Looking for Wonderswan front or back light

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
So I posted this in the wrong forum earlier.

I'm trying to find out who or where I can get this done. I saw rose colored gaming but from what I understood they weren't doing mods on system sent in.

Anyone have any leads

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
No leads on that front, sorry, but that definitely sounds like a good project. Best of luck tracking it down - I'd love to see the outcome.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
So I posted this in the wrong forum earlier.

I'm trying to find out who or where I can get this done. I saw rose colored gaming but from what I understood they weren't doing mods on system sent in.

Anyone have any leads

I don't think I've heard of anyone doing this as a mod?
They are quite small and there's not a lot of space, it would be tricky to add a light and the power drain on a single AA battery.
I doubt that one of the light panels that you can buy off of fleabay would fit, so you'd have to try Xian-Xi's method of cannibalizing a DS front light film.
Then your next problem will be that most existing front light panels are probably using more than 1.5v as they will be designed for other handhelds that use 3v or more?
Even then I think it's going to be problematic.

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
I sent a message about where they got them from since they don't do commission mods anymore. No answer yet. I'm working on getting a gba and ngpc as well. Ebay has the gba that's my last resort though.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I sent a message about where they got them from since they don't do commission mods anymore. No answer yet. I'm working on getting a gba and ngpc as well. Ebay has the gba that's my last resort though.

Just because they don't have commission jobs doesn't mean they aren't doing them in house for their own inventory. They may have switched from a service model to more retail. Commission's make time management an issue. I was lucky enough to find them early on. My wonderwswan crystal was modded by Rose, and it's works great.

The challenge for me is finding games.

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
I was lucky enough to live in hawaii and raided toys n joys WS games inventory.

I read that they didn't have enough demand for the wonderswan to produce more. It was also too time consuming they said.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just because they don't have commission jobs doesn't mean they aren't doing them in house for their own inventory. They may have switched from a service model to more retail. Commission's make time management an issue. I was lucky enough to find them early on. My wonderwswan crystal was modded by Rose, and it's works great.

The challenge for me is finding games.

I wonder how anything gets sold on that site, everything has been 'out of stock' every time I check.

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
Well it makes sense why he stated "low demand for older products. " I know there was something on their Facebook page about a secret of mana II project. After reading that it makes me glad I didn't get one. I'll figure out about the screen and see if I can't get someone skilled to do it for me

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Oh god!
Sorry for providing the link. Please disregard people!

I would counter that thread with my own positive experience. That AA thread spiraled out of control.

My mods have all been top notch. The only thing is I warned him about was putting Rose Colored Gaming stickers in place of the ones from the factory for commission work. This forum would be quick to call it NGF type manipulation.

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
So I talked a bit and got some info about how to install a front lit screen into the swan crystal. Apparently it's easier than the NGPC