SNK Playmore recruiting for new KoF

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Abandoning KOF13 was a mistake. It had enough room for improvements that could grant them releasing another version before moving to the next revamp. An additional set of characters, missing backgrounds from KOF12 and improved online mode would have maintained the game success for another year or two with minimal effort.

With 3D, I was hoping they would adopt the same graphics style of GG Xrd. Let's wait and see how this game turns out.

Shanadria

New Challenger
To be honest, Im expeting a Pachinko wannabe and not a real fighting game...

ITs sad, but...

benimaru7

New Challenger
I'd welcome a return to Kof in arcades or online. I hope they don't focus on pachinko and mobile. But I guess it's all down to profit. With the new Street Fighter coming out shortly it would be great for SNK to compete like they used to

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Unfortunately this is the first news we hear after 12 months
If SNKP maintain this cycle, you'll only have a reason to be glad again next year or so...

12 months? You missed a few tidbits then. The producer went out and said we are making a KOF game. Then the producer left whithin a month after that announcement for unspecified reasons. Then Playmore sent out the help wanted sign with one of the jobs being someone who can make a base engine the fighting game would work off of (like unreal engine 3 works for Guilty Gear Xrd). So that sent the speculation they're starting from scratch. This all happened this past winter. This new help wanted sign is probably the newest info in 7-8 months or so.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Here's hoping for a KOF that can get mainstream attention like the newer SF games... hell I would settle for a decently balanced and competitive KOF but being known outside of competitors and SNK fans would be great for Playmore.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I would be happy to see the older games with a good netcode before a brand new title with shit netocde. KOF XIII would have been the rival to Street Fighter IV if it had good netcode. A lot of top tier players were interested in it, but the lack of good netplay made them go elsewhere.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm ready to be severely disappointed.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Cynicism levels at maximum Captain.

Shanadria

New Challenger
I'm ready to be severely disappointed.

+10. The new KOF now, with the Chinese company, will be a complete dissapointment