The Kung-Fu Flick Thread: Your Recent Pickups and Favorites.

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
So many awesome sounding Kung-Fu movies here, and so little time to watch them all. I started IP Man 3 times now, at like 3am every time and fell asleep. It seems pretty good. I really need to finish it.

Does anyone else have, or seen Shaolin vs Lama? I think it's great. Maybe I am not a learned in the arts of kung-fu movies as some of you guys.

Arcade Legends, you collection is Ridick. I would love to check that out in person. I must admit I am pretty jealous. Is that large open area in front of the television for practicing your moves during films?

I suppose it could be used for that. I do not study martial arts though. Just enjoy the films. That pic is standing right behind the couch so it's not as open as it looks.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So many awesome sounding Kung-Fu movies here, and so little time to watch them all. I started IP Man 3 times now, at like 3am every time and fell asleep. It seems pretty good. I really need to finish it.

Does anyone else have, or seen Shaolin vs Lama? I think it's great. Maybe I am not a learned in the arts of kung-fu movies as some of you guys.

Arcade Legends, you collection is Ridick. I would love to check that out in person. I must admit I am pretty jealous. Is that large open area in front of the television for practicing your moves during films?

Shaolin vs Lama is tight...I really like the Lama villain when he beat the shit out of that woman & then ultra beatdown on the monk. That probably is one the greatest ass-kick of all time.

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
Just watched Opium an the Kung Fu Master. Ti Lung stars so that's a plus. Some decent fight scenes. Wayyyyy sappy on the melodrama. A pretty effective anti-drug PSA stuffed in a martial arts movie. Up next, Shaolin Hand Lock! Finally tracked down a reasonable priced dvd.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Shaolin Handlock is ok old school flick but the kung fu is pretty crappy. Pretty brutal fight at the end. Shaolin Handlock is probably one of the lamest moves...David Chiang really carries the film though, you should check out The Loot, really awesome David Chiang film w/ Phillip Ko.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Looks overdramatic & cheesy...I really cant stand most Thai film acting & language.

I got a bunch of movies coming in today!

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
Looks overdramatic & cheesy...I really cant stand most Thai film acting & language.

I got a bunch of movies coming in today!

I agree about the acting in Thai movies, but in this case I think it'll hardly matter. We will be there for the extreme and inventive violence.

It is not out yet greedostick.

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
Just watched SPOOKY ENCOUNTERS with Sammo. It starts of so poorly I almost stopped watching. Luckily I stuck around as it gets much better in the second half. Starts off as a horror/comedy with silly fights. Some great ones in the second half including one of the best final scenes ever!

Now on the THE POSTMAN FIGHTS BACK with Chow Yun Fat. I'm on an 80's HK kick right now. WINNERS & SINNERS next probably.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Been watching Marco Polo on Netflix. The fight scene between the blind Sifu and the Cricket Minister was fucking awesome.

I recommend the series in general as well.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
"Prodigal Son" is Wing Chun bible
You can't see this kinda kung fu movie nowadays

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm a big martial arts film fan.

I am probably going to take some shit for this but I watched Man of Tai Chi the other day, Keanu Reeves' directorial debut, and it was a big surprise. I really enjoyed it's plot and there were some great fight scenes. I recommend it to martial arts fans.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Went to the mall today and was surprised to see a Sun Coast Video. Went in for Ong Bak 1. Left with IP Man Trilogy. They were doing a buy 2 get one free. I had IP man 1 in my hands used for $12.00. But while looking through more movies discovered a new sealed one for $6.00. So basically got all 3 on bluray for $12.00. Im pretty happy about it.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Went to the mall today and was surprised to see a Sun Coast Video. Went in for Ong Bak 1. Left with IP Man Trilogy. They were doing a buy 2 get one free. I had IP man 1 in my hands used for $12.00. But while looking through more movies discovered a new sealed one for $6.00. So basically got all 3 on bluray for $12.00. Im pretty happy about it.

Ip man Trilogy?

...I thought Ip man 3 with Donnie yen hasn't been released on Blu Ray yet... It's just finished it's run in the cinemas...

xROTx

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
It might not be rot. I got ip man, ip man 2: legend of the grandmaster, and ip man: the final fight. I just assumed it was part 3. Maybe its not.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It might not be rot. I got ip man, ip man 2: legend of the grandmaster, and ip man: the final fight. I just assumed it was part 3. Maybe its not.

It's not the complete trilogy...

Ip man 1 and 2 are released... the other films you mentioned are just cheap ripoffs...

...Ip man 3... the official Donnie Yen Film...

THATS the last of the Donnie Yen Trilogy...

xROTx

PS. I'm waiting for the Blu ray "release" myself:D... **cough.... I aint buying it...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Hopefully its good then. At least it was free. I knew i should have got Black Dynamite.

geise

Mickey's Coach
One of my favorites is the (1982) movie Chinese Super Ninjas.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Kung Fu was huge in the early 2000s. Now Superheroes are a big deal.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Kung Fu was huge in the early 2000s. Now Superheroes are a big deal.

Superhero movies are getting old.

And i really need to catch up on the recommendations in this thread.

So i just watched IP Man. Finally... Fucking AMAZING! Instantly a classic in my mind. Im going to waych it again next week. After i watch Creed tonight im going to fire up IP Man 2.

I had no idea that inspired it was by Bruce Lee's teacher.