Ultra SF 4

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
I'm always down for some matches. I have a pretty solid Chun & Makoto, and a rather terrible everyone else.
XBL: Beanz0r

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
steam = tenebrain

Looks like there are lots of steam players on here so add me. First time on SF4 since '09 or something. Come and trash me, I play Bison mostly for now.

edit:

anybody here get a good connection on steam yet?

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I played a few games this morning and it seemed better than last evening but that could be anything.

Been playing decapre and not many people have figured out her mixup game yet so ive been winning a lot of games I probably shouldn't have. :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've been playing the 360 version and so far I feel is right up to par with AE online.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
It's only the Steam version that has issues. GG100Proof on XBL but I'm rarely ever on as I have an original model 360 that sounds like a jet engine. I main Boxer and Rufus but tinker with about 10 other characters. Enjoying Poison + Elena among the new blood.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Yeah the Steam update broke the netcode pretty much, they're working on it.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I don't usually like the new characters but i am really digging playing with Poison so far .

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
How's the new steam patch? Is it all good for connections or should I hold off till the official patch is released?

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It's better for me at least. Less "waiting for player" BS and fewer dropped or held over inputs but still freezes in the menus.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
If anyone wants any games on ps3, my psn is sammy_Galactic29(shoot me a friend request). So far i like playing with all the new chars except Rolento but i haven't used him but a couple of times. I wish they had given Dan some good buffs as his taunts just don't do it. Decapre is fun to use and has a crazy small hit-box which makes it hard for char to punish.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Steam has been up to speed in my experience. About as good as I remember the console versions being in SSF4 days, which isn't perfect. There's always people playing, and some of them are good.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Reading this thread makes me want to get this on Steam. I'm moving back to America next month, I think I'll be getting it. I'll post my name in here. I used to play all the time when Super Street Fighter IV came out... I wonder if I can even hang. Looking forward to it. Looking forward to being able to play online games with people in North America!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
What does everyone here think about OMEGA mode? It comes out next month and I think it's got potential to be supreme goof off mode. I'm still getting a hang of the basic game and having fun with that. Hopefully building a decent Vega at some point.

I assume two things, the novelty would wear out quick OR its a good base, ppl like the idea will think it shouldve been SF5 but more toned down lol.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Exactly.

I'm really looking forward to it. The biggest problem I have with SF4 is how so many characters lost new moves they'd gained in previous games like Alpha, SF3 and CvS2. They took a lot of steps back on that front and it was frustrating. When SF4 was announced, I was really hoping Ken and Bison would play close to how they are in CvS2 and was disappointed when they didn't.

Save me Omega mode.

RIP - PC players. Worst iteration of Ultra due to terrible netcode. Should be updated for you guys at some point, but probably won't be on the 360 level. PS3 is the middle-ground, lag-speaking.

XBL: xBulletToothTed

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I had not heard of Omega mode until tonight but after watching the trailer on youtube is it sort of like Street Fighter IV Rainbow Edition? I couldn't really understand what purpose it has aside from screwing around for a little bit and then playing something serious.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
RIP - PC players. Worst iteration of Ultra due to terrible netcode. Should be updated for you guys at some point, but probably won't be on the 360 level. PS3 is the middle-ground, lag-speaking.

XBL: xBulletToothTed

When did the netcode get bad? Did something happen?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
The 1.03 patch increased the tolerance for input delay. It can be annoying, but I've got online matches on PC that blow away anything I've ever seen on Xbox or Playstation. PC online with a good connection is the next best thing to the arcade game.
The problems with the PC version are with cheaters flipping between full screen and windowed mode to lag the game intentionally and opponents on machines that hiccup.
Sounds like a second hand opinion to me since he refers to PC players as "you guys."

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Hopefully the new pc patch gives you option of rebinding all the keys. Not being able to easily map the menu keys is shit.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The 1.03 patch has been working great for me on pc. Online is much better than ultra on day 1 and the beta patch. I'm just glad to actually be able to use Decapre's ultra 2 as originally intended.

Can't wait for Omega mode! Looks like it'll be a blast and SF4 needs some shaking up.

Last edited: