Is a silver SNK sticker a good sign?

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
As I'm still figuring things out I feel like I should ask. I recently bought a few games online and 1 of the 3 was a boot (Intel chips).

Now they're selling another game I really want and noticed there's a silver SNK tamper sticker on the side which is uncut. Is that a good thing or have there been repro's of the security labels and it's not something to go by?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Silver sticker pretty much means its legit. If there is any question ask for a close up pic to see if it's been cut with a razor blade. Pretty sure there was never a repro silver sticker.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
It doesn't really tell you for sure, because someone could have removed the sticker from another game and reapplied it. That said, it's a good sign.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It doesn't really tell you for sure, because someone could have removed the sticker from another game and reapplied it. That said, it's a good sign.

If it's the big silver sticker, then it can't be cleanly removed like the small silver ones on JP carts.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
If it's the big silver sticker, then it can't be cleanly removed like the small silver ones on JP carts.

I was thinking of the small silver JP stickers. I wasn't aware there was another kind.

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
Good enough for me, thanks guys.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were sellers shady enough to try and reproduce them. Had to be sure it wasn't a potential scam.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
the sad part is unless you know who you are buying from, almost everything can be reproduced and passed off as legit

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
The few carts I've seen with the silver SNK sticker on the side were all legit. I had to slice it myself with a razor to open them to confirm.

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
the sad part is unless you know who you are buying from, almost everything can be reproduced and passed off as legit

Absolutely, all scams must start somewhere. It's reassuring to see they're unaware of repro labels. Anyway it was a Ghost Pilots MVS for $45. The good news is I won it. The bad is I wasn't the only one interested and it made it to $71. Sorry if I was bidding against someone else here.