I wish I had back...

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I too suffered sibling game violation but not as bad as you bro. It still pisses me off.

the only reason i'm glad my family has no interest in games.
also, i'm the youngest, so the siblings would have been on the receiving end, not me :P

on topic ->
i wish i had my saturn collection from my first go around, had every game i would ever want to play.
but i sold it because i was bored.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I miss my minty copy of Dracula X. I don't regret the trade (a psp back when they were new) but I'd like to have it back.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You moving some place that has better internet than your current dial-up?

Moving to Northern Cali as soon as I'm done with renovations, which is sort of behind schedule as I was planning to move this month.

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
We used to share things too. Luckily I had the forethought to buy him out before he sold anything. That's how I gained my Genesis and N64.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wish I had back 30 years...to be 10 again :)

Would be nice, but only if we could go back to the era we actually did grow up in.

I feel sorry for children now. School is no fun anymore, they tell you what to eat for lunch and have "zero tolerance" policies for fighting and such. Bullies are practically treated like mass murderers, and instead of teaching kids how to properly deal with them (kicking their ass!), the kids are coddled and pussified.

There's increasing numbers of child kidnappers/molesters preying on kids nowadays, schools are now places where shooting rampages happen, and it just seems kids are growing up too fast in general. Cell phones are creating a world of young zombies that value social networking, but are becoming socially awkward in real life.

Fuck growing up right now, it's no good.

Last edited:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member

Agreed. I've worked with kids quite a bit, only to have my solutions to their problems deemed "unacceptable" by their parents.

Shit you not, I had someone tell me that fighting is never the answer, as I was wrapping up teaching their child's tang soo do class.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Not something sold, but my sister took the old family TG-16 when she moved out. I bet it's tucked away in a dusty box somewhere, waiting to be unearthed because she cares less and less about hooking it back up every time she's moved since then. She has forgotten to OBEY.

Some day I get it back, I've still got the boxes to the system and Turbo Booster.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Agreed. I've worked with kids quite a bit, only to have my solutions to their problems deemed "unacceptable" by their parents.

Shit you not, I had someone tell me that fighting is never the answer, as I was wrapping up teaching their child's tang soo do class.
Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sometimes you just can't reason with a motherfucker and they just need a boot to the head to straighten them out. I'm seeing this more and more.

With my temper I'm lucky I'm not in jail right now.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm a packrat so I don't have any regrets.

I was making good money out of college 14 years ago and and went nuts buying Dreamcast and Neo Pocket. I'm glad I never sold any of that stuff.

I sold some saturn games and my whole Genesis and Sega CD Collection and haven't looked back.

I kind of regret letting go of Dunk Dreams AES for cheap but I can always play that on the data east collection.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Hrm. Almost everything I've sold is easily found on ebay, so i don't really regret any downsizing i did in the past. If i cared enough, I wouldjust buy it again.

I wish my parents didn't throw away all my NES boxes that I saved as a kid. I had kept all 40+ boxes, and they tossed them.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I wish I had back my huge collection of childhood toys, complete with all their accessories and vehicles: G.I.JOE, Masters of the Universe, Transformers, Star Wars, Inhumanoids, Ghostbusters, etc. I sold most of them to my younger brother and the local antique store when I hit my teens and needed cash to fuel my gaming and comic book habits.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
24147_1098939210141_4933156_n.jpg

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I wish I had all my old stuff back again. I was an idiot over the past years and sold off countless items. I used to have:

PVM Monitors
Four AES Systems (1 modded)
Mega Drives
Super Famicoms
FM Towns Marty 2
3DO's
Jaguar's
Two 25" candy cabs

Still makes me sad to this day how stupid I was.

GAMEFAN

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thread title is misleading...

...I thought this was going to be all about shapely derrieres...(or lack of them...)

Hans Grösse

Banned
I wish I had my Atari Jaguar Collection back. I remember getting a Jaguar after it died for $50 and a stack of brand new games, basically all they had on the shelf for $5 each. Rayman and Power Drive Rally I loved. I got a Brand new CD unit for $50 and yeah it sucked but it was cool to have and I made an attempt at Blue Lightning and Vid Grid was fun. I sold it all years later in boxes.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Sometimes you just can't reason with a motherfucker and they just need a boot to the head to straighten them out. I'm seeing this more and more.

With my temper I'm lucky I'm not in jail right now.

i'm actually incredibly level headed in most situations.
but sometimes you just gotta choke a bitch to get them in line.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
My step mom gave away my original snes thinking it was her daughters :(. Her daughter had a snes model 2 and I had a model 1, they don't even look remotely the same! In a fit of rage I ebayed and overpaid severely. Was like 50-60 bucks for a clean non yellowed one.

Last edited:

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
Would be nice, but only if we could go back to the era we actually did grow up in.

I feel sorry for children now. School is no fun anymore, they tell you what to eat for lunch and have "zero tolerance" policies for fighting and such. Bullies are practically treated like mass murderers, and instead of teaching kids how to properly deal with them (kicking their ass!), the kids are coddled and pussified.

There's increasing numbers of child kidnappers/molesters preying on kids nowadays, schools are now places where shooting rampages happen, and it just seems kids are growing up too fast in general. Cell phones are creating a world of young zombies that value social networking, but are becoming socially awkward in real life.

It's sad but true. I couldn't imagine trying to have children these days. I heard all the best gym/recess games have been 'outlawed'. Kids bury themselves in those damn phones. Everyone is a winner because like you said they're being coddled. At home, nobody plays outside like we used to. I'd have the whole block over here for various games. Now you're lucky to see a pair of kids alone in their own backyard. The worst part is none of that is likely to return.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
It's sad but true. I couldn't imagine trying to have children these days. I heard all the best gym/recess games have been 'outlawed'. Kids bury themselves in those damn phones. Everyone is a winner because like you said they're being coddled. At home, nobody plays outside like we used to. I'd have the whole block over here for various games. Now you're lucky to see a pair of kids alone in their own backyard. The worst part is none of that is likely to return.

yup, back in elementary school, the soccer field was for two things.
1. soccer (which usually turned into more rugby than anything)
2. settling disputes, aka "kicking someone's ass"

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Ibara Kuro Black Label, the full kit with the sticker :/

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I wish I had these back. Sold the 2 for over $1200.00 combined a few years back. I'm really kicking myself in the ass for that. I will never own these again.