Metal Slug 4 English AES

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
I recently picked up a Metal Slug 4 English AES (and also Metal Slug X) and noticed that the "warning" page (first page after the cover) in the manual was yellow. Is this normal? The Metal Slug X and my other Metal Slug 3 both have a more orangish color to them, not yellow.

Does anyone have a legit copy I can compare to?

I'm pretty sure the Metal Slug X is legit based on the research I've done but I'm not sure about 4.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
SNK did a lot of weird shit back in the day.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
are you worried about the authenticity of the manual or the entire purchase?

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Well, I'm assuming if the manual is fake then the entire thing is. I also own the classic insert and sticker (purchased directly from the NeoStore), and I have noticed differences between those and the ones on Metal Slug 4. Some of the detail is higher on the classic insert. Don't know if that means anything or not, since from what I understand the classic insert was released much later than the original game.

I've read that the only "warning page" that isn't the same color is the King of Fighters 2000 (which is red). However, the one in the Metal Slug 4 manual I have is clearly a different color from the Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 3 I have. If this game is some sort of bootleg it would be the highest quality I've ever seen, and would pretty much make me quit buying AES games for good.

Last edited:

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Yes, MS4 comes with a yellow warning sheet in the manual, so there's no doubt about legitimacy on that point. Post some pics and we'll go from there.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
one questionable warning sheet doesn't make it a boot leg

open the cart to remove all doubt

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I have an original english ms4 and i am happy to compare pics.
Feel free to get in touch .
Also make sure to watermark any photos you are about to use...