Beast Busters : Second Nightmare

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Has anyone ever attempted to use a controller on this board vs light gun? It's something I'd love to have, having played the game numerous times back in the day, but the wife would never let me have a stand alone light gun cabinet in the house for one game.

Searched, but didn't really come up with anything

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Well, it would have to be an analog controller if anything....well that's if Beast busters isn't wired like actual light gun games but an analog controller that just scrolls on a track.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
was just about to say beast busters doesnt actually use light guns but huge guns on joystick mounts but someone beat me to it. carry on.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Haha I may have posted in there. Call it an ongoing project I keep forgetting to start. Thanks again for leaving the link (and doing all the legwork to do the pinout diagram!)

I really have to buckle down and do this soon. Loved beast busters

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Terminator 2 works the same way, I remember seeing some guy doing a similar hack for it

chrisg

n00b
Hi All,

I'm trying to resurrect a BBSN system - I've got all the boards and the guns, but no monitor. I've got everything seemingly working, it boots up and I get sound and lights... but I can't make sense of the video.

I've tried feeding the video into a vogatek supergun to output it as scart. Zip. I've tried using a gonbes vga converter, again zip. But the connections are good and there IS a signal on the lines (checked with a voltmeter). And when I hack it into an old CRT, there is a discernible picture there, just massively out of sync.

So.. do you recall BBSN having a weird video signal? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Halaga

n00b
A bit late on a reply but my BBSN cab outputs a standard res 15Khz signal, swapped a few arcade monitors into it, all displayed fine.