrong. In countless threads you make baseless comments with poor backing and instead of moving on, you just keep on flapping your mouth. Just like joe8.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
http://boingboing.net/2014/11/26/new-video-emerges-of-black-cos.html

After viewing this, I feel every black man in America should get a gun and never hesitate to shoot a fucking cop if they feel threatened. I don't believe in "white privilege", but I believe certain races are abso-fucking-lutely guilty and sentenced to death until proven innocent.

Now THIS is some fucking bullshit.
Why won't the usual provacateurs like Sharpton, Jackson, and sometimes Obama chime in on this??

Because Saratoga Springs doesn't have enough black people to rile up? Because he wasn't black enough?

Marek

Banned
They'll get off the hook. All they have to do is collectively lie that they were afraid he was going to hurt somebody else and he had to be stopped.

Cynically I am inclined to agree.

But its gonna be tough because,

a) He wasnt running very fast like I suspect I would be full tilt running if the cops were chasing me for selling weed

b) He had already discarded his weapon

c) He had already discarded his weed

d) He put his hands up in the obvious universal sign of "I am willing to comply"

e) Their claims that he is "much bigger" are laughable because hes so fucking skinny he probably weighs no more than 170 and all the cops are fucking meatballs who are only a couple inches shorter than him.

I hope those cops choke on a fucking porkchop bone, tonight.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
http://boingboing.net/2014/11/26/new-video-emerges-of-black-cos.html

After viewing this, I feel every black man in America should get a gun and never hesitate to shoot a fucking cop if they feel threatened. I don't believe in "white privilege", but I believe certain races are abso-fucking-lutely guilty and sentenced to death until proven innocent.

That's fucked up…and yes, this is the first time I've heard about it. I wonder what went down verbally before this shooting? Or if any verbal exchange even happened and the cops just started shooting…

Either way, it's messed up for sure…

I will say this is the prime reason why I'd never try carrying something like an airsoft firearm replica in public. Some idiot cop would pop me full of holes...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Cynically I am inclined to agree.

But its gonna be tough because,

a) He wasnt running very fast like I suspect I would be full tilt running if the cops were chasing me for selling weed

b) He had already discarded his weapon

c) He had already discarded his weed

d) He put his hands up in the obvious universal sign of "I am willing to comply"

e) Their claims that he is "much bigger" are laughable because hes so fucking skinny he probably weighs no more than 170 and all the cops are fucking meatballs who are only a couple inches shorter than him.

I hope those cops choke on a fucking porkchop bone, tonight.

Plus, I'm fairly certain that hitting someone in the grill with a pistol is not proper police procedure/

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Oh holy shit man... Thats bad.

I hope those fucks get the same treatment in prison.
I'd agree with this if it was over the pot charge, non-violent offense, victimless crime, etc.. right?
would you say the same thing if the kid was carrying a loaded firearm? not uncommon in the city

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Considering how much weed is laced with pcp and other fucked up chemicals, any aggression should be met with lethal force.

Even micro aggressions.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
not all police are police....
just like not all black people are the same...

referencing other idiots doesn't change one case.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Neo Geo owners, imagine that you're playing Garou on your arcade cab at home and suddenly, the sounds of chanting "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE" overwhelm every other sound in your home. That's what happened to me Monday. My girlfriend and I ran outside and joined the tail end of the protests last Monday, but we stopped short of the bigger crowd that formed and watched from afar.

You see, we both work for a weekly newspaper in town, didn't see any of our colleagues and thought, even if we took picture or footage with our phone, that would be better than nothing.

There was a pretty large group gathering, about 100 strong, and we saw no less than 20 squad cars, SUVs, buses pull up and block the middle of the road.
We suddenly heard "This is an unlawful assembly, disperse immediately" over a loudspeaker. No less than five seconds later the police shot tear gas and these nasty little things called hornet's nests into the crowd. We were close enough to get a taste of the tear gas. Spicy.

This all happened about 300 feet away from a strip of 14 business that had their windows knocked out, allegedly, by a small group of teenagers. One person tried to steal a crossbow out of a pawn shop, but was caught and arrested immediately. It's important to note that there are no links between the actual protests and any looting or rioting happening.

We watched as police surrounded the crowd, moving them into a street corner next a coffee shop that publicly touted itself as a "safe haven" for protesters. Police formed a line outside the privately owned business and two shots of tear gas at the front door, gassing people inside.

I can't imagine what happened to some of the pets in the neighborhood. This was so close to houses, there's no question that the gas affected people inside their homes.

If you want to look at this objectively, protesters disturbed other civilians by protesting loudly so close to neighborhoods, but when police arrived, they escalated the situation immediately with violence.