Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I retract the name I had listed.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
This guy right here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?58846-lolifoxgirl

Came in and pretty quickly started a buying spree, really gearing up towards the more expensive and collectible carts that go for a ton on the resale market.

I haven't been in chat in a while but the guy is usually there 24/7 (when he's not working at ColdStone keke) shooting the shit with most folks. I mean, his conversations often aren't my cup of tea but he at least has made an effort to learn and he doesn't seem to be a flipper (yet). There are worse offenders out there, most of which have been taken care of already. Maybe keep an eye on him but this one is a stretch.

Hell, I think a few have their eye on you too. :glee:

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'll vouch for Loli too, he bought a bunch of my games and has played them more than I ever did.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
loli isn't a flipper, I think he's only ever bought stuff here. Bought some stuff from me too.

Plus, I have seen him post outside the marketplace.

Careful where you're pointing the guns, guys.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Careful where you're pointing the guns, guys.

Very true but it is encouraging a healthy debate.

Take loli for example, ki and Gohan's thumbs up carries some weight with me. More than looking at feedback from people that may or may not have lost Marketplace privileges. We all have to start a rep in the Marketplace but when I click on some peoples feedback in the past, I don't recognize many of the names. Not saying that's the case with loli. I'd imagine loli feels better knowing people has their back;)

If I use the free Marketplace I have no problem being scrutinized and being held accountable.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
No one is getting deep-sixed based on grudges, motivation or without ample examination of their history. Even guys who have scoured the market for years aren't getting killed off if they were formerly VERY active or brought something to the site to justify keeping them around.

Even just BUYERS aren't getting completely pulled necessarily, based on their patterns. There are plenty of lurking buyers I kept based on their behavior over the past and whether
they're actually using the rest of the site.

(Example: People who only buy but lurk for significant amounts of time in other forums. General, Gameplay, Arcade, etc.)

Not everyone is social and we recognize that.

We're getting rid of people's rights to access the market if that's the ONLY thing they're here for. If they're just churning, marking up or "retailing" there without actually doing anything with the rest of the site. Even some of those "retailers" aren't getting the axe.

Some of them are worthwhile, benefit the site by actually being here and have established relationships with members above and beyond "buy my shit after I check the price guide or ebay."

This may be the 300th time I've typed this out but we want to be extremely clear on this point.

Yes, we can track where people are going on the site. No, we can't read PMs or personal info. We are using that as a tool to do some of this.

If the hope by the people removed from the market is that this is going away in a week, it isn't. I'm not even going to look back at the list for a few weeks and then I will review their activity. There is no "auto-unlock of market after xxx posts" mechanism in place.

The whole point of this is to get rid of the dead weight or people who are exploiting this site for greedy, self-serving financial reasons. As long as someone brings SOMETHING to this site of any substance, they're getting a pass and a warning PM.

International suddenly perked up, some of these guys who haven't posted outside of (much less clicked) the market have suddenly shown up somewhere else. When is the last time the markets went this long without a "PM SENT" bump while gameplay, collection galleries and general actually picked up a bit.

I gave some advice to these folks on how to pick up their activity and I've gotten some hilarious responses.

"I'm antisocial" - Great, jump into the scoring contests or post your collection. Take some pics of the rare stuff you own.

"I don't know much about the neo" - WHY DID YOU COME HERE? GREED! Ask questions. Discuss other games. We have an entire sub dedicated to online gaming, another to arcade games, one for handhelds. Unrelated is the most popular sub on the site.

"I'm too old to talk to teenagers and trolls." - Tech support has years of unanswered questions that people like them could probably answer.

"I'm scared of contributing, you guys have a bad rep." - Yes, we're a bit cagey but it's not like several of us don't heavily patrol the site. Expect a little blowback if you're clearly posting to get your market privileges back. You've been taking advantage of this community for years, here's your time to pay up a bit. If it's egregious and ridiculous, one of us will step in. If you can't take a little razzing from the intar-woobs, forums aren't for you.

"I don't care, I only want the market. This place sucks." -Great, GTFO. We're glad to see you go.

Will this impact the market? Probably a bit. You're going to see a drop in activity but that will benefit all of us in the long run.

If you're a good buyer/seller, stick around and contribute, we've eliminated your competition for you. A few weeks of pain will pay off handsomely. I hate that but it's a good justification for some of these folks.

If you're a dedicated member, you won't have to worry about newbs and whores scooping free stuff, raffles and good deals from members who have earned their place here.

If you're a non-market member, we've just injected some new life into the forums.

If you're a tech forum junkie, there may be an flood of new tech info coming in.

If you're a troll, you're getting some good drama.

In the long run, this is good for the site. Period. There are a few other changes possibly coming that should impact the site positively.

Stay tuned.

Tacitus

Staff member
Quick stat:

Roughly 110 people were market restricted in 48 hours. Those were people that JUST visited the market and nothing else.

Think about that. 110 people visited this site and only posted sales, lurked in the market for 30 minutes or more, or have a history of whoring/sponging free shit here.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Quick stat:

Roughly 110 people were market restricted in 48 hours. Those were people that JUST visited the market and nothing else.

Think about that. 110 people visited this site and only posted sales, lurked in the market for 30 minutes or more, or have a history of whoring/sponging free shit here.

This is worse than I would've expected. :eek:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I like the fact that this forum has a mod encouraging people to troll.

Tacitus

Staff member
I like the fact that this forum has a mod encouraging people to troll.

There is a fine line between a good troll, forum funstering,what gives this place its unique personality and worthless spamming horseshit.

Tacitus

Staff member
This is worse than I would've expected. :eek:

Keep in mind, I only grabbed these people by them visiting the market. I didn't scour the user accounts. I simply sat here collecting who was visiting the sales forums and clicking through for a signficant amount of time and working from there.

The excuse "I wasn't in the markets" hasn't been uttered once because they know they were. Important to note.

Tacitus

Staff member
Here is a great example who JUST got the axe:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?39718-Ninja-X

Join Date: 08-17-2011.Last Activity: Today 05:29 PM.Blog Entries:0 .Wiki Articles:

Member for almost 3 years exactly.

Has 1 post outside of the market.

Was found browsing the sales forums for a bit. Grabbed him at 521. At 522pm he logs out because he got the login/no permissions prompt. He signs BACK in to continue browsing the market, figures out he lost privileges and ACTIVELY clicks logout and leaves the site entirely.

There are tons of these types that I've sniped in the past 3 hours.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
That's cool with me, anything is understood.

-I had my reasons for why I listed that name

If there are other reasons, by all means, spill it. However, it's obvious that it's not just me willing to stick my neck out for the guy. Keep an eye pealed? Sure. Bang the gavel down with a guilty verdict judge Judy style just cuz you say so? Not yet, need more info.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
If there are other reasons, by all means, spill it. However, it's obvious that it's not just me willing to stick my neck out for the guy. Keep an eye pealed? Sure. Bang the gavel down with a guilty verdict judge Judy style just cuz you say so? Not yet, need more info.

Seconded. Lolifox seems like a cool dude/chick/whatever both here on the forums and in Slashchat. If there is some reason to think otherwise, then let's hear it. Otherwise what was the point of posting their name? Loli doesn't ostensibly seem to be doing anything wrong. Certainly likes to hang out and talk about games. If Loli is flipping on the sly or something, then show your cards.