Thinking about sending my monitor chassis our for repair

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

I'm not getting anywhere with my MS8-29 chassis, and I was referred to JB Monitor Repair, by Todd Tuckey (the guy that does the TNT infomercials) Didn't know if anybody had any experience with him, or if you think it is worthwhile to send a chassis out to be "diagnosed" by someone like that.

If anybody has any better references here, or ideas on what to do that would be great!

I've got the chassis pulled and am ready to send it out, just looking for any wisdom on this before I take the plunge.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
No, who is that? just googled them found lots of junk

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Thanks man:buttrock::buttrock:

I'm in total tate withdrawal at the moment. My Astro was good for a while after replacing some caps, but then a couple of months later it had the same issue again.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Here's the link to the guy Kid Panda mentioned: http://www.arcadecup.com/

Seems like a really solid guy from talking to him on the phone, unfortunately he doesn't have the correct tube to work on my MS8-29FSG

Still looking for any good contacts if you have 'em

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Thanks ReplicaX!

I called him up and I'm going to drop it off later today

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Thanks ReplicaX!

I called him up and I'm going to drop it off later today

Quan of East Coast (not Quan of the Omega) is a good guy.

I did that not to confuse ppl. Both Quans are cool in my book.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
UPDATE!

Got my chassis back from East Coast Amusements yesterday. Total repair cost was $95 parts/labor and as you can see Quan did a fantastic job!
20140817_014158_12_zpsphzytxqv.jpg

Now it's looking better than it ever has and I know where to go whenever I run into monitor trouble in the future. Big thanks again to ReplicaX for the referral!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
UPDATE!

Got my chassis back from East Coast Amusements yesterday. Total repair cost was $95 parts/labor and as you can see Quan did a fantastic job!

Now it's looking better than it ever has and I know where to go whenever I run into monitor trouble in the future. Big thanks again to ReplicaX for the referral!

Awesome man, looks great!