Psiyko games...wow!

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
My buddy has been modding my old wii for me and I told him I'm into shmups. He put a psiyko emulator on there with a couple games and told me to try them out so if I liked them, he'd find more. I can't believe I hadn't heard of them before! Sengoku blade is awesome! I'm hoping they had other good shmups. Does anyone have any recommendations for titles by this company?

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Every game they ever made.

Strikers series, Zero Gunner Series, Gunbird series, Samurai Aces series, Dragon Blaze, Sol Divide, Cannon Spike. All ace.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Zero Gunner 2, if you have a Dreamcast check it out.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I’m partial to Gunbird 1+2, though the Strikers series, Dragon Blaze, Zero Gunner 2, and Sengoku Blade are excellent as well.
Sol Divide is worth trying for the lolz, reminds me of those old stop motion claymation flicks such a Golden Voyage of Sinbad.

Psikyo are some of the most brutal shmups around, many bosses require strict memorization or else you will not survive. To this day I’ve only cleared the first loop in 1 of their games (gunbird).

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Gunbird + Strikers 1945 Plus.

Top stuff.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I’m partial to Gunbird 1+2, though the Strikers series, Dragon Blaze, Zero Gunner 2, and Sengoku Blade are excellent as well.
Sol Divide is worth trying for the lolz, reminds me of those old stop motion claymation flicks such a Golden Voyage of Sinbad.

Psikyo are some of the most brutal shmups around, many bosses require strict memorization or else you will not survive. To this day I’ve only cleared the first loop in 1 of their games (gunbird).
Very cool. The few games I played were awesome (also had gunbird 1 and 2). Can't wait to try the rest!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What is this emulator? I want some.

man9child

Rugal's Thug
For the traditional shooter stuff, Strikers 1945 II is my favorite.

I always liked Cannon Spike on the Dreamcast, though. Areana shooter with melee attacks and capcom characters. It's been a long time since I've actually played it, can't say if it honestly holds up.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Cannon Spike on DC really shot up in price. I remember when it was a $10, now it seems to regularly go for +$75. I also haven’t played it in ages.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Cannon Spike on DC really shot up in price. I remember when it was a $10, now it seems to regularly go for +$75. I also haven’t played it in ages.

damn it's gotten that high? it was like 30 brand new at release. I've played it recently on the naomi, had a lot more fun with it than I did when I first played it on DC.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Since we've got a Psikyo topic going, anyone try Zero Gunner 1? I've never had a chance to play it.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Gunbird 2 is the king of psikyo. You need no other game from them.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Sengoku Blade is an awesome horizontal Psiyko game...but fairly brutal to learn (at least, that's my experience with it). It definitely is not a forgiving game when it comes to continues. You mess up, and it makes you redo the entire stage. Definitely one of those games you have to try and one credit as much of it as you possibly can.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I was thinking the same thing.

Psikyo was so great. Man I miss them.

He'said using wii flow to gain access to the 3d covers to look slick. It has a shit load of emulators within it that I believe are mostly retroarch. The 2 that got me excited were the psiyko and pgm emulators

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
I haven't played a lot of their Shmups but Gunbird 1+2 are awesome and the Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings games are awesome, which were done by developers who went on to form Psiyko. Strikers 1945+ is on the top of my MVS want list.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I haven't played a lot of their Shmups but Gunbird 1+2 are awesome and the Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings games are awesome, which were done by developers who went on to form Psiyko. Strikers 1945+ is on the top of my MVS want list.

good call! Video System did have some fun games, flying lamborghinis anyone?

tfor-1.png

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
never understood the appeal behind gunbird.
zero gunner 2, yeah, that game plays like fine wine.