Piwi's Collection

Piwi

Rugal's Thug
Hi Folks,

here some pics from my little collection.
Some Hardware Pics will follow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407482552.941762.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407482570.375582.jpg
5ebaru6e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407482580.475825.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407482591.459636.jpg

Last edited:

dondi

Crazed MVS Addict
Great Collection. Already seen on Nexgam! I like the US Slugs...

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Very cool collection, especially the NGDev releases. I also would like to know, how do you like Ghost Pilots compared to, let's say, Aero Fighters 2 or Strikers 1945+? is it worth it? I ask because I like a lot this genre, and want to buy Ghost Pilots (already have AF2 and S1945) but if it's not that good compared, I might pass.

Thanks!!

Piwi

Rugal's Thug
Thanks dondi ;)

@aha2940 - Unfortunately I can't compare GP to Strikers or AF2 because I haven't played them until now...but for GP I can only quote a part from the NeoGeoKult Review, which comes very close to my personal opinion:
Getting hit by enemy fire causes the immediate destruction of your plane. And all the same, the power-up and bombs collected get back to the standard level... what is the shit. Ghost Pilots is an asshole game. Yet it may be masochism, but it's still fun to play... provided you have cat reflexes. Nevermind what people say, this game is classy. The icing on the cake, is that it's quite long for an arcade shooting game. There are lots of stages, clearing the soft is hard as hell, bosses are fat at will and difficult to beat... A treat.
It's a very hard game and sometimes you think it is unfair...but nevertheless it's worth it :) Hope that helps.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thanks dondi ;)

@aha2940 - Unfortunately I can't compare GP to Strikers or AF2 because I haven't played them until now...but for GP I can only quote a part from the NeoGeoKult Review, which comes very close to my personal opinion:

It's a very hard game and sometimes you think it is unfair...but nevertheless it's worth it :) Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help Piwi. In fact, it sounds a lot like AF2 and S1945. You need cat reflexes, unfair as hell, some situations where it's plain impossible to escape, you die and lose all power-ups, 1-hit deaths...seems like my kind of game, LOL.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ghost pilots takes it to the extremes. The whole plane is a hit box. Strikers is much more forgiving. I like ghost pilots but it's just too long to sit through I one sitting. Think it takes like 7 hours to beat. J/K

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Last Resort, Viewpoint, LB1&2 could get me by for several months. Nice selection you have.

Oh, and nice to see a decent start to a homecart collection without the silly clear cases on them. ;)

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Great looking collection and you have already got some of the hardest to find games on MVS in TSS and NITD. Those just happen to be two of my favorite games on the Neo Geo. Enjoy!

Piwi

Rugal's Thug
My Gunlord, my LB2 :P

Indeed as you can see they are in good company ;)

Last Resort, Viewpoint, LB1&2 could get me by for several months. Nice selection you have.

Oh, and nice to see a decent start to a homecart collection without the silly clear cases on them. ;)

Thank you :)
Clear Cases ?! Way too much of a hassle to unwrap everything when I want to play the games ;) And they get played a lot :P

Great looking collection and you have already got some of the hardest to find games on MVS in TSS and NITD. Those just happen to be two of my favorite games on the Neo Geo. Enjoy!

Thank you :)

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
awesome collection. A lot of Englisch titles for the AES, have you bought them when they came out?

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
You might have a small collection but you have some killer AES games in there. That Viewpoint makes me really sad because I traded one in that nice condition back in 2005 for a Nintendo DS system with one game. At that time, Viewpoint complete was like a little over $100. Now it is like 6 times that amount. And well..you know how much an old Nintendo DS is worth now. One of the stupidest mistakes I ever made.