aoiddr's Arcade Collection

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Sega Astro City cab with a stand beside it holding a Naomi 1 (running Marvel Vs. Capcom 2), Naomi 2 (running Net Dimm), and my various CPS2 games, Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting CPS1 PCB, and Taito F3 with Darius Gaiden, Mame PC, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 PCB (MVS 1FZ also visible in this picture):
20140707_181640_zps5cc28e1e.jpg

Inside my cab:
Namco System 256, 2in1 Jamma Switcher, Xexex, Twinbee Yahho!, Parodius Da!, Gokujyo Parodius, Sexy Parodius, Mr. Driller G, MVS 1FZ (with Twinklestar Sprites in the slot), and Sega ST-V (running Cotton 2):
20140802_203726_zpsb9d894a6.jpg

Inside my cab, without the Sega ST-V board blocking the view:
20140802_203656_zpsbb7fbd1f.jpg
[/URL]

Shelf with Taito F3 carts, Jaleco Mega System 32 carts (Tetris Plus 1 & 2), X-Men, Salamander 2, and Namco System 11/12 games (Soul Calibur and Tekken):
20140802_202908_zps85accc7c.jpg

Namco 246/256 games and Sega ST-V carts:
20140802_203153_zps5d6afd28.jpg

*NOTE* This is not a for sale thread, please don't ask. *NOTE*

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Amazing stuff and I really like your CPS2 storage.

The inside of your cab would drive me nuts but it obviously makes sense to you.

Do you worry about those PCB's on edge like that? I know there are all kinds of theories and those NAMCO PCB's are pretty small / firm.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Thanks for the compliments. ^_^

The inside of your cab would drive me nuts but it obviously makes sense to you.

I have a 5 slot metal mail sorter in the right side of the cab and put some comic book back boards on the slots (smooth side out) to make sure the solder side of the boards don't ground out or scrape against (the boards all have pcb feet as well). I put my 5 most-played shmups in that.

I also made a little wood shelf that fits on top of the shorter and I have my Mr. Driller G on that.

The Namco 256 is on a little raiser so it's not touching the power supply, and has a wood board that it sits on for support. I have this set-up so it's on its own power supply with its own unhookable power cord that goes out the back of the machine. I mainly have this inside the machine since I took the top of the case off so I could easily swap the cables between DVD-Drive based games and HD-drive based ones.

The only thing that I've not really been able to figure out a good solution for is the "Mike's 2-in-1 Jamma Switcher" that I have. It doesn't have any holes in the PCB, so it's not mountable...it just kind of hangs there. So I have a Jamma extension cable going from the main machine jamma and looped over the monitor's metal frame so it just hangs in mid-air.

If I wanted to take any of the PCBs out of the machine, it mainly involves pulling the ST-V board out, taking that Mr. Driller Shelf off (maybe taking the MVS out since it just sits on top of the metal coin shoot), and then lifting the boards up and pulling them out.

Do you worry about those PCB's on edge like that? I know there are all kinds of theories and those NAMCO PCB's are pretty small / firm.

For the PCB's on the shelf, what I did was take plastic file folders/three ring binders and cut them up so that they would fit on the solder side of the PCBs. To attach them, I just used a small hole punch to make holes in the plastic and then small zip ties to attach them to the board (you could also just screw PCB feet back onto the boards, if you wanted). I was able to do all my Namco PCBs this way that I had on that shelf. This boards work really well for this since they are able to stand up on their own and don't topple over easily. I want to do a couple of my other PCBs like this when I have the time and can find the right plastic to cannibalize.

To power the games outside the cab, I use a Jamma extension cable and kick harness that I run out the cab from the coin shoot door.

To coin up the games, I have a microswitch rigged under where the coin drop would be under the control panel (the coin chute is just moved slightly out of the way, so it's easy to put back, if needed) with the wires running down and connecting to the wires on the coin door. On top of the microswitch is a 100 yen coin, so I just press the coin to add credits instead of putting in coins.

About the only thing I haven't done so far to my machine is add Stereo to it, but I'll get to that eventually. Gotta have a future project...

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Awesome collection, and really great job with the organization.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Couple of new pictures of my set-up since it's been a few months:

20150117_080027_zps77c9d6d0.jpg

20150117_080054_zps441e4fb6.jpg

Inside my cab (2in1 Jamma Switcher in back, MVS, Namco 256, ST-V, and the Jamma boards are... Parodius, Gokujou Parodius, Sexy Parodius, Twinbee Yahho!, and Xexex)
20150117_075759a_zpshfuvykyh.jpg

Taito F3 (with Arkanoid Returns installed), CPS2 games, Naomi 2 (with Net Dimm), Naomi 1 (with Marvel vs. Capcom 2):
20150117_054159_zps9f93d59c.jpg

Taito G-Net, more CPS2 games, Susume! Taisen Puzzle-Dama PCB, Taito Type-X, Tobe! Polystars PCB, Analog 573 (with Fisherman's Bait: Marlin Challenge reel controller):
20150117_054412_zpsef43d38b.jpg

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
great great stuff.

it's just too bad there's no Layer Section on that F3 collection :/

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Good collection ;) I never seen so many games in the same time in a cab.
Not sure if this is a good idea.

Maybe you already know but you can use PS2 game case to place your System 246/256 games.
There is a place dor the DVD and a place for the dongle (the dongle is exactly the same size as a memory card).

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Good collection ;) I never seen so many games in the same time in a cab.

Maybe you already know but you can use PS2 game case to place your System 246/256 games.
There is a place dor the DVD and a place for the dongle (the dongle is exactly the same size as a memory card).

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Mad jealous of your setup. One day I want a good PCB collection like that.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
great great stuff.

it's just too bad there's no Layer Section on that F3 collection :/

I can play Rayforce on my Taito G-NET, so I'm okay not having an F3 cart of that one.

I never seen so many games in the same time in a cab.

Only one or two are hooked up at the same time, and my cab is only on for like 30min~an hour. Since I'm constantly coming back to play those Konami shmups, though, keeping them inside the cab at the ready makes a lot of sense got me. And not having to handle them (or find a place to store a board as big as Xexex) made sense.

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I wish I could find a Candy type cab somewhere close by.

Yeah, they're really hard to find on the East coast. My candy cab originally belonged to Outkast over on the shoryuken forums. I had it shipped cross country from California.

Last edited:

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Lovely arcade collection. Deserves a dedicated room on its own :)

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Lovely arcade collection. Deserves a dedicated room on its own :)

Yes, it's kind of in the upstairs living room as that's the only place for it. So while I'd love to have add another candy cab with a vertical monitor, there's just not the space for it. I do plan to mount a rotatable monitor to one of my walls and finally finish a corner so I can play Pop'n Music and Beatmania (and use it for any supergun needs).

Last edited: