Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 205

Thread: Warlocks of the Fates Shinryu Senki NEO GEO PROTO 神竜戦記 new on youtube

  1. #51
    Mr. Big's Thug
    Shuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal

    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddon_jt View Post
    That may be true, but it just makes no sense to me.

    If you own this game with ZERO intent to sell it at "any amount," why the hell is it stored in the window of a game shop?
    Just so you can get your kicks showing it off to people?
    To get the interest of people. Some people will go to the shop to see it; and the kind of people looking for this titles are usually super hardcores with lots of money to spend, so they stop by the store to see the cart, then they see other stuff and buy the other stuff instead
    Shuri approved class acts of neo-geo.com:
    mjmjr25, alberto1225, Terot, Fox1 and at the top: Xian Xi

  2. #52
    They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    jiyugaoka

    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuri View Post
    To get the interest of people. Some people will go to the shop to see it; and the kind of people looking for this titles are usually super hardcores with lots of money to spend, so they stop by the store to see the cart, then they see other stuff and buy the other stuff instead

    Exactly.

    I walked into a McLaren dealership recently. There is an actual F1 car on display. Can I buy it?

    No.

    Does it pique interest, give people (hardcores especially) a reason to visit the show floor?

    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

    Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*


    "I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

  3. #53
    Armored Scrum Object
    ne7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    London

    Posts
    268
    Interesting!
    Since whoever made the vid helpfully completed the game I've popped the credits on the big neogeo credits list on the Wiki (see my sig) perhaps some of them worked on other neo titles... \o_

  4. #54
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

    Posts
    4,190
    Much nicer pic than what I was able to take. They seemed pretty set on people not taking pics.

  5. #55
    Creator of the Master List?br> Geddon_jt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    1,250
    That definitely makes sense assuming the owner of the game is also the store owner.

    One other possibility is that this is bait to lure out another proto for possible trade. Problem there is I can't think of any other unreleased proto that is worth trading for this one (it's definitely dumped, it's third party, and it's a fighting game).

  6. #56
    ネオジオ
    massimiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    On the green!!

    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    Much nicer pic than what I was able to take. They seemed pretty set on people not taking pics.
    Right, btw thanks Mahesak!
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

  7. #57
    Armored Scrum Object
    KRONOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY

    Posts
    268
    I'd love to see SNKP do a Kickstarter official cart release of this title.

    However, I get the nagging feeling that SNKP doesn't even have this or probably all it's Neo-Geo prototype ROM data anymore.

    It's true that Warlocks has pretty amateur character sprite renderings.. but all else looks decent enough. Games are meant to played and enjoyed by people. For all the work that went into Warlocks and to not have it available for people to buy in some form is such a waste.

    There's definitely a demand for these prototypes to get a commercial release either via physical ROM cassettes, CD-ROM, or professional file & emulator that SNKP is missing a $ opportunity by completely ignoring it's prototype games.

    I mean, why can't SNKP do a commerical Neo-Geo 64 emulator with ROMs and sell it through their webpage or a 3rd party distributor? I'd kill to have Off-Beat Racer.

  8. #58
    Mr. Big's Thug
    Shuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal

    Posts
    218
    Well.. l SNKP feels like it's actually ran by 3 guys smoking cigs in a small unventilated office with a dead plant somewhere in Hong Kong. They probably don't have the ressources to do this kind of stuff, and asian devs don't seem to hot on embracing the aftermarket communities at all. There's also all the legal tape issues that must be insane. They can't just release stuff randomly, they have to get permissions, make deals, etc. It's probably a huge ordeal for them.
    Shuri approved class acts of neo-geo.com:
    mjmjr25, alberto1225, Terot, Fox1 and at the top: Xian Xi

  9. #59
    Another Striker
    mahesak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thailand

    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by massimiliano View Post
    Right, btw thanks Mahesak!
    Your welcome, my friend just came back from Japan and took this picture for me. I am surprise a bit because I know this game doesn't release in any platform.
    "When I was young, I thought that money was the important thing in life ... now that I am old I know that it is" ..... Oscar Wilde said

  10. #60
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,400
    Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    I'd love to see SNKP do a Kickstarter official cart release of this title.

    However, I get the nagging feeling that SNKP doesn't even have this or probably all it's Neo-Geo prototype ROM data anymore.

    It's true that Warlocks has pretty amateur character sprite renderings.. but all else looks decent enough. Games are meant to played and enjoyed by people. For all the work that went into Warlocks and to not have it available for people to buy in some form is such a waste.

    There's definitely a demand for these prototypes to get a commercial release either via physical ROM cassettes, CD-ROM, or professional file & emulator that SNKP is missing a $ opportunity by completely ignoring it's prototype games.

    I mean, why can't SNKP do a commerical Neo-Geo 64 emulator with ROMs and sell it through their webpage or a 3rd party distributor? I'd kill to have Off-Beat Racer.
    If I was going to help fund an SNKP release for the Neo it would be for MOTW2 or LB3, not this piece of crap.

  11. #61
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

    Posts
    4,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    If I was going to help fund an SNKP release for the Neo it would be for MOTW2 or LB3, not this piece of crap.
    F-dat, Viewpoint 2.0

  12. #62
    Armored Scrum Object
    KRONOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY

    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    If I was going to help fund an SNKP release for the Neo it would be for MOTW2 or LB3, not this piece of crap.
    Warlocks is completed, maybe needs a couple of tweaks.

    MOTW2 has only a couple of blurry screenshots available (though I'd love to see this finished too).

    LB3 is vaporware; there's no evidence of any work having been done on it.

    Warlocks is the quickest/easiest way to get $.

  13. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL

    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    Warlocks is completed, maybe needs a couple of tweaks.

    MOTW2 has only a couple of blurry screenshots available (though I'd love to see this finished too).

    LB3 is vaporware; there's no evidence of any work having been done on it.

    Warlocks is the quickest/easiest way to get $.
    And where would the money come from? People won't want to pay for this shit with so many other much better options out there and the VERY FEW neo diehards that would actually put money up would not make it worth it in any way.

  14. #64
    Armored Scrum Object
    KRONOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY

    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Sazae View Post
    And where would the money come from? People won't want to pay for this shit with so many other much better options out there and the VERY FEW neo diehards that would actually put money up would not make it worth it in any way.
    It's true, it could sell poorly.

    But, Bang Bang Busters sold out. And, most NGEV Team releases have sold out too. Those companies would not have put up the production resources if there wasn't at least some $ to be made. Those games costs hundreds each.

    Kickstarter projects remove the investment risk by being prepaid before production. Obviously, if Warlocks garnered no interest, it'd go nowhere.

  15. #65
    Azura's Bladesmith
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Londo Ruins

    Posts
    3,528
    So am I hearing correctly that this game does exist and people have seen it? Because the master list does not have it labeled as confirmed cartridge. Is the one in the shop AES or MVS?

    This game looks quite shiteous. Everything about it just looks bad.

    bad art - check
    bad animations - check
    incredibly annoying music - check
    sound effects that make my ears want to bleed - check
    shitty un-appealing characters - check

    the only thing this game has going for it is that at least it has some original moves. Everything else made me want to gouge my eyes and ears out with a coat hanger.

    Probably best left out of the history of Neo Geo anyway. It will just bring shame upon the system.

    Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

    Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

    Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots


    [B]

  16. #66
    This is the hand that launched a thousand batches. 90s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    1,035
    The game does not look that great, but there are other neo games that are not very good either. If this ever received a commercial release, I would consider buying it, but it would probably be out of my price range anyways. Still would be nice if it happened one day though.

  17. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Germany

    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by actionking View Post
    Yeah, not a big fan of their games. Fast Striker was ok, but every good cave etc. game feels better.
    And for me it's in general fighting games > rest

    I would pay rather 500 $/€ wahtever for this Warlock game, than for a random Euro shmup thing.

    But all imho
    It is hard to compare NG Dev to Cave because Cave/Toaplan has a way more long history and experience than NGD.

    Speaking of Euro shmups however SöldnerX2 showed how it is done with unique gameplay and stunning music/graphics, on par with the best shmups ever made.


    And yes the music in WOTF is annoying as hell. It is no loss due to the ammount of fighting games on the Neo.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    99% of this site just read this and thinks you're trolling them.

    Not shure if you are trolling because he described exactly what many members on this site do, letting sit their games on the shelf and masturbating on them instead of playing them.
    Last edited by powerflower; 08-11-2014 at 04:17 AM.

  18. #68
    Rugal's Thug

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Glasgow / UK
    Posts
    95
    I'm sure someone could make a load of money off this. Shite like Treasure of the Caribbean and the like have shown that people on here and around the world will pay a lot of money for crap as long as they can put it on their shelf.

    It will never happen though, SNKP seem to have no structure or organisation and I am sure they probably could not tell you that this existed never mind find it and produce it.
    A signature? Couldn't think of a decent user name so how am I meant to think of a good sig?

  19. #69
    1cc my ASS!

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    BSG Headquarters

    Posts
    4,394
    Man screw you guys, I'm really hoping the roms become available some day just so we can get a clean rip of the music. It sounds so cheesy and so 90's! I love it.

    Looking at the staff roll, one of the composers credited for the game is Joe Rinoie. That name sounded familiar but I couldn't place it, but a quick googling led to the realization that he was the guy that did the song Synchronized Love for DDR. There's a fun little bit of trivia that absolutely nobody will care about.

    BBH's Waste of Bandwidth
    - now with The Super Spy!

  20. #70
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

    Posts
    4,190
    Quote Originally Posted by BBH View Post
    Man screw you guys, I'm really hoping the roms become available some day just so we can get a clean rip of the music. It sounds so cheesy and so 90's! I love it.
    Agreed. I think the music is probably the best part of that video. Maybe find Joe on twitter, see if he is willing or able to share the tracks.

    Edit: Twitter found https://twitter.com/muvrinoie
    Last edited by NeoTurfMasta; 08-11-2014 at 08:17 AM.

  21. #71
    Mr. Tater

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Xenia, OH

    Posts
    2,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    If I was going to help fund an SNKP release for the Neo it would be for MOTW2 or LB3, not this piece of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    F-dat, Viewpoint 2.0
    Screw you guys.

    Crystalis 2 all the way!

    Jon


    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

    I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

  22. #72
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    769
    It is stated a few times in this thread that "SNKP has no organization, their a mess, have no structure or power and cannot do anything anymore" well, not that I disagree, but obviously someone there still has some power or control because in another thread here wasn't it stated that they managed to get police to raid the offices of Square / Enix for alleged copyright violations?

    Obviously they can't be completely insignificant and powerless if they were able to throw their weight around like that?

    Also, regardless of the above, who really knows how much of the Warlocks game is owned by SNK & how much is owned by Astec21 or (as was mentioned before) if either one even has an actual copy of the game. So we could just end up running in circles with no idea of where to go and who to propose to. It's too complicated, I think. It's easier to just go another route.

    The copy of the game that is actually sitting in the store display case is more tangible. The kickstarter should be to raise whatever the funds are that the owner of the cartridge wants for the item and just buy it from them. Then at that point, the community either makes a production run whereas to help return the funds to the donors, or if "the heat would be too risky because SNK might sue, etc." then just dump the roms as shareware and everyone builds their own carts (if they want or can) or they contact those of us in the community that do that kind of work.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  23. #73
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

    Posts
    4,190
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    The copy of the game that is actually sitting in the store display case is more tangible. The kickstarter should be to raise whatever the funds are that the owner of the cartridge wants for the item and just buy it from them. Then at that point, the community either makes a production run whereas to help return the funds to the donors, or if "the heat would be too risky because SNK might sue, etc." then just dump the roms as shareware and everyone builds their own carts (if they want or can) or they contact those of us in the community that do that kind of work.
    Coming for the guy who cared nothing about the "community" when he sold Ghost Lop to the French. I will never forgive you for that and I won't let people forget it. A proto in your hands is a kick in the balls to the neo community.

    Jon, I know he's your friend and realize I totally respect you and I hate to talk about your friend like that. So I apologize to you for always saying shit.

  24. #74
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    Coming for the guy who cared nothing about the "community" when he sold Ghost Lop to the French. I will never forgive you for that and I won't let people forget it.

    Brian,
    You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. And you can choose to dislike me forever until the end of time and if I can never change your mind, then so be it. However. I have to say that what I may or may not have done or continue to do with my personal property is 100% my own decision and my right. Even I admitted that I was rushed & tricked with my decision making process when I had that game. But regardless of that, it was an item that I paid for and it was my choice to do whatever I wanted to do with it.

    With regards to this particular topic here, in the scenario I proposed, you wouldn't have to worry about me making a bad decision because I wouldn't be in control of the item anyhow. Shawn himself could be the one with the access and control of the escrow funds and he alone could then work with Jeff or whoever he chooses to get the job done.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  25. #75
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

    Posts
    4,190
    You know, I just re-read this pile of self-congratulatory shit and had an epiphany. A true moment of clarity. I now think that the sale to the French was the ONLY way the world would have seen this game. You're "bad decision" was based on you not keeping the game as Trade Fodder. When I had first read it I assumed you were remorseful of the sale because you didn't do what was best for the community. But I had it all wrong... Wow.

    So basically it comes down to this. You want to keep protos to yourself and use them as some sort of magical bait to lure protos away from their owners. You have no intention of releasing anything because it will devalue the protos worth. This is some crusade to do what you believe is right, that protos in your hands are safe and backed up. As long as you have them, its OK.

    Guys, this is why I have a problem with this guy. He is so delusional in his quest that he blinded to the truth and to what is the right thing to do. If you haven't read this http://culturaneogeo.com/ghostlopeng.htm, take about 5 minutes to go through it. One particular part zeros in on his delusions:



    Ok now, tell me if any of you IT guys have seen this picture before. I hadn't noticed it at first, but that is piece of old Word or Word Perfect clip art. Not some priceless artist rendition of an employee. I mean give me a break. To prove my point LINK. Scroll down to page 16.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •