Warlocks of the Fates Shinryu Senki NEO GEO PROTO 神竜戦記 new on youtube

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Warlocks of the Fates Shinryu Senki NEO GEO PROTO 神竜戦記 new on youtube

I can't imagine that this hasn't already been posted about, but I came across a 20 min.+ video of Warlocks on youtube.

Based on pics, I initially dismissed this game as pure crap (bad character art, etc.). However, in motion the music is pretty good (kinda Gouketuji flavor) and the animation pretty smooth. Have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-6q2q3rIA0

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
God with a lot of the music in the game I feel like I'm expecting the Daytona USA car to drive into the game.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
it definitely has an astra superstars vibe. id play it... buy a bootleg for $60 maybe.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Intro music definitely inspired by the techno Mortal Kombat song. Gameplay looks like shit and broken.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There usually is good reason why a proto game remains unreleased.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Intro music definitely inspired by the techno Mortal Kombat song. Gameplay looks like shit and broken.

The music for the story intro after character select drives me insane the most. More than the attract.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Wasn't a company working on this for release on the neo geo cd? I believe the company was called Neo Conceptional? What happened to that? The released Bang Bang Busters and Andro Dunos.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

That doesn't apply to all protos though. Ghostlop is a great game. BBB isn't bad. Totc(Fake Proto) is shit.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

Yep.

I remember watching this a few months ago. For one, the flying and player positioning on screen looked like a clusterfuck. I'd guess that h2h matches were a mess if one player just wanted to avoid the entire time.

actionking

n00b
Wasn't there also a photo of the cart in some retro game store in Japan (not for sale though)?

I think it looks quite nice. It's a fighting game and I would prefer this over some NG Dev games or something

actionking

n00b
Yeah, not a big fan of their games. Fast Striker was ok, but every good cave etc. game feels better.
And for me it's in general fighting games > rest :)

I would pay rather 500 $/€ wahtever for this Warlock game, than for a random Euro shmup thing.

But all imho ;)

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I would pay rather 500 $/€ wahtever for this broken piece of garbage game cause I think it's teh original tang, than for a game made with full effort and a lot of love.

Fixed.

I have to admit though the game looks kinda interesting albeit confusing as hell. What's with all the flying around?

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I have to admit, it's interesting and definitely different than any other fighting game on the Neo....it's probably a pile of shit though.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I have to admit, it's interesting and definitely different than any other fighting game on the Neo....it's probably a pile of shit though.

Thats why billy shitt needs it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Vanity's tit bouncing makes Mai seem like she has a flat washboard chest in comparison. Yeesh.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
It looks pretty awful. I wouldn't pay $5 for it much less, hundreds. Bleh.

Reminds me of mugen or something.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Thats why billy shitt needs it.

hahaha

I was in Japan last week and went to the Mandarake that has this. I think their copy is probably legit. Nicely hand drawn art, maybe an in house mockup. Whether their copy works or not we'll never know. Don't think there is any chance they'd sell it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
hahaha

I was in Japan last week and went to the Mandarake that has this. I think their copy is probably legit. Nicely hand drawn art, maybe an in house mockup. Whether their copy works or not we'll never know. Don't think there is any chance they'd sell it.

It just seems so silly to have something sitting on a shelf not doing anything for anyone. No play, no way. But whatever.