Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 210 of 210

Thread: Warlocks of the Fates Shinryu Senki NEO GEO PROTO 神竜戦記 new on youtube

  1. #201
    Windjammers Wonder
    Gummy Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Livin' the dream

    Posts
    1,387
    While it doesn't look like the best game ever, it looks better than Gowcaizer.
    Far be it from me to deny the Neo another title (as long as that music is switched...)

  2. #202
    Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!
    Fygee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Posts
    2,730
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    That's one hot potatoe man.
    SuperGun is actually Dan Quayle? Didn't see that one coming.

  3. #203
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummy Bear View Post

  4. #204
    щ(゚Д゚щ) Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Redmond, WA

    Posts
    21,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    SuperGun is actually Dan Quayle? Didn't see that one coming.
    too many protos
    no time
    for grammar

  5. #205
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    844
    Lible & Providence. Ah the drama!
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  6. #206
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by max 330 mega View Post
    it definitely has an astra superstars vibe. id play it... buy a bootleg for $60 maybe.
    There is 2 samples of this game was released for Jet Set Radio and Future Games.
    Listen to the music and you will find out.

  7. #207
    NeoSneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    St Louis , MO

    Posts
    9,838
    Steam: SnethSS ; XB:Sneth ; PSN:Sneth

  8. #208
    . sirlynxalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    US

    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by geladobom View Post
    There is 2 samples of this game was released for Jet Set Radio and Future Games.
    Listen to the music and you will find out.
    Checking out a gameplay video of Warlocks, I also hear a whoop that kinda sounds like the often sampled whoop from the drumbreak in Lyn Collins - Think (1972). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-t3BZyIWSQ

    This wouldn't be the first time this drum break was used on the neogeo as it appeared in Viewpoint in the boss music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVpx...evniit&index=5

    Viewpoint's level 1 music also samples this drum break, but just uses the drum samples and doesn't include the grunts and whoops.

    I also thought it was hilarious that this sample was even carried over to the sega genesis version of viewpoint https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r37J...67253D&index=4

  9. #209
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by sirlynxalot View Post
    Checking out a gameplay video of Warlocks, I also hear a whoop that kinda sounds like the often sampled whoop from the drumbreak in Lyn Collins - Think (1972). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-t3BZyIWSQ

    This wouldn't be the first time this drum break was used on the neogeo as it appeared in Viewpoint in the boss music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVpx...evniit&index=5

    Viewpoint's level 1 music also samples this drum break, but just uses the drum samples and doesn't include the grunts and whoops.

    I also thought it was hilarious that this sample was even carried over to the sega genesis version of viewpoint https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r37J...67253D&index=4
    Nice, well it seems Sammy and Alpha Denshi have something in common.

  10. #210
    . sirlynxalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    US

    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by geladobom View Post
    Nice, well it seems Sammy and Alpha Denshi have something in common.
    Forgot to add that the "whoo" in this drumbreak is actually none other than James Brown. I think it's kind of cool that even as a little blip in a remixed drum break, someone as big an icon as James Brown is literally playing from your neogeo (or sega genesis) cartridge.

    Here's more on the "whoo" and other grunts in the drumbreak
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo!_Yeah!
    Last edited by sirlynxalot; 02-02-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •