Warlocks of the Fates Shinryu Senki NEO GEO PROTO 神竜戦記 new on youtube

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
That may be true, but it just makes no sense to me.

If you own this game with ZERO intent to sell it at "any amount," why the hell is it stored in the window of a game shop?
Just so you can get your kicks showing it off to people?
To get the interest of people. Some people will go to the shop to see it; and the kind of people looking for this titles are usually super hardcores with lots of money to spend, so they stop by the store to see the cart, then they see other stuff and buy the other stuff instead

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
To get the interest of people. Some people will go to the shop to see it; and the kind of people looking for this titles are usually super hardcores with lots of money to spend, so they stop by the store to see the cart, then they see other stuff and buy the other stuff instead

Exactly.

I walked into a McLaren dealership recently. There is an actual F1 car on display. Can I buy it?

No.

Does it pique interest, give people (hardcores especially) a reason to visit the show floor?

Yup.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Interesting!
Since whoever made the vid helpfully completed the game I've popped the credits on the big neogeo credits list on the Wiki (see my sig) :) perhaps some of them worked on other neo titles... \o_

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Much nicer pic than what I was able to take. They seemed pretty set on people not taking pics.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
That definitely makes sense assuming the owner of the game is also the store owner.

One other possibility is that this is bait to lure out another proto for possible trade. Problem there is I can't think of any other unreleased proto that is worth trading for this one (it's definitely dumped, it's third party, and it's a fighting game).

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'd love to see SNKP do a Kickstarter official cart release of this title.

However, I get the nagging feeling that SNKP doesn't even have this or probably all it's Neo-Geo prototype ROM data anymore.

It's true that Warlocks has pretty amateur character sprite renderings.. but all else looks decent enough. Games are meant to played and enjoyed by people. For all the work that went into Warlocks and to not have it available for people to buy in some form is such a waste.

There's definitely a demand for these prototypes to get a commercial release either via physical ROM cassettes, CD-ROM, or professional file & emulator that SNKP is missing a $ opportunity by completely ignoring it's prototype games.

I mean, why can't SNKP do a commerical Neo-Geo 64 emulator with ROMs and sell it through their webpage or a 3rd party distributor? I'd kill to have Off-Beat Racer.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Well.. l SNKP feels like it's actually ran by 3 guys smoking cigs in a small unventilated office with a dead plant somewhere in Hong Kong. They probably don't have the ressources to do this kind of stuff, and asian devs don't seem to hot on embracing the aftermarket communities at all. There's also all the legal tape issues that must be insane. They can't just release stuff randomly, they have to get permissions, make deals, etc. It's probably a huge ordeal for them.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd love to see SNKP do a Kickstarter official cart release of this title.

However, I get the nagging feeling that SNKP doesn't even have this or probably all it's Neo-Geo prototype ROM data anymore.

It's true that Warlocks has pretty amateur character sprite renderings.. but all else looks decent enough. Games are meant to played and enjoyed by people. For all the work that went into Warlocks and to not have it available for people to buy in some form is such a waste.

There's definitely a demand for these prototypes to get a commercial release either via physical ROM cassettes, CD-ROM, or professional file & emulator that SNKP is missing a $ opportunity by completely ignoring it's prototype games.

I mean, why can't SNKP do a commerical Neo-Geo 64 emulator with ROMs and sell it through their webpage or a 3rd party distributor? I'd kill to have Off-Beat Racer.

If I was going to help fund an SNKP release for the Neo it would be for MOTW2 or LB3, not this piece of crap.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
If I was going to help fund an SNKP release for the Neo it would be for MOTW2 or LB3, not this piece of crap.

Warlocks is completed, maybe needs a couple of tweaks.

MOTW2 has only a couple of blurry screenshots available (though I'd love to see this finished too).

LB3 is vaporware; there's no evidence of any work having been done on it.

Warlocks is the quickest/easiest way to get $.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Warlocks is completed, maybe needs a couple of tweaks.

MOTW2 has only a couple of blurry screenshots available (though I'd love to see this finished too).

LB3 is vaporware; there's no evidence of any work having been done on it.

Warlocks is the quickest/easiest way to get $.

And where would the money come from? People won't want to pay for this shit with so many other much better options out there and the VERY FEW neo diehards that would actually put money up would not make it worth it in any way.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
And where would the money come from? People won't want to pay for this shit with so many other much better options out there and the VERY FEW neo diehards that would actually put money up would not make it worth it in any way.

It's true, it could sell poorly.

But, Bang Bang Busters sold out. And, most NG:DEV Team releases have sold out too. Those companies would not have put up the production resources if there wasn't at least some $ to be made. Those games costs hundreds each.

Kickstarter projects remove the investment risk by being prepaid before production. Obviously, if Warlocks garnered no interest, it'd go nowhere.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So am I hearing correctly that this game does exist and people have seen it? Because the master list does not have it labeled as confirmed cartridge. Is the one in the shop AES or MVS?

This game looks quite shiteous. Everything about it just looks bad.

bad art - check
bad animations - check
incredibly annoying music - check
sound effects that make my ears want to bleed - check
shitty un-appealing characters - check

the only thing this game has going for it is that at least it has some original moves. Everything else made me want to gouge my eyes and ears out with a coat hanger.

Probably best left out of the history of Neo Geo anyway. It will just bring shame upon the system.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
The game does not look that great, but there are other neo games that are not very good either. If this ever received a commercial release, I would consider buying it, but it would probably be out of my price range anyways. Still would be nice if it happened one day though.

powerflower

Banned
Yeah, not a big fan of their games. Fast Striker was ok, but every good cave etc. game feels better.
And for me it's in general fighting games > rest :)

I would pay rather 500 $/€ wahtever for this Warlock game, than for a random Euro shmup thing.

But all imho ;)

It is hard to compare NG Dev to Cave because Cave/Toaplan has a way more long history and experience than NGD.

Speaking of Euro shmups however SöldnerX2 showed how it is done with unique gameplay and stunning music/graphics, on par with the best shmups ever made.

And yes the music in WOTF is annoying as hell. It is no loss due to the ammount of fighting games on the Neo.

99% of this site just read this and thinks you're trolling them.

:keke:

Not shure if you are trolling because he described exactly what many members on this site do, letting sit their games on the shelf and masturbating on them instead of playing them.

Last edited:

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
I'm sure someone could make a load of money off this. Shite like Treasure of the Caribbean and the like have shown that people on here and around the world will pay a lot of money for crap as long as they can put it on their shelf.

It will never happen though, SNKP seem to have no structure or organisation and I am sure they probably could not tell you that this existed never mind find it and produce it.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Man screw you guys, I'm really hoping the roms become available some day just so we can get a clean rip of the music. It sounds so cheesy and so 90's! I love it.

Looking at the staff roll, one of the composers credited for the game is Joe Rinoie. That name sounded familiar but I couldn't place it, but a quick googling led to the realization that he was the guy that did the song Synchronized Love for DDR. There's a fun little bit of trivia that absolutely nobody will care about.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Man screw you guys, I'm really hoping the roms become available some day just so we can get a clean rip of the music. It sounds so cheesy and so 90's! I love it.

Agreed. I think the music is probably the best part of that video. Maybe find Joe on twitter, see if he is willing or able to share the tracks.

Edit: Twitter found https://twitter.com/muvrinoie

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
It is stated a few times in this thread that "SNKP has no organization, their a mess, have no structure or power and cannot do anything anymore" well, not that I disagree, but obviously someone there still has some power or control because in another thread here wasn't it stated that they managed to get police to raid the offices of Square / Enix for alleged copyright violations?

Obviously they can't be completely insignificant and powerless if they were able to throw their weight around like that?

Also, regardless of the above, who really knows how much of the Warlocks game is owned by SNK & how much is owned by Astec21 or (as was mentioned before) if either one even has an actual copy of the game. So we could just end up running in circles with no idea of where to go and who to propose to. It's too complicated, I think. It's easier to just go another route.

The copy of the game that is actually sitting in the store display case is more tangible. The kickstarter should be to raise whatever the funds are that the owner of the cartridge wants for the item and just buy it from them. Then at that point, the community either makes a production run whereas to help return the funds to the donors, or if "the heat would be too risky because SNK might sue, etc." then just dump the roms as shareware and everyone builds their own carts (if they want or can) or they contact those of us in the community that do that kind of work.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
The copy of the game that is actually sitting in the store display case is more tangible. The kickstarter should be to raise whatever the funds are that the owner of the cartridge wants for the item and just buy it from them. Then at that point, the community either makes a production run whereas to help return the funds to the donors, or if "the heat would be too risky because SNK might sue, etc." then just dump the roms as shareware and everyone builds their own carts (if they want or can) or they contact those of us in the community that do that kind of work.

Coming for the guy who cared nothing about the "community" when he sold Ghost Lop to the French. I will never forgive you for that and I won't let people forget it. A proto in your hands is a kick in the balls to the neo community.

Jon, I know he's your friend and realize I totally respect you and I hate to talk about your friend like that. So I apologize to you for always saying shit.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Coming for the guy who cared nothing about the "community" when he sold Ghost Lop to the French. I will never forgive you for that and I won't let people forget it.

Brian,
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. And you can choose to dislike me forever until the end of time and if I can never change your mind, then so be it. However. I have to say that what I may or may not have done or continue to do with my personal property is 100% my own decision and my right. Even I admitted that I was rushed & tricked with my decision making process when I had that game. But regardless of that, it was an item that I paid for and it was my choice to do whatever I wanted to do with it.

With regards to this particular topic here, in the scenario I proposed, you wouldn't have to worry about me making a bad decision because I wouldn't be in control of the item anyhow. Shawn himself could be the one with the access and control of the escrow funds and he alone could then work with Jeff or whoever he chooses to get the job done.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
You know, I just re-read this pile of self-congratulatory shit and had an epiphany. A true moment of clarity. I now think that the sale to the French was the ONLY way the world would have seen this game. You're "bad decision" was based on you not keeping the game as Trade Fodder. When I had first read it I assumed you were remorseful of the sale because you didn't do what was best for the community. But I had it all wrong... Wow.

So basically it comes down to this. You want to keep protos to yourself and use them as some sort of magical bait to lure protos away from their owners. You have no intention of releasing anything because it will devalue the protos worth. This is some crusade to do what you believe is right, that protos in your hands are safe and backed up. As long as you have them, its OK.

Guys, this is why I have a problem with this guy. He is so delusional in his quest that he blinded to the truth and to what is the right thing to do. If you haven't read this http://culturaneogeo.com/ghostlopeng.htm, take about 5 minutes to go through it. One particular part zeros in on his delusions:

uUn78Iy.png

Ok now, tell me if any of you IT guys have seen this picture before. I hadn't noticed it at first, but that is piece of old Word or Word Perfect clip art. Not some priceless artist rendition of an employee. I mean give me a break. To prove my point LINK. Scroll down to page 16.