What game do you most wish was released on the pocket?

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
The sad truth is of course that this thread possibly gives us an insight into what 'could have been'.

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
1. Magician Lord. I never cared too much for the original, but the unfinished NGPC version seems to use the shapeshifting gimmick in a more complex, Metroid-style game.
2. Crystalis. Sad that we got a dorky Game Boy Color remastering instead of a sequel or spiritual successor.
3. Darkstalkers. Capcom was willing to put their stuff on the NGPC, and I'd love a portable Darkstalkers in the style of MoTM, with mini-games and everything.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
1. Magician Lord. I never cared too much for the original, but the unfinished NGPC version seems to use the shapeshifting gimmick in a more complex, Metroid-style game.
2. Crystalis. Sad that we got a dorky Game Boy Color remastering instead of a sequel or spiritual successor.
3. Darkstalkers. Capcom was willing to put their stuff on the NGPC, and I'd love a portable Darkstalkers in the style of MoTM, with mini-games and everything.

Wow! Thanks KF,
I had no idea about that cart.
Depressing to see how close we got an actual game!

Last edited:

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
I wouldn't mind having seen a sequel to Burning Fight on the Neo•Geo Pocket Color; SNK could've had a great opportunity to reinvigorate that license and set it up as a successful series on their other hardware. :)

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Another 18 months and we'd probably have had many of the great SNK titles on the pocket.

What a shame that the NGPC doesn't have the continued support that consoles like the Jaguar had :(

pepharytheworm

Super Sidekicks 3
I really wish the Sega/Dreamcast partnership with the NGPC lasted longer. There was a couple of good Sega games and it would have been cool to see more Dreamcast sequels or ports to the NGPC like Evolution: Eternal Dungeons. A version of Skies of Arcadia would have been awesome. Agreed on the Beat-em-ups. But I actually would have liked more shmups to have been released . The only one I can think of was Fantastic Night Dreams: Cotton.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yes! And more killer options to use the DC/NGPC link cable... man, I wish both systems lasted longer.

Sonic Pocket Adventure 2. I actually prefered the original to every other Sonic game released after it, 2d or 3d. I loved the originals old school feel.
Also would have loved to see Shock Troopers on it too.
And i would have settled for a port of Crystalis, or even better, an all new sequel.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I know, it's based on the Mega Man arcade game that was like a big boss rush, I think. It's a shame that game is so rare and expensive, I'm a big Mega Man fan. Maybe it will get a 3DS eshop release.

I've given up hoping for eShop NGPC releases. I can't fucking believe that it hasn't happened yet.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Gunlord! Man would it be awesome if ng dev team did some ngpc ports of there games.
now this is a neat idea! But I guess there isn't enough money in the NGPC scene to justify the amount of work it would take.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
now this is a neat idea! But I guess there isn't enough money in the NGPC scene to justify the amount of work it would take.

I think it could work. Making a new pocket game has got to cost a lot less than an mvs or aes. The question is what would you be willing to pay for one? I could see spending $100-$200.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I think it could work. Making a new pocket game has got to cost a lot less than an mvs or aes. The question is what would you be willing to pay for one? I could see spending $100-$200.

id drop $100 on a guerrilla war port.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I would spend up to $100 for a game I wanted to play. Beyond that, I would likely pass. I would guess most other people aren't willing to spend more that that either. Neo Geo Pocket stuff has never been comparable to Neo home or arcade games in terms of price or what collectors are willing to pay. Except for a few exceptions, all NGP games are under $100, which makes me think people won't pay more than that for a homebrew.

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Here is my list of games that should have been on the Neo Geo Pocket Color:

Shock Troopers
SpinMaster or something
A sequel to Blue's Journey
Super Sidekicks

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
If someone ports Neo Drift Out, they can have all my money.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Neo Drift Out plays pretty great on a PSP or NGX if your were so inclined.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Neo Drift Out plays pretty great on a PSP or NGX if your were so inclined.
I need to get another PSP, so I can have my NEO fix on the go. The NGX will never set foot in my house unless I somehow get a free one :keke: