Psiyko games...wow!

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Besides the quality of Psikyo games...I also like the fact that a majority of them (at least used to be) very affordable for PCBs. I have Tengai & Strikers 2 and they are just great games for the price. Everything seems to be going up though in price, and it's getting hard to come by a Strikers for under 100 now. Sigh.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm

^Xoxak Review is not to be missed!

I agree, psikyo has some of the best shooters if you are on a budget (Raiden too for that matter).
I’ve been playing Gunbird 2, what a ruthless game. If I’m lucky enough to get to stage 6, the boss obliterates me...
never mind the trumpet playing elephant in stage 7 :loco:

Two small disappointments about the Gunbird 2 PCB, for some reason the music in the attract demo is absent, maybe it was added for the DC port. Also, no Morrigan.

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Xoxak appreciation derail:

This might be my favorite Youtube review ever. Pure gold.

On topic: Shiny piles of gold.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Two small disappointments about the Gunbird 2 PCB, for some reason the music in the attract demo is absent, maybe it was added for the DC port. Also, no Morrigan.

In regards to the silent attract mode... have you checked the Test/Service menu? Many PCBs have the option to disable audio during attract modes. Psikyo's PCBs normally have a bevy of options to go through.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Yeah I turned Demo Sound ON, but it only affects the actual demos of gameplay, I think the catchy music might only be in the port, or something is wrong with my PCB :(

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Yeah I turned Demo Sound ON, but it only affects the actual demos of gameplay, I think the catchy music might only be in the port, or something is wrong with my PCB :(
thats normal. If in every arcade the music in attract mode is playing, you would get crazy :) Just SFX for "attracting" the people

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Xoxak appreciation derail:

This might be my favorite Youtube review ever. Pure gold.

On topic: Shiny piles of gold.
nice review, but the game is from Takumi I assume and not psikyo, or ?

BlueBMW

New Challenger
I played quite a bit of Strikers 1945+ on the MVS and it seemed pretty good. I played a little bit of Gunbird 2 but it didnt grab me as much for some reason. I seem to always gravitate towards some of the Raizing games. To this day my favorite shootie seems to be Mahou Daisakusen. I know there are better games out there but I like that one.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Mahou is top notch - are there better games, of course that's subjective, but it's certainly in my top 10.

Gunbird 2 is excellent. As typical, the chaining medals takes a ton of practice, particularly where they are revealed in fast succession. Remembering the location of the hidden ingot spewers is never easy either. Luckily they are posted in various strategy threads - but it's always nice when it become second nature. I typically enjoy Gunbird 2 after about 20 runs when it starts to click again.

thrall

bhrall,
Every game they ever made.

Strikers series, Zero Gunner Series, Gunbird series, Samurai Aces series, Dragon Blaze, Sol Divide, Cannon Spike. All ace <<< I Concur absolute Ace