Sean3614 Cps2 Collection

Sean3614

n00b
Here are the cps2 board's I have in my collection so far.

20140808_2052231_zps7cf97aa1.jpg

Games in picture
Mega Man The Power Battle
Alien vs. Predator
Darkstalkers
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Dungeons & Dragons - Shadow Over Mystara
Street Fighter Alpha 2

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx53/sean3614/Cps2/20140808_2056211_zps23f0c7c4.jpg
Games in picture
Puzz Loop 2
19XX The War Against Destiny no label
Marvel Vs. Capcom no Label

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Nice collection you got going. Now that I will have a Supergun I can't wait to get some rad PCBs

Sean3614

n00b
thanks,
Mega Man The Power Battle for cps2 was a title I thought I would never get as it had a very limited run and you can't easy convert a game to it like progear.

Sean3614

n00b
Your Mega Man board looks like a ST board to me. :eek_2:

Blame, Capcom for killing a street fighter 2 turbo to make the game.

The board is legit as the eprom label's have RCM on them and Megaman the power battle ID is RCM95aA06-2

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Blame, Capcom for killing a street fighter 2 turbo to make the game.

Seems Capcom did this a fair bit. I have a few boards which have other labels underneath, and they are all totally legit boards.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
awesome collection. ive been looking into getting a super gun to collect for the cps2 and atomiswave. hope I can someday.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Wow, and they just pasted a mega man label over the ST one? haha

It was a very common practice by capcom. Why mess around peeling off and cleaning the area when you can just slap a new one right on top. At one point capcom decided to go full on lazy and didn't even bother with a label, ie mighty pang and eco fighters.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
My green Cyber Bots had a Darkstalkers label underneath when I got it. That was when I learned this was common practice at Capcom, lol.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Soon all your boards will belong to me:vik:

It was a very common practice by capcom. Why mess around peeling off and cleaning the area when you can just slap a new one right on top. At one point capcom decided to go full on lazy and didn't even bother with a label, ie mighty pang and eco fighters.

I'll take a capcom U.S in house conversion over a capcom South America conversion any day.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Wow I'd kill for a Mega Man Power Battle CPS2, funny it used to be a SF2Turbo board. My Tower of Doom was converted by Capcom it seems and it was a SF2Turbo as well, not sure the logic in it. TOD came out 2 years earlier than SF2T, wouldn't SF2T be a much better money maker for the arcade op than TOD? Maybe they had a surplus of turbo boards?

37f03ceffc3b791a7631b5ae1a2c93e5.jpg

Did eco fighters have an official label? I have an original Eco Fighters blue board that has a custom color label.

Last edited:

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Did eco fighters have an official label? I have an original Eco Fighters blue board that has a custom color label.
Green Ultimate Ecology carts typically have a small text label slapped where the big sticker usually goes. The Yellow rental boards however can be found with legit full color/glossy stickers (same art as on JP flyer).
-ud