Shadowgate

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member

Releases Aug 21.
I played this so much on NES, so I'll probably snag this for sure.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Great game, one of my favourite NES adventures. I still remember that anxious feeling when the last torch was about to go off...

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
hell yeah, good times on the NES. Sadly I won't pick this up for what ever console this is

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That's awesome I had no idea they were remaking Shadowgate.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That looks cool, but I'm happy to stick with the original. I have it on both the NES and the GBC.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
God i loved that game on the NES. I will probably give it a try to see the newer version because i am curious to see a modern take on it .

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
So much love for Shadowgate.

Too bad the remake is only available on PC/Mac/iOS/Android.

ArmoredGecko

Quiz Detective
This game was my first point and click game and I really didn't understand the how things like torches worked until I watched a speed run. Nonetheless as a child I was still super happy to have put this in the select few games I had beaten.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My buddy still has his copy for Mac. God that was years ago. B&W all day long.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
It does look pretty flash like, but once it hit's a nice price it's a good game for when on the train, in bed etc.
If you haven't played the game before it's probably worth a look.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Shadowgate was and still is good stuff, along with Deja Vu. I still need to track down Uninvited at some point. Though I'm not a fan of horror, so maybe I'll pass instead.

Not sure about this new remake, looks kinda cheap to me.

Anyone ever play Beyond Shadowgate?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I remember back in the day there was quite a bit of hype about this game in the local nintendo magazine. This seemed interesting as it was really the first rpg game that was released here on the nes. (I dont count zelda as an rpg).

I rented this a couple times but never got very far as I dont think I understood English well enough back then and the puzzles seemed kind of tricky.

zxtec

Cheng's Errand Boy
Interesting that they chose to remake Shadowgate. I'm a big fan of the original NES Shadowgate along with Deja Vu and Uninvited. The remake, based on the video looks cool but doesn't quite seem to have the same appeal or charm as the original. Being a fan, I'll still have to check it out.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I need to hunt down the GB version.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Gawd that music. Music is cool, but the new graphics aren't really that... uh, good? Reminds me a bit too much of Myst-era CG.

On a side note, there was one of those NES themed books written but "F.X. Nine" called Beyond Shadowgate. I used to really like that book as a kid. It basically sets up the pre-Shadowgate story so you read about the guy you're actually playing and how and why he ends up in front of Shadowgate. I doubt it holds up now, but 'twas interesting.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
This definitely has my attention, but is it all the same puzzles or did they add more content? I can beat shadow gate in an hour these days. I'll pass if it's just a new skin on the same game.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Shadowgate was and still is good stuff, along with Deja Vu. I still need to track down Uninvited at some point. Though I'm not a fan of horror, so maybe I'll pass instead.

Not sure about this new remake, looks kinda cheap to me.

Anyone ever play Beyond Shadowgate?

Deja Vu and Uninvited are rad. I love in the beginning of Deja Vu when you get robbed. If you hand over the cash the guy just shoots you lol.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Deja Vu and Uninvited are rad. I love in the beginning of Deja Vu when you get robbed. If you hand over the cash the guy just shoots you lol.

It always cracks me up when you deck him and he shows up later with a black eye. Punch him again, he shows up with 2 black eyes. Punch him a third time, he shoots you. Hilarious.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It always cracks me up when you deck him and he shows up later with a black eye. Punch him again, he shows up with 2 black eyes. Punch him a third time, he shoots you. Hilarious.

it was frekin' genius lol.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

He shoots you if you give him the coin. If you give him the bill instead he gives you his mother's thanks.