Illvelo (Illmatic Envelope) - Does it make sense to play ?

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Actually I am playing Illvelo (Illmatic Envelope) for the Naomi System. Actually I don´t have a clue if this game is good or bad, if it makes sense to play or not. Does anyone have any opinion about this game or have played it and don´t think it sucks ?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
now that i have my new Bios chip for my naomi i can try it out as soon as i get a tatable monitor. i take it from your post it doesnt play like a traditional shmup would or something?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Well, it's a Milestone game, so it isn't a traditional style anything really. It's a bit more developed and fluid than Radirgy. The scoring is intricate and really it's easy once you give it time, it's just like any shooter really, but the icons are so random it's hard to tell what does what - it's wilder than the Parodius series and the artstyle is sorta Jet Grind Radio / Graffiti / Anime mashup.

If you go in expecting it to be Psikyo or CAVE - then you'll think it's silly. If you go in open minded, you'll find it's a very well developed and challenging game.

This is the team that did Chaos Field, Karous, and the Radirgy series - great stuff.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Well, it's a Milestone game, so it isn't a traditional style anything really. It's a bit more developed and fluid than Radirgy. The scoring is intricate and really it's easy once you give it time, it's just like any shooter really, but the icons are so random it's hard to tell what does what - it's wilder than the Parodius series and the artstyle is sorta Jet Grind Radio / Graffiti / Anime mashup.

If you go in expecting it to be Psikyo or CAVE - then you'll think it's silly. If you go in open minded, you'll find it's a very well developed and challenging game.

This is the team that did Chaos Field, Karous, and the Radirgy series - great stuff.

yes exactly, thats what I am thinking about. First I thought this game is completely stupid, especially if you play Cave Shoothers or RF-Series before. Also its quite complicated to get a learning curve as the Items seems to appear random and evey few seconds you go in the "Bonus Round" if you fly over special other random icons. The game is chaos, but if you figure out to avoid these bonus rounds and get used to the special grafix, its quite fun to play. The boss-enemies are fun to battle and the game is quite easy for beginners. But I am not actually sure if this game will be my favourite for the naomi

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I bought the naomi cart about two years ago, and played it a lot at first. It looks and sounds great in my opinion, but it is hard to get into (and not in terms of difficulty). Has anyone ever made a decent strategy guide for it?

I've realized that I want to clear as many bonus stages as possible for multipliers and leveling up. These are sometimes a real pain in the ass though, since they require a bit of memorization and luck with your weapon selection.