Fantasy Football?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I wish to thank most of the top teams and players for completely choking today as it was wonderful for my fantasy team :thevt:

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Well Marshall had 3 tds, so I hope you didn't swap him out. it was a good comeback/ 49ers implosion. I think that game had a lot of penalties. I'm glad the Seahawks lost. Sherman too ashamed to say anything after that game. glad I wasn't there in 120 degree weather.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Still a couple close matchups left in our league, will be interesting to see where they go.

I'm still stunned by that Seattle loss, thought this would be another running up the score affair for them.

noCLip

Camel Slug
im pretty screwed this week unless nick foles and vinitarie score like 100 and lesean mccoy doesnt score any lol

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Wow, these refs need to get their shit together. That Harvin TD yesterday where he obviously went out of bounds before going into the end zone was ridiculous that the call stood after reviewing the play. Same with the plays tonight with what should have been pass interference on the Eagles, turns into a turnover. Then the following play gets called a horse collar on the Colts, when the replay definitely showed otherwise. It's like watching that Packers vs Seahawks game with the replacing refs... These guys need to get their shit together, or maybe they need to make penalty/no penalty challenges

Last edited:

Phyeir

Wow, these refs need to get their shit together. That Harvin TD yesterday where he obviously went out of bounds before going into the end zone was ridiculous that the call stood after reviewing the play. Same with the plays tonight with what should have been pass interference on the Eagles, turns into a turnover. Then the following play gets called a horse collar on the Colts, when the replay definitely showed otherwise. It's like watching that Packers vs Seahawks game with the replacing refs... These guys need to get their shit together, or maybe they need to make penalty/no penalty challenges

I say double the challenges to 4 and only charge on the time out when it's within the last 5 minutes of either half.

That way you cut down on the use of them as free time outs during the crunch periods and you can catch more of this stuff. No one is perfect, this would just up the accountability.

noCLip

Camel Slug
I think every play should be technically under review by the ref in new York who views the challenges first. If he sees something thats obviously fucked up he can buzz it down and coaches wouldn't have to worry about it

I say double the challenges to 4 and only charge on the time out when it's within the last 5 minutes of either half.

That way you cut down on the use of them as free time outs during the crunch periods and you can catch more of this stuff. No one is perfect, this would just up the accountability.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Pls, Tw3ek doesn't even have a kicker. :keke:

Dude if two of my starters didn't pull out last minute, I would have beat you this week.... Wow it sucks working Sunday morning and having little time to check that shit.

Phyeir

I think every play should be technically under review by the ref in new York who views the challenges first. If he sees something thats obviously fucked up he can buzz it down and coaches wouldn't have to worry about it

Only problem with that is logistics. If everything is under review all the time, you will need to give, idk, 30 seconds between each play to give it a look? The pace of the game would start approaching baseball levels.

The challenge works because it allows for the questions but doesn't require a mechanism that becomes too overreaching. Just my opinion.

Also, they need to open up some of these things that can't be challenged. Looking at that time out call on the NYJ/GB game as an example, I don't think there was something they could have challenged, but had their been a way for Ryan to say look, I didn't make that time out, the play counts, that would have been the best answer.

noCLip

Camel Slug
I'm just saying if a play looks like it needs reviewed thet relay it down, not literally ever play, just ever play potentially could be reviewed from "upstairs"

Phyeir

Right now, AP is cleared to play on Sunday. But with all this pressure coming from our new criminal justice system (social media pages), we'll see if that can last through Sunday.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Not sure the best way to make sure that the right call gets made every time, but they really do need to fix this. In a season with only 16 games, one or two fucked up calls can have huge impacts on weather they make the playoffs or not. I have seen too many football games that get shitty/wrong officiating and it ends up causing the wrong team to win. I think most fans would rather see their team get their asses kicked with good officiating, than to see their team win because the refs got it wrong in their favor.

It's kinda funny looking back at how much people gave the replacement refs shit for bad calls, when the real ones aren't much better.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Right now, AP is cleared to play on Sunday. But with all this pressure coming from our new criminal justice system (social media pages), we'll see if that can last through Sunday.

I'd be amazed if either the NFL or Vikings don't end up suspending him before Sunday..... He's already admitted guilt, so it's going to happen eventually. Might as well get it over with at the beginning of the season, rather than have this hanging in limbo for who knows how long.

noCLip

Camel Slug
i cant imagine they can actually let him play sunday with all the heat the NFL is under

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
i cant imagine they can actually let him play sunday with all the heat the NFL is under

They damn well better, fuckin AP seems to have been a not-so-great draft pick. Again, NFL players! Stop touching stuff! Stop hitting people! You get millions of dollars to play sports, stop fuckin around!

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
NFL players! Stop touching stuff! Stop hitting people! You get millions of dollars to play sports, stop fuckin around!

The NFL should release a similar statement to this adding that they should stay sober (from illegal drugs at least) and get no DUI's, at least during the season.

Phyeir

Well, that lasted about 8 hours. Now the Vikings have barred AP from team activities.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I would have lost had Cutler and Marshall not made that comeback or if forte had a decent game. lots of injuries for week 2 though.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Well, that lasted about 8 hours. Now the Vikings have barred AP from team activities.

seriously though, if it was anyone other than Peterson , they would have been suspended until it was resolved. I say that the nfl should just draft rules that dictate what happens instead of leaving it to team discretion.

Last edited: