Ultra SF 4

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Fuck that, you and me Galf, let's play some SF4, which update do you have and for what system?

lol i have ultra for 360 and an expired xbl subscription

i'll play you soon though, i'll prob break down and renew sometime this weekend cuz i'm a bitch like that

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OK man, lmk when you wanna go, my tag is electricgrave, I dunno if we're friends on XBL or not yet.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Not sure if there's a thread but I didn't see it, if I missed it please disregard.

I'm just getting into 4, I played with Wes a few times but I'm ready to get into it, so I'm all up to take some beatings and get the hang of things.

electricgrave on both XBL & PSN

Ill add you on PSN...never been big on SF4, although i never really gave it a fair shot. Are you ever down for KOFXIII?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes! Down for XII too, I know people hate it but I find it extremely fun as a two player game, the system is broken but fun!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'll be making my triumphant return to XBL in a couple days (Ok, so I may not actually play 'til the weekend).

Anyway, I'm down for some Ultra if any o' you sonsobitches wanna throw down.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Let the good times roll, lmk when you're in. My tag is electricgrave on XBL and PSN.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
They finally patched the PS4 version of it and man is it a lot better now. It finally has the 1080p remastered facelift, the glitches and input lag are gone. The online seems fine for the most part, except when I fight someone with 1 bar (which is to be expected). I suck at this game right now because I haven't played much since SFIV original on the 360... lol. I did play SSFIV AE free with Games With Gold for Xbox Live a little bit, but I never gave it a proper try. I am mostly messing around with Juri right now.

Sancho025 is my PSN tag with PS3 and PS4. Funny how PSN is down right now. I guess I will practice, since I really should.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice, it's good to hear that the PS4 version is up and running the way it should. Is this game cross play? Can I play you with my PS3 while you're on PS4 on PSN?

Edit: I'm also just earning so we're both green, let's practice...togetha...to the choppah!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I'm gonna get it on ps4 soon...

bloody high claws all around!

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Sounds good. There's no cross-play with the PS3 on USFIV, but Guilty Gear Xrd does. I also have been playing Guilty Gear Xrd a lot more. The whole learning curve problem with it has finally clicked with me. I have been playing Chipp and Millia mostly.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I was playing Xrd with Craig cross play on PSN, it was pretty smooth, count me in for some of that too, haven't played it much but I played the original GG a lot, also X so I can still play with Sol and Potemkin some what.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Skullgirls came out on ps4 also!
I guess I'll get sf4 first...

Some ggxrd would be dope...

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Yeah, I passed on the Skull Girls pre-order deal for $20. I may pick it up in a month or so. There is too much on my plate as of right now. I still need to beat Batman Arkham Knight on top of all of this and probably going to start playing the Dark Soul's games later on since I really enjoyed Bloodborne. So much stuff to play before Phantom Pain in September.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I have never had my ass handed to me, ever so fucked up in a fighting game like Ultra SFIV!!! Fuuuuuck my life and shiat!!! Is this the only current generation game everyone plays nowadays or is my 34 years old-self catching up with me n'shit?!?!? I have never been sooo infuriated with a game... ever!!!! Can't win at it, but can beat ass at every other fighters before.

Edit: Playing Juri, like playing an SNK game BTW. I guess I will spam hadokens or some shit instead!!! To hell with it, i'll keep on going Juri with it!!!!

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SFIV in general has a very different timing on everything, not just combos. The new gen of people never played the other stuff and thus I think they might find it easier to learn. Us old dogs have to re-adjust to it, it's a learning curve but it's worth doing.

I started playing SFIV with Abel and Crimson Viper but I was getting floored, then when the Super update came out I started playing with DeeJay, also got floored, it wasn't until Arcade Edition that I found a better balance in my game, playing online helps tremendously and getting beaten is part of the process.

You may think you're a decent fighter in all of the other games but you've never had access to the different array of levels you find online, not even at a real arcade during the heyday would you be able to find so much top talent. Is this safety bubble people have been dealing with for years playing their thing either at home or at an arcade with people about their same level, you just never grow, now here we are in this day and age where everyone has access to play this games with one another and the real contenders just come from everywhere.

I could guarantee you that if you play some of the older games online you'll be right at the same level you are in SFIV.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I have never had my ass handed to me, ever so fucked up in a fighting game like Ultra SFIV!!! Fuuuuuck my life and shiat!!! Is this the only current generation game everyone plays nowadays or is my 34 years old-self catching up with me n'shit?!?!? I have never been sooo infuriated with a game... ever!!!! Can't win at it, but can beat ass at every other fighters before.

Edit: Playing Juri, like playing an SNK game BTW. I guess I will spam hadokens or some shit instead!!! To hell with it, i'll keep on going Juri with it!!!!

When I get it we can do some training mode online...